• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

This is the guy I'm looking at in the 2nd. I'm hoping we can get an OT there.

Garett Bolles, OT
    School: Utah | Conference: PAC12
    College Experience: Junior | Hometown: Lehi, UT
    Height/Weight: - / - lbs.
    Projected Ranking
    Overall Position Proj. Rnd.
    - - -

Player Overview
    Those inspired by the rise of Michael Oher of "The Blindside" fame will find Bolles especially interesting.

A one-time juvenile delinquent who spent two years after high school and away from football working as a garage door repairman, Bolles opted to re-dedicate himself to his faith, academics and the sport by enrolling at Snow College, a highly regarded JUCO program. There he evolved into a five-star recruit pursued by every program in the country, including powerhouses like Alabama, Ohio State and Florida State. Bolles was the highest rated recruit to ever sign with the Utes, ranking as the No. 2 overall JUCO prospect, regardless of position.

Within a few weeks of joining the program, Bolles was inserted at left tackle and excelled in 2016, earning First Team All-Pac-12 honors from conference coaches. Though his limited experience is an obvious concern, Bolles' undeniable tools and a relatively weak year for offensive tackles could have the NFL just as excited as NCAA teams were in acquiring his services.
    Strengths Weaknesses
    STRENGTHS: Easy movement skills for a man of his size. Possesses very good initial quickness, lateral agility and balance, translating well to mirroring edge rushers in pass protection as well as blocking on the move in the running game. Gains good depth on his initial kick-step, sliding easily to his left and playing with bent knees and his butt down to effectively win the leverage battle. Shows a second burst to recover on the rare occasions in which he is late off the snap. At least average arm length for the position. Provides a powerful initial punch to slow defender and can erase opponents from the play when he latches on with accurate hand placement. Unlocks his hips on contact, looking to maul opponents, not just steer them. Seems to enjoy the physicality and challenge of one-on-one drive blocking, firing off the snap and moving defenders because of his power and use of leverage. Accelerates smoothly out of his stance when uncovered, showing burst, bend and vision to locate and lock onto defenders at the second level. Blocks to the echo of the whistle, showing the nastiness to endear him to NFL offensive line coaches, as well as the natural combination of size, strength and athleticism that earned him playing time at eight different positions in high school... Has matured after a troubling adolescence. Served on an LDS mission and is now married with a child.

WEAKNESSES: Can get lazy with his fundamentals, especially in pass protection, failing to keep his feet shuffling and allowing his hands to slide up and down the chest plate, leaving him vulnerable to swim moves. A bit reliant, at times, on his initial punch and agility to mirror, failing to latch on and control as consistently as he should. Already an older prospect than most at 24 and has only one season at the FBS level, following his JUCO transfer. Suffered through a tough adolescence, including a drug-addicted mother. Was reportedly suspended or kicked out of five schools as a teenager, for issues involving drugs, fights and vandalism before being taken in by his former lacrosse coach (Greg Freeman) and his wife, Emily. Spent nearly two years out of school and football working in garage door repair between high school and Snow College.

IN OUR VIEW: Though he is more of a grappler than a technician at this point, Bolles appears to possess long enough arms to remain on the outside at tackle in the NFL and he certainly has the feet and nastiness scouts are looking for. Bolles projects best in a zone-blocking scheme and if teams are comfortable with his troubled past, he could earn top 50 consideration.

COMPARES TO: Breno Giacomini, New York Jets: Bolles is more athletic than Giacomini (who also played left tackle in college) and therefore has a better chance at remaining on the blind side at the next level than the former Louisville standout. Bolles plays with a similar physicality and brawler mentality that has helped Giacomini emerge as a quality starting right tackle and possesses a greater upside due to his limited reps.

--Rob Rang (1/16/17)
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      Yeah. It would be tough call if the two safeties grade out as well as Williams though. I wonder what if any concessions Bradley got for signing on.
      Lies would be my guess.

Time to FU this Spanoses
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Based on speed and hands id compare Corey Davis to Julio over Williams. Williams is more of a Keenan Allen type. I think he probably times at 4.5 range. Maybe late 4.4's. Davis could run in the 4.3's. He blazes. Catches the ball with his hands at all times. Williams is the better route runner. Davis the better deep threat. Both have big play ability and make the amazing catch up in the air. Both can jump out of the stadium. I actually dont think they are far apart. I think Davis had he seen tougher DB's would have torched them all the same. Do not sleep on Davis as a top 10 pick.

I think there could be a high probability that both the Safeties are gone. So i would be looking at Pass Rush or WR. With a move to a 43 Under/Over i could see that Leo spot or Safety being the top priority. Getting Ingram resigned. It would give us 3 monster pass rushers if we drafted Thomas or Barnett. I do however expect these 2 edge players to run pretty slow. But it will be that 10 yard split that matters most. And shuttle times.

