• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

But even Bush had dismal rushing numbers. Didn't even ave 4 ypc in New Orleans. Rushing wise he was a bust but ended up with over 400 receptions. Just a waste as the #2 overall. And when Bush got more carries later in his career, he was always hurt.
    That said, I wouldn't pick McCaffrey at #7.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-18-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

His 2011-2013 rushing numbers were very good considering the limited attempts. So my point was that if McCaffrey put up Bush type rushing numbers coupled with Bush type receiving numbers from early in his career they would look something like this.

200 attempts for 1000 yards and 80 receptions for 700 yards. Not bad.

I think if you give up a lot to move up for McCaffrey you are hoping for those type of numbers. And hes a stud returner. Problem is hes not built like a tank. So most of these types of players at this size deal with injuries.

Hes a nice player...but damn if you could get a David Johnson/Le Veon Bell type in the middle rounds that really helps your team. I love Gordon and he was my guy. I wasnt a huge fan of moving up for him though. Id rather have Gordon than McCaffrey though. But id much rather have McCaffrey over Woodhead.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Sproles was what Bush was supposed to be. Big mistake not paying to keep him.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

He may but Bush was much faster and explosive than McCaffrey. I'd be fine with him in the second round, just no way at number seven.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Thats my point. If Denver wants to use a bunch of picks to move up for that type of production and Thomas let them. Because i dont think he puts up those type of numbers. Ive seen too many players like him coming out of college get stopped in their tracks in the NFL. A couple from Stanford. Hes got the pedigree thing working for him. Hes also a serious leadership type guy.

His routes though are what makes him a different player when discussing all those other RBs. Like Sproles. He can run the entire tree and make all the catches. So sure maybe hes a 3rd down RB. But hes also a potentially strong slot WR on down 1 and 2. I see a Welker/Woodhead type guy. Those are the 2 guys im seeing. But hes faster.

But id just assume get those players where they were drafted. Or undrafted. lol Seriously a guy like Switzer can do a lot of what McCaffrey will do at the WR position. And he wont take a 1st to get him.

I like McCaffrey but he dosnt scare me. I think he will struggle with injuries.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Totally agree.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Be sweet if Den traded up with us for McCaffrey. Won't happen but we'd make out like bandits.
                Last edited by blueman; 04-18-2017, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by bolts4lyfe View Post
                  A guy named Dae Te Thomas who is an apparent super scout, who is familiar with many scouting circles and teams pay for his input said on a Podcast/blog (he usually writes one every year but failed to do so this year with the passing of his wife)

said Chargers are poised to take Adams with the 7th pick, that he's their first choice, but we'd have to wait it out for him to get past Chicago and Tennessee, also indicates the team really like TJ Watt in the 2nd
                  Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  Be sweet if Den traded up with us for McCaffrey. Won't happen but we'd make out like bandits.
                  I'd be stoked if anyone traded up and we got another pick in the top 100

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Yeah, staying put and taking Adams wouldn't suck either.

Who are the players not named Garrett who could conceivably put a team "over the top?" Other than McCaffrey to a team like Den...not sure we get a trade partner at 7.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Yeah, staying put and taking Adams wouldn't suck either.

Who are the players not named Garrett who could conceivably put a team "over the top?" Other than McCaffrey to a team like Den...not sure we get a trade partner at 7.
                      Probably a quick producing position like running back.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Denver would have to hope Siemian isn't the next Orton and Lynch's work ethic improve if they sink picks to trade up on that dude. Maybe they should try to get Cousins from WAS instead if they're in win now mode.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

I would love to get Blount for cheap.

Comment

Working...
                          X