• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Interesting we are checking out Mixon. Qsmokey would love it if they draft him!
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

Sam Rogers FB from VT. Big time lunch pail guy. Does everything he's asked at 110% not the best athlete but he is a throw back type player. If we kicked the tires then we may be looking for 5-7 round or UDFA fullback. Better up your game Watt

Comment

• Rugger05
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        image: http://walterfootball.com/jscss/Imag...os/TRN/SDC.gif

San Diego Chargers
        Keion Adams, DE, Western Michigan (PRI)
        Antony Auclair, TE, Laval (EW)
        Erik Austell, OT, Charleston Southern (EW)
        Zach Banner, OT, USC (SR)
        Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio (SR)
        Chunky Clements, DT/3-4DE, Illinois (EW)
        Marcus Cox, RB, Appalachian State (EW)
        Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell (WOR)
        Dion Dawkins, OT, Temple (SR)
        Josh Dobbs, QB, Tennessee (WOR)
        Darius English, DE/3-4OLB, South Carolina (PRO)
        Jaleel Johnson, DT/3-4DE/NT, Iowa (SR)
        John Johnson, S, Boston College (SR)
        Josh Jones, S, N.C. State (PRO)
        Kevin King, CB, Washington (PRO)
        DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame (WOR)
        Forrest Lamp, OT/G, Western Kentucky (SR)
        Pat Mahomes^, QB, Texas Tech (COM, WOR)
        Jonathan McLaughlin, OT, Virginia Tech (EW)
        Taylor McNamara, TE, USC (EW)
        Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma (PRI)
        Avery Moss, DE, Youngstown State (EW)
        Storm Norton, OT, Toledo (EW)
        Dare Ogunbowale, RB, Wisconsin (EW)
        James Onwualu, OLB, Notre Dame (EW)
        Ethan Pocic, G/C, LSU (SR)
        Jalen Robinette, WR, Air Force (SR)
        Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech (SR)
        Jordan Sterns, S, Oklahoma State (SR)
        Channing Stribling, CB, Michigan (EW)
        Trent Taylor, WR, Louisiana Tech (SR)
        Sam Tevi, OT, Utah (EW)
        Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado (EW)
        Dalvin Tomlinson, DT/NT, Alabama (SR)
        Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, DT, USC (SR)
        Eddie Vanderdoes, DT/3-4DE/NT, UCLA (SR)
        Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma (PRO)
        Mike Williams, WR, Clemson (COM)
        Jordan Willis, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Kansas State (SR)
        Deatrich Wise Jr., DE/3-4OLB, Arkansas (EW)
        Deangelo Yancey, WR, Purdue (PRI)

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMe...h3SfA6JH1Gd.99

It's awesome that a majority of the sites still has the team under San Diego Chargers. F You DEAN!!!!

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

I was watching NFL app on Roku when I was down in Mexico as of March 25 and it still says San Diego Chargers even for current content
          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The Los Angeles Chargers have many areas of need to address in the 2017 NFL Draft, and with the seventh overall pick, they’ll get a very good head start. The defensive line, safety, wide rece…

I kindliness this mock!
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
              That seems like an awfully optimistic top of that mock draft - not that I'd complain about it.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

The Ringer did a new mock: https://theringer.com/ringer-nfl-moc...2-6917921551d6

They Love Lamp.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                  The Ringer did a new mock: https://theringer.com/ringer-nfl-moc...2-6917921551d6

They Love Lamp.
                  I love Lamp too I just think we can drop down and add a draft pick and still get him. Having said that people thought Scherff was drafted too high but he has been a plug and play player and that's what you want with a top pick.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                    I love Lamp too I just think we can drop down and add a draft pick and still get him. Having said that people thought Scherff was drafted too high but he has been a plug and play player and that's what you want with a top pick.
                    Yeah, that seems pretty high to take Lamp.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

PFF brings you in-depth analysis for the NFL Draft, including college player grades, prospect profiles, and rankings.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

I believe the Bolts choice will come down to these two players Allen versus Barnett. Who do you take? #2 versus #3 on PFF's top 150.

PFF scouting report: Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama

The PFF analysis team breaks down the prospects of Alabama's Jonathan Allen ahead of the 2017 NFL Draft.
                        PFF Analysis Team | 2 weeks ago
                        Jonathan Allen

(Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

Name: Jonathan Allen

School: Alabama

Position fit: 4-3 defensive end or 3-4 defensive end. Regardless of “base” position, can rush from the interior in subpackages.