Safe players to draft.

Williams WR
        Davis WR
        Thomas Edge
        Barnett Edge
        Adams S
        Hooker S
        Foster LB
        One of em will be there.

Time to FU this Spanoses
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

NFL Draft Notes: NFLPA and Shrine Bowl Top Performers
          The top performers in collegiate bowl action.
          Josh Edwards - 13 hours ago 1

The NFL is one week closer towards locking in the NFL Draft order and, consequently, the 2017 NFL Draft. 247Sports examines the top performers from the weekend's slate of collegiate All-Star football games as well as a slew of draft trades already.

NFLPA Collegiate Bowl Top Performers

MVP honors went to St. Albany (Pa.) defensive back Lorenzo Jerome. He earned an invitation to the Reese's Senior Bowl next weekend after recording two interceptions. Virginia running back Taquan Mizzell, also known as 'Smoke,' had 96 rushing yards. East Carolina quarterback Philip Nelson had a solid day as well. Louisville tight end Keith Towbridge surpasses his season long total with three receptions. North Carolina A&T running back Tarik Cohen, North Carolina running back TJ Logan, Southern running back Lenard Tillery, Albany State defensive tackle Grover Stewart and Washington offensive guard Jakob Eldrenkamp also stood out.

Former St. Louis Rams wide receiver Torry Holt, one of the coaches, said tight ends Jamal Lyles (Michigan State), Cethan Carter (Nebraska) and Nate Iese (UCLA) also stood out this week as well as Ohio State wide receiver Dontre Wilson.

East-West Shrine Game Top Performers

Florida Atlantic defensive end Trey Hendrickson was the star of practice and the game. He is a maximum effort player who doubles as an effective pass rusher. Louisiana-Lafayette running back Eli McGuire had a few nice, long runs. Arizona wide receiver Trey Griffey also made some nice plays. He is the son of former MLB star Ken Griffey Jr. Florida defensive end Bryan Cox, son of the NFL great, also caused a lot of disruption in the opponent's backfield. Jackson State lineback Javancy Jones was another athletic player that made plays sideline-to-sideline.

The NFL Network had their "Made Money" teams for players that performed well through the week. On the West, it was UCLA cornerback Fabian Moreau, Washington State wide receiver Gabe Marks, Shepherd wide receiver Billy Brown and Arkansas defensive end Deatrich Wise. On the East, it was Hendrickson, Temple cornerback Nate Hairston, Michigan running back De'Veon Smith, Vanderbilt offensive tackle William Holden (who had a reception in the game) and Drake tight end Eric Saubert.

Early Top Prospects in 2018

The deadline to declare for the 2017 NFL Draft has passed which now means that fans have a general idea of who will be available to their teams next season. USC quarterback Sam Darnold, UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen, Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen, Texas A&M wide receiver Christian Kirk, Alabama wide receiver Calvin Ridley, Florida State safety Derwin James, Ohio State defensive end Sam Hubbard, Notre Dame offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey and LSU pass rusher Arden Key are considered some of the top prospects at this time.

Updated NFL Draft Order

29. Green Bay Packers

30. Pittsburgh Steelers

Here is the full NFL Draft order.

Picks Traded as part of the 2017 NFL Draft

A total of 33 draft choices have already been traded as part of the 2017 NFL Draft. Four trades have happened in the first two rounds. the Cleveland Browns have the No. 12 overall pick from the Philadelphia Eagles. The Tennessee Titans have the No. 5 overall pick from the Los Angeles Rams. The Eagles have the No. 14 overall pick from the Minnesota Vikings. Cleveland also has a second-round choice from the Titans. 19 of 32 NFL teams have completed a trade that involves a 2017 NFL Draft pick. The Browns have sent a seventh-round pick to two different teams (the Carolina Panthers and San Francisco 49ers) in separate deals involving punter Andy Lee. The New England Patriots have exchanged a league leading eight picks.

Here is a full list of the picks that have been traded or forfeited.

