• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
    Channel 8 says they clinched the 7th pick.
    Since the Jets have the same record, the Chargers will flip to the 6th pick in the 2nd, then back to the 7th in the 3rd, etc.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      Channel 8 says they clinched the 7th pick.
      Yep, 7th it is

The Browns' reward for a 1-15 season will indeed be the best position in the draft. Here's a look at how the top 20 picks fell after Week 17 games.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

LOL to the Donks. Pick 20. The worst spot in the draft. No playoffs and a mediocre pick.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• X-man
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Whether you like Jabril Peppers, Jamal Adams, or Malik Hooker...one of them is very likely to be there at pick #7. This bodes well for San Diego's secondary if one is selected to be a Lightning Bolt. :bf:

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by X-man View Post
            Whether you like Jabril Peppers, Jamal Adams, or Malik Hooker...one of them is very likely to be there at pick #7. This bodes well for San Diego's secondary if one is selected to be a Lightning Bolt. :bf:
            If an elite pass rusher is there, I take him. Then target Eddie Jackson with our next pick and hope.
            Go OL heavy 3-7
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Getting a safety at seven is like getting an OG at 11.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• X-man
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                Getting a safety at seven is like getting an OG at 11.
                I think this defense is a solid safety away from being top 10 (with relative health.) I happen to favor a pass rushing dlineman /olb myself...but saw the makings of a very solid rotation with mebane, Reid, square, philon, on the interior....but if by some miracle Allen somehow falls to us...it be hard not take him. If liuget continues to falter...drop him after this year (cap price should be a softer blow). I like Derek Barnett and know he likely won't drop past top 15...(maybe trade down for him or one of the safety prospects makes more sense.)

Comment

• X-man
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Speaking of defense...ultimate dream for me would be for Carolina to cut Rivera. He becomes our new HC...keeps Pagano as asst HC (he gets promoted while learning nuances of being HC) and then bringing back Wade as the DC. I would love to see those three create a monstrous defense with the young studs we currently have. John Spanos...just make it happen, cap'n.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

This is a serious draft for safety though. We havnt had prospects like this in a while. Its like Sanders, Polamalu and Reed all coming out. Hooker has announced he is entering the draft. He may be my favorite player at the position. I see him as a Reed type. I see Adams as a Polamalu type but in the body of Sean Taylor. And to some extent Peppers as a Sanders type. But he will be used more in the box than as a coverage saftey. So i compare him a little to Jatavis Brown. We need someone who can work the middle of the field in coverage as well as play the slot and in the box. Adams is a beast. Hooker has the best ball awareness and ballhawking skills. He could be Reed im certain of it. Put up 8 ints a year type of playmaker.

We need a Safety so we most likely we end up with someone like Adams or Hooker. Not sold on Peppers as a pure coverage type Saftey. I think hes a great in the box type moneybacker. But we have that in Jatavis Brown. Deon Buchanon type. We need a guy who can run with stud TEs and bigger WRs. Play the slot.

However i would not hesitate to double dip on the DL to help Bosa. Liuget got the big money and shut it down. Hes so underwhelming. Mebane is fine when he isnt hurt. Id love for Allen to drop to 7 but it wont happen. Then again i didnt expect Robinson to fall so far last year. McDowell would be another guy who would work well with Bosa. We have to build around Bosa imo. The other thing is Verrett. He simply dosnt have the body to withstand the rigors of NFL football. He just cant take the beating. He is a serious liabilty now. He may be best in the slot and used sparingly. I know that sounds crazy but it scares me not to have a suitable backup if we lose him. I see him as a #2 right now anyways. Maybe a guy like Humphries or Tabor makes sense.

Mike Williams is a beast. He is the only offensive prospect that i would look at at 7. He is fairly well polished as well. Always catches the ball away from his body and up high. Good route runner. He would be great but i think Ty Williams in time will be a all around gem of a WR for us. But Allen can play the slot. He is one of only a few that can play XYZ in this league. So we could get Williams x2 and Allen on the field without having to take one out. Mike Williams might be a better all around prospect than Watkins and Hopkins were.

Im really loving where we are at #7. We are guaranteed a really good player. But i think Ramsay and Bosa would be the best 2 prospects in the draft if they were in this draft class.