Stats to know: Led all interior defensive linemen with 67 pressures in 2016

What he does best:

Explodes into blockers and controls the line of scrimmage
                        Will stay square, work down the line of scrimmage in the run game
                        Has the power to push the pocket as a pass-rusher. Can compress pocket from interior or off the edge
                        Has quickness and hands to win on the inside against guards, versatile skillset allows him to rush passer from many different positions
                        Relentless with his hands, will pick up late pressures
                        Rarely loses on first contact against opposing blockers
                        Had few opportunities to play 6-tech, but would likely be dominant run defender as base DE
                        At his best when engaging and using his hands to shed blocks
                        After playing only 401 snaps in 2015, Allen showed that he can handle more of a full-time role in 2016, playing 746 snaps while excelling both against the run and as a pass-rusher

Biggest concern:

Lets blockers get into his pads and gets buried every now and then (Will powerful NFL guards have run game success?)
                        When he does lose on first contact, can get engulfed
                        Not as disruptive when shooting gaps, better at engaging blockers and using his hands to win

Player comparison: Sheldon Richardson, New York Jets.

While Allen and Richardson don’t necessarily defeat blocks in the same manner, Richardson has been productive both as a run defender and as a pass-rusher while playing multiple roles along the defensive front. Allen has the potential to produce in a similar way, providing a disruptive, playmaking presence against the run while creating pressure from the interior.

Bottom line: Allen is an appealing player for any defense regardless of scheme, especially given his ability to rush the passer and play the run on the interior. His best fit on early downs may be as a base defensive end that is capable of setting a strong edge in the run game and creating mismatches against tight ends while working inside in nickel and dime situations. Regardless of role, Allen has three-down potential at the next level and he’s one of the best players in the draft.

PFF scouting report: Derek Barnett, Edge, Tennessee

The PFF analysis team breaks down the prospects of Tennessee's Derek Barnett ahead of the 2017 NFL Draft.
                        PFF Analysis Team | 2 weeks ago
                        (Frederick Breedon/Getty Images)

(Frederick Breedon/Getty Images)

Name: Derek Barnett

School: Tennessee

Position fit: 4-3 defensive end or 3-4 outside linebacker if necessary

Stats to know: Ranked second overall among edge defenders in 2015 and third in 2016

What he does best:

Knows how to take out second blocker in run game
                        Good balance when rushing around the edge
                        Plays with good pad level in the run game, allowing him to shoot gaps, disrupt runs and break free on twists and stunts
                        Wins on first contact more often than not in the run game, jarring blockers backward
                        Can overpower tight ends when lined up at head up (6-tech), can be dominant run defender in that role
                        Excellent bend around the corner, big chunk of his pressures he simply gets lower than the opposing tackle
                        45 of his 78 pressures came to the outside shoulder of the offensive tackle in 2016
                        Pressured quarterback on 20.0 percent of his rushes, well above the NCAA average of 10 percent.
                        Will jump the snap, good get-off on a number of his pressures
                        Good feel for cut blocks, can work through them and disrupt the short passing game
                        Capable spin move allows him to get inside offensive tackles

Biggest concern:

Doesn’t always shed as cleanly and consistently as needed in run game
                        Can get caught too far upfield on the front side of zone plays
                        Rarely wins with a bullrush; nearly every pressure came to the inside or outside
                        Can get moved of the ball against double teams

Player comparison: Greg Hardy, Panthers (on the field)

Like Hardy, Barnett may not always look like the classic edge defender, but he gets the job done by beating blocks in the run game and as a pass-rusher.

Bottom line: Barnett’s three-year production should not go overlooked during the draft process, though it’s likely that he won’t appeal to teams looking for a classic mold of edge defender. He knows how to beat blocks, disrupt in the running game, and get around the edge as a pass-rusher and his production should translate to the next level, even if he doesn’t have the classic look of a Myles Garrett or Jadeveon Clowney.
                        Last edited by Formula 21; 03-29-2017, 01:13 PM.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

For years, I've wanted to see the Bolts go smaller and faster at DE. I'm tired of seeing bigger guys run around and get nowhere on pass downs with the game on the line.

I love Allen and would love to see him here as a 3 down DE. But I have to go with Barnett as a pass rusher even if he's a 2 down player to keep him fresh. Pass rush wins games.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X