Forfeited Picks

It's been the Year of the Forfeited Pick in the NFL. The Patriots forfeited a fourth-round choice as part of the 'Deflategate' scandal. The New York Giants will pick lower in the fourth-round due to 'Walkie-Talkie Gate.' The Seattle Seahawks forfeited a fifth-round choice due to an OTA violation. The Kansas City Chiefs surrendered a sixth-round choice due to tampering. The Seahawks could also lose a second-round choice due to another violation
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

I watch the film on Hooker and i sometimes wonder if hes a great value at 7. He dosnt line up in anything other than zone. Hes pretty much strictly a centerfielder. No slot. No man. I think his coverage skills could be a little above average. He takes some bad angles. And on more than a few occasions is out of position. I know his hype is based on projections. Most players are valued based on projections. But i have a thing for whats on film. He has a lot of INTs that are not difficult to make. Deeper balls. None in close coverage. I watch a guy like Adams and he lines up in a few different places. He can cover man to man. Play zone. Play the run. Play the slot. If i were to be looking for a chess piece player at S id say Adams is the more valuable of the 2. I think Adams/Lowery may be a better combo than Addae/Hooker. Id love to have a FS that can play slot. Or man to man. As well as deep coverage. I just wonder if a guy like Budda Baker or Marcus Williams is a better value in the 2nd with our 1st pick going to pass rush. A guy like Thomas or Barnett.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              I watch the film on Hooker and i sometimes wonder if hes a great value at 7. He dosnt line up in anything other than zone. Hes pretty much strictly a centerfielder. No slot. No man. I think his coverage skills could be a little above average. He takes some bad angles. And on more than a few occasions is out of position. I know his hype is based on projections. Most players are valued based on projections. But i have a thing for whats on film. He has a lot of INTs that are not difficult to make. Deeper balls. None in close coverage. I watch a guy like Adams and he lines up in a few different places. He can cover man to man. Play zone. Play the run. Play the slot. If i were to be looking for a chess piece player at S id say Adams is the more valuable of the 2. I think Adams/Lowery may be a better combo than Addae/Hooker. Id love to have a FS that can play slot. Or man to man. As well as deep coverage. I just wonder if a guy like Budda Baker or Marcus Williams is a better value in the 2nd with our 1st pick going to pass rush. A guy like Thomas or Barnett.
              Very tough choices to make. But you can't go wrong with a 10 sack guy. Or a 5 INT guy. I'm loving our slot. I keep seeing Adams going earlier than 7, which makes him desirable too.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Here's a guy probably available in the 4th that would look good as a Bolt.

Texas RB D'Onta Foreman intends to enter 2017 NFL Draft

By Chase Goodbread
                College Football 24/7 writer
                Published: Nov. 30, 2016 at 04:18 p.m.

Texas running back D'Onta Foreman announced on Wednesday that he intends to apply for early eligibility to enter the 2017 NFL Draft.

Citing a desire to "strike while the iron is hot," Foreman is certainly doing so as the only FBS running back to break the 2,000-yard rushing mark in the regular season.

"I had a wonderful season, and I feel like it's time for me to pursue my dream," he said, per the Austin American-Statesman.
                College Football 24/7 Hot Topics:

Foreman (6-foot-1, 249 pounds, per school measurements) was a bright spot for a disappointing Texas team that finished 5-7 and dismissed coach Charlie Strong. He led the 128-team FBS field in regular season play in both carries (323) and rushing yards (2,208). At 6-foot-1, 250 pounds, the junior will be an attractive option for NFL clubs in search of a power rusher in the draft. He rushed for more than 100 yards in all 11 games he played in this season, including games of 250, 341 and 250 against Baylor, Texas Tech and Kansas, respectively. New Texas coach Tom Herman planned to talk with Foreman about his decision on Monday. Foreman said he likely would have applied for early draft eligibility even if Strong had not been dismissed.

"Foreman is way bigger than people realize. He has elite size almost to the point where he might need to lose weight to maintain his quickness at the next level," said NFL.com draft analyst Lance Zierlein. "Good vision. Quick feet. Proved he can handle being an every-down back this year. His workload this season might be cause for some concern, but it hasn't been an issue until this year."

Zierlein has compared Foreman's skill set to that of Carolina Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart. Kansas City Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles, himself a former Longhorn, called Foreman the best running back in college football earlier this season.

Underclassmen have until a Jan. 16 deadline to apply for early draft eligibility.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I'd love to see Dawkins as a Bolt in the 3rd as our next OLG.

Temple's Haason Reddick, Dion Dawkins stand out at Senior Bowl
                  Updated: January 27, 2017 — 5:49 PM EST

Temple football players Dion Dawkins (left) and Haason Reddick have been two of the top performers at Senior Bowl practices this week.
                  by Zach Berman, STAFF WRITER

MOBILE, Ala. - Two of the best players at the Senior Bowl practices this week wore Temple helmets, but they played in different spots than they did while starring for the Owls.

Both Dion Dawkins and Haason Reddick adjusted to new positions in preparing for the NFL. Dawkins went from offensive tackle to offensive guard, and Reddick from defensive end to linebacker.

