• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
    Just over 48 hours to draft time and we know of 1 player in the #7 cluster who has visited. Most visits have concluded and players going home or to draft now. There should be 3 or more from that cluster reported by now. They get 30 private visits and over half are used to meet guys who are late picks or UDFA types. We have, since TT's been on board brought the top guy in. We have also brought in they guys we traded up for like Teo and Attachou. Seeing Lamp and Bolles tells me they are doing diligence for trade either down or back into 1st.
    Im not reading in to anything.

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Bolts took Bosa out to dinner. How is that not interested? My "I agree" comment was more about who they are interested in. Not who they meet with. Im pretty sure they have to announce private visits. They only get so many allotted by the league.
      Bosa did say that he thought Bolts were just doing diligence and he hadn't considered that they would pick him since he thought he was a better fit for 4-3 team. I think most of us were mildly surprised when he was the pick, even though he'd been brought in for a visit

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Im not reading in to anything.
        The only thing I'm really reading into is that the press has let us down a bit. I'm sure we have met one or 2 of the guys we are going to pick, because history shows we do. We just don't know who has been in other than a few late 1st early 2nd rounders and UDFA's. In past years the press was on it and we knew by now. Shouldn't need to scour the internet. I'm sure the Chargers didn't sneak these guys in to the building!

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Bosa did say that he thought Bolts were just doing diligence and he hadn't considered that they would pick him since he thought he was a better fit for 4-3 team. I think most of us were mildly surprised when he was the pick, even though he'd been brought in for a visit
          Exactly. We may have visits...dinners or whatever. But the staff is quiet on who they like. Thats all im saying. I dont even follow the visits. I dont try and predict the pick based on that sort of intel.

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Exactly. We may have visits...dinners or whatever. But the staff is quiet on who they like. Thats all im saying. I dont even follow the visits. I dont try and predict the pick based on that sort of intel.
            Oh, I do. Mainly because TT always brings in the #1 and has brought in the trade targets. I may not know the pick but at least I know the cluster. This year we are guessing on cluster, educated obviously, but guessing. Right now the only players I can say with certainty the Bolts like are Lamp and Mahomes. They are the double dippers and have set foot in fortress

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Report: Gareon Conley accused of sexual assault in Cleveland
              Posted by Mike Florio on April 25, 2017, 1:41 PM EDT
              Getty Images

The unnamed player facing an accusation of sexual assault in Cleveland has been named. According to TMZ, the first-round prospect is Ohio State cornerback Gareon Conley.

Conley strongly denies the accusations.

Per TMZ, a police report explains that a 23-year-old woman said Conley raped her in the bathroom of a suite at the Westin Hotel in Cleveland. The police report reportedly explains that the alleged victim claims she met Conley in an elevator, and that he asked her to have a “foursome.” The alleged victim claims she declined to participate but agreed to watch as others had group sex.

In the initial report regarding the incident, which didn’t name Conley, lawyer Kevin Spellacy called the accusation “ludicrous and ridiculous,” and argued that “this young lady is an opportunist and it’s actually despicable.”

According to TMZ, two of Conley’s friends told police nothing happened between him and the woman.

Conley supposedly is willing to be interviewed after the draft. If, however, he’s not cleared by police before the draft, his stock could plummet. At least one team that was considering taking Conley in the first round has told PFT that, if this cloud remains as of Thursday night, the team won’t be able to select him.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Oh, I do. Mainly because TT always brings in the #1 and has brought in the trade targets. I may not know the pick but at least I know the cluster. This year we are guessing on cluster, educated obviously, