• Show
Clear All
  • chargerkdb
    Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Yeah, that seems pretty high to take Lamp.
    Yep. I don't get too wrapped up on where they go as long as it makes sense. Scherff went too high? He's already a pro bowler and barring injury should be a mainstay on that line for years. But, there's also Robert Gallery going 2nd overall, he definately went too high. Both supposedly can't miss Guards from Iowa. Go figure

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      That seems like an awfully optimistic top of that mock draft - not that I'd complain about it.
      It looks like all they did was play the Fanspeak draft game with the CBS board and then post the results.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

OK, here's mine from that board:
        DRAFT-2017-03-30-CBS.jpg

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Maybe i could write an article about this draft.

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Hotter than hell, Georgia
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Maybe i could write an article about this draft.

That draft would do just fine. Not too sure Tim Williams will be there in the 5th though or Ross in the 4th....yikes

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Not sure any of them will be there at those slots lol.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                Not sure any of them will be there at those slots lol.
                Of course not. Thats my point. That sim is ridiculous and making an article based on that sim is ridiculous. lol Because its such a flawed sim.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

5. Derek Barnett — Pro Day

Barnett didn’t have an exception field workout, but the 6-2, 264-pounder likely knew he wouldn’t. Still, it’s Barnett’s nature to want to work, and so the fact that he ran a 4.9-second 40 and managed only 20 reps on the bench press is not likely to dissuade the NFL teams that have been attracted by his attitude and production.

As interesting as the NFL combine and field event testing is, football is a game played on the field at the end of the day, and Barnett has proven the most consistent pass rusher in SEC history with three seasons of double-digit sacks.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Its funny because Barnett is a sloppy looking guy. He looks like hes out of shape and just overall chunky. But the guy wrecks on the field. My fear is that when he gets in an NFL camp he will end up dropping a lot of weight because teams will make him get more fit. Hes a fat 260. Thing is if he dropped weight i think he could still play SAM. He moves surprisingly well for being a little overweight and his 3 cone was very very good.

Melvin came into cam shredded last year and was probably listed somewhere in the 240's. Under 250 for sure. Hopefully he packed on muscle weight this offseason and gets closer to 255-260.

I think even if Barnett lost weight he or Ingram could play both Leo/SAM. I just love the way Barnett plays the game and he dosnt have a bad work ethic.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

This was the Soloman Thomas type I really wanted a couple of years ago. Early picks can suck too.

MIAMI – Defensive end Dion Jordan has been released by the Miami Dolphins, solidifying his status as a draft bust.

Jordan started one game and totaled three sacks after being taken with the No. 3 overall draft pick four years ago.

Jordan was reinstated by the NFL in July following a 15-month suspension for his latest violation of the league's substance abuse policy. He spent last season rehabilitating from knee surgery and hasn't played in a game since 2014.

The former Oregon star's release has been expected, and he was waived Friday after failing a physical.

Jordan's departure coincided with the signing of free agent safety T.J. McDonald, who will miss the first half of the season while serving an eight-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.
                      We got Fluker that year. Oh well, it as a bad year all around.

Of note, only 3 - 3rd day picks, rounds 4-7, ever made the pro bowl from that year. That shows you how bad the bottom end of the draft board is.
                      Last edited by Formula 21; 04-05-2017, 12:29 AM.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

In the 2014 draft, only 1 - 3rd day pick ever made a pro bowl.

You might as well make all these guys free agents and let them go wherever they want.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Adams ran a 4.33 today at his proday but it was later changed to a 4.45 or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                          X