They proved to be quick studies. After three days of practice, Senior Bowl executive director Phil Savage named Dawkins the top performer on the offensive line and Reddick the top performer at linebacker. Savage, a former Cleveland Browns general manager who worked in the Eagles' front office, told the Senior Bowl website Dawkins has "Pro Bowl-potential at guard" and that Reddick "elevated his stock as much as any player."

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock labeled Reddick the "player who made the most money" this week.

The game will be played Saturday, but most of the evaluation took place during the week's practices. That's when Dawkins, who started at left tackle for three years, first showed scouts he could play guard. And Reddick, who excelled as an undersize pass rusher in college, proved he could play in the second level.

"I took it is as a challenge," Reddick said. "I wanted to conquer it, so my thing was to come here and prove I could do it. I came here with a chip on my shoulder. I wanted to show everyone that I'm one of the best players on the field no matter where you put me, and I think I did that this week."

Dion Dawkins, OG
                  School: Temple | Conference: AAC
                  College Experience: Senior | Hometown: Rahway, NJ

- - -

Player Overview
                  The popularity of spread offenses at the high school and college level might lead to more points being scored and but the wide splits and two-point stance popular at the line of scrimmage has only made the learning curve that much steeper for most offensive linemen heading into the NFL. As such, when a massive and athletic left tackle like Dawkins comes along with four years of experience firing out from the three point stance for a pro-style offense, scouts (and offensive line coaches) get excited.

Dawkins took a circuitous route to being a top NFL prospect. After high school, he attended Hargrave Military Academy for a year, was stamped as a two-star recruit (as a defensive tackle) and initially committed to Cincinnati, before then-Temple head coach Matt Rhule convinced him to play for the Owls. Dawkins' unique combination of size and athleticism earned him immediate playing time but after five games (including two starts at left tackle), a broken foot abruptly ended his freshman season. Since, however, he's proven to be one Temple's toughest players, starting 40 games over his career (all at left tackle) and earning All-American Athletic Conference honors the past two years, including First-Team accolades as a senior.
                  Strengths Weaknesses
                  STRENGTHS: Sports a massive chest freezer-like frame which he uses to simply engulf defenders at the point of attack. Though his square-ish frame looks better suited to guard or right tackle, Dawkins shows impressive initial quickness, balance and patience in pass protection, as well as the long arms needed to steer defenders away from the ball. He shows natural mirror skills, easily sliding left and right to keep defenders squarely in front him and plays with a calm patience, easing out of his stance and waiting for defenders to come to him. Dawkins is a coordinated, balanced athlete but plays with a brawling mentality, jolting opponents with his initial punch and working to sustain blocks in the running game. When he keeps his pad level low, Dawkins can drive defenders off the ball, firing out of his three-point stance. He is highly respected by the Temple coaches and players, being honored with a single digit jersey (only awarded to the toughest players on the team) as a sophomore, though NCAA jersey restrictions keep offensive linemen from wearing one during games.

WEAKNESSES: Has been able to get away with lax technique at this level and simply wall off defenders with his size. Too often negates his own power and agility by coming off the ball too high and bending at the waist. Lacks accuracy with his initial punch, hitting his target high and stopping his feet on contact, failing to sustain blocks effectively. Comes with some character red flags as he was arrested (along with teammate Haason Reddick) for their suspected involvement in a fight with a fellow Temple student outside of a Philadelphia nightclub. There were multiple charges for both players, including felony aggravated assault and conspiracy charges. Represented by the same legal firm and protesting their innocence, each avoided trial by agreeing to deal which placed them in a diversionary program, Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD), which is normally associated with non-violent crimes.

IN OUR VIEW: Football is a big man's game and they don't come much bigger or more powerful than Dawkins. With the frame, power, agility and mentality to help quickly at tackle or guard, Dawkins looks like a potential Day One starter.

COMPARES TO: Donovan Smith, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The 6-foot-6, 338 pound Smith was a "surprise" as the No. 34 overall pick two years ago but has since justified his selection as the Bucs' starting left tackle. Like Smith, Dawkins will always be vulnerable to the speediest of edge rushers but his length and feet make him surprisingly effective in pass protection and a force in the running game.

--Rob Rang, 12-29-16
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• CTrout
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
                    https://youtu.be/1sS0OnaF6Tk

Tahoe Kpassagnon video I posted about above. It looks like he's playing against a bunch of little kids =)
                    Damn.. Mayock said he could of moved up into a 2nd rounder...I was kind of hoping he'd be there in the 3rd,4th..

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Lets see if he can do that today against good OL. Ill be watching.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

And he already made his presence known.

Comment

• CTrout
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I've never heard of Zay Jones until this week.
                          All week in practice and early in this game he sure stands out.

Comment

Working...
                          X