OL is easily our most worrisome group going into the offseason. But i dont see anyone worthy of the 1st round in this draft. Maybe in the back of round 1. But this is the weakest class ive seen in a while. Yet one of the best defensive drafts in a while.

Comment

• X-man
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      This is a serious draft for safety though. We havnt had prospects like this in a while. Its like Sanders, Polamalu and Reed all coming out. Hooker has announced he is entering the draft. He may be my favorite player at the position. I see him as a Reed type. I see Adams as a Polamalu type. And to some extent Peppers as a Sanders type. But he will be used more in the box than as a coverage saftey. So i compare him a little to Brown. We need someone who can work the middle of the field in coverage as well as play the slot and in the box. Adams is a beast. Hooker has the best ball awareness and ballhawking skills. He could be Reed im certain of it. Put up 8 ints a year type of playmaker.

We need a Safety so we most likely we end up with someone like Adams or Hooker. Not sold on Peppers as a pure coverage type Saftey. I think hes a great in the box type moneybacker. But we have that in Jatavis Brown. Deon Buchanon type. We need a guy who can run with stud TEs and bigger WRs. Play the slot.

However i would not hesitate to double dip on the DL to help Bosa. Liuget got the big money and shut it down. Hes so underwhelming. Mebane is fine when he isnt hurt. Id love for Allen to drop to 7 but it wont happen. Then again i didnt expect Robinson to fall so far last year. McDowell would be another guy who would work well with Bosa. We have to build around Bosa imo. The other thing is Verrett. He simply dosnt have the body to withstand the rigors of NFL football. He just cant take the beating. He is a serious liabilty now. He may be best in the slot and used sparingly. I know that sounds crazy but it scares me not to have a suitable backup if we lose him. I see him as a #2 right now anyways. Maybe a guy like Humphries or Tabor makes sense.

Mike Williams is a beast. He is the only offensive prospect that i would look at at 7. He is fairly well polished as well. Always catches the ball away from his body and up high. Good route runner. He would be great but i think Ty Williams in time will be a all around gem of a WR for us. But Allen can play the slot. He is one of only a few that can play XYZ in this league. So we could get Williams x2 and Allen on the field without having to take one out. Mike Williams might be a better all around prospect than Watkins and Hopkins were.

Im really loving where we are at #7. We are guaranteed a really good player. But i think Ramsay and Bosa would be the best 2 prospects in the draft if they were in this draft class.

OL is easily our most worrisome group going into the offseason. But i dont see anyone worthy of the 1st round in this draft. Maybe in the back of round 1. But this is the weakest class ive seen in a while. Yet one of the best defensive drafts in a while.
                      ^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        This is a serious draft for safety though. We havnt had prospects like this in a while. Its like Sanders, Polamalu and Reed all coming out. Hooker has announced he is entering the draft. He may be my favorite player at the position. I see him as a Reed type. I see Adams as a Polamalu type. And to some extent Peppers as a Sanders type. But he will be used more in the box than as a coverage saftey. So i compare him a little to Brown. We need someone who can work the middle of the field in coverage as well as play the slot and in the box. Adams is a beast. Hooker has the best ball awareness and ballhawking skills. He could be Reed im certain of it. Put up 8 ints a year type of playmaker.

I agree with all the depth at Safety in this draft. What do you think about Eddie Jackson and could he be there in the 2nd for us if we get a DL in the 1st?
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                          I agree with all the depth at Safety in this draft. What do you think about Eddie Jackson and could he be there in the 2nd for us if we get a DL in the 1st?

I think hes probably in the early 3rd range? Im not terribly sold on him. He has a lot of CB experience. But i think he typically underplayed while having great coaching at Bama. He just couldnt blossom. Which leads me to wonder if he has coachability issues. Thats one program that turns highly touted HS DBs into stars. They really do a nice job of getting the most of their players. But with such a huge focus on stopping the run at that program DBs dont develop the coverage skills to be plug and play at the next level a lot of the time. Mark Barron struggled mightily. And to some extent Landon Collins got it later. And ended up with a possible DPOY type season this year. Jackson is no Collins though.

Comment

Working...
                          X