• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I think the Jets will grab Trubisky at 6, but if they don't I could see Cleveland calling TT to trade up and grab him. Not sure if they would give up the 33 pick overall, but I would take their second 2nd round pick and a 4th and their 4th rounder. This would give TT an extra 4th rounder he loves to trade so much

Browns could trade up from No. 12 to draft Mitchell Trubisky

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 20, 2017, 5:18 AM EDT

Getty Images
    The Browns have talked about trading down from the No. 1 overall pick, and about trading for a veteran quarterback. But what about trading up from their second first-round pick, No. 12 overall, to draft a quarterback?

According to Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com, that’s a possibility, and the quarterback they’d be trading up for is North Carolina’s Mitchell Trubisky.

“We are open to it,” Browns G.M. Sashi Brown said, although he didn’t say whether Trubisky is the player they’d move up to draft.

So if the Browns’ dream scenario is to come out of the first round with both Myles Garrett and Trubisky, they could take Garrett first overall and then package some of their other picks with the No. 12 pick to move back into the Top 10 and get Trubisky. Doing that, however, would run counter to the Browns’ general strategy of accumulating more picks by trading down.

“Generally, we value picks,” Brown said. “We think no matter how prepared you are there is always a lot of uncertainty in the draft. Every team misses. We’re not going to be different in that regard. We like young talent. We’ve said the draft is going to be the pipeline. We don’t want to get into a habit of turning two picks into one, so to speak. We just don’t think that is a good way to do business over time.”

So if the Browns do trade up for Trubisky, that would be a departure from their strategy of accumulating picks. If they think Trubisky is a franchise quarterback, however, a departure from their strategy could be wise.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
      I get that however I have herd tail Mixon is still going to go in the first or second round. If that's the case I'm agian the pick unless something is up with Gotdon
      I made that post after a report came out that he was off so many team boards. Coupled with the fact that we have publicly said hes still on our board.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Nobody is stupid enough to pick Mixon in the first. Nobody.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

I'm really starting to favor Adams.
          Former LSU safety Jamal Adams was bothered by scouts who said he had "average" speed at the combine, so he ran better at his pro day.

This just means he won't be there, or they wont take him.
          :shrug:
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock said Friday that some NFL teams have removed Washington WR John Ross from their Draft boards due to health concerns.

Ross has a pair of torn ACLs and a surgically-repaired shoulder in his past. To be fair, those issues didn't prevent him from breaking the NFL Combine's 40-yard dash record in March with 4.22s showing. Though some teams will look elsewhere, Mayock still believes Ross remains a first-round option. "I love that he could step in Day 1 and help a team as both a return guy and as a receiver," Mayock added. "He puts the ball in the end zone; I'm a huge fan of John Ross."

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
              I'm really starting to favor Adams.
              Former LSU safety Jamal Adams was bothered by scouts who said he had "average" speed at the combine, so he ran better at his pro day.

This just means he won't be there, or they wont take him.
              :shrug:
              He'll be there for us if the QBs go early. #crossedfingers

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Reubin Foster in the 2nd anyone? He's probably an upgrade even off the 'roids.

2017 NFL Draft: Reuben Foster may ‘slide down boards’ after flagged drug test
                A diluted drug test continues recent alarming off-field concerns for talented Alabama prospects

by Rob Rang The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com 1h ago • 1 min read

It appears that getting kicked out of the 2017 NFL Scouting Combine was just the beginning of the problems in Indianapolis for Alabama star linebacker Reuben Foster.

Foster's stock is in flux just a week before the 2017 NFL Draft with the news Thursday that a drug test he took at the combine came back as diluted, which teams traditionally have taken as a positive.

A high-ranking league source confirmed to NFLDraftScout.com the NFL.com report that Foster's test was red-flagged. Further, it was suggested that the projected first-round pick and reigning Butkus Award winner would "slide down boards" as a result.

It is hard to imagine that the athletic and hard-hitting Foster would slip out of the first round entirely in a year lacking true three-down linebackers. However, he is facing serious questions after measuring smaller than expected at 6-foot and 229 pounds and recently undergoing surgery to repair his rotator cuff, on top of being unceremoniously sent home early from the combine after an altercation with a medical official.

Perhaps most concerning to scouts is that unlike some linebackers, Foster's game is built around his physicality. Quite frankly, he would not be as highly regarded were he to lose some of the explosiveness that he demonstrated as a linebacker and special teams demon, a trait in question with the surgically repaired shoulder.

It is important to note that Foster did not fail any drug tests while at Alabama. However, NFL sources had previously indicated to NFLDraftScout.com that his off-field behavior was a concern, specifically citing his involvement in the "party" scene.

Unfortunately, Thursday's news only further enflamed these concerns.

Meanwhile fellow linebackers Haason Reddick (Temple), Jarrad Davis (Florida), Zach Cunningham (Vanderbilt) and Tyus Bowser (Houston) have generated plenty of positive buzz with recent workouts.

Thursday's news continues an alarming trend of Alabama stars generating negative news. Fellow projected early-round picks Jonathan Allen (medical), Cam Robinson (arrest prior to the season) and Tim Williams (arrest prior to the season) are among the Crimson Tide players facing plenty of scrutiny off the field.

Foster is currently projected to land as early as ninth overall to the Cincinnati Bengals and as late as 17th overall to the Washington Redskins in CBSSports.com's collection of mock drafts.
                Last edited by Formula 21; 04-21-2017, 04:40 PM.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                  Reubin Foster in the 2nd anyone? He's probably an upgrade even off the 'roids.
                  I doubt he drops to second. Late 1st maybe. Not surprised about Ross dropping. Have heard rumblings of fast but fragile.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Foster is really small for his position. Might be another Verrett type player, small, physical and injured.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                      Foster is really small for his position. Might be another Verrett type player, small, physical and injured.
                      Showing up to the combine hurt, getting into an argument with medical staff and being asked to leave the combine and managing to fail a drug test while there didn't help his stock. Kid already had flags. 1st round talent but joins Mixon in being kicked off "My" board

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Foster has actually held up pretty well over his college career. I dont think hes missed a game since he became a starter. And played through injuries. I love how he plays the game. I think the issue most teams have with him are his interviews and lack of actual football IQ when it comes to the X's and O's. And the fear is that he wont be able to handle complex playbooks in the pros. Hes always been a pure athleticism type player. And plays with a really high level of instinct. You'd like to be able to be coachable at the next level.

But my God not many in this draft have better tape than this guy. Hes a machine. And i think hes getting a really bad rap. His combine incident was considered minor. Its very possible that he was also simply trying to increase his weight before the draft by drinking a ton of fluids. I dont really consider the diluted test thing as a sure fire cover up for drug use. I just dont.

I think he has some red flags i just wonder if hes getting really unfairly forced down the draft for selfish reasons by team staffs. I think teams want him and will throw him under the bus to force him down. There simply is no denying his film.

I think he also would make a nice coverage LB. I think he could play inside in a 34 but id probably use him on the weakside on early downs and maybe put him on a TE in passing downs. I think he could be a chess piece type guy as well. Running with TEs and RBs.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

I believe he was # 2 on the ESPN top 150 when he came out of HS, so he definitely has natural talent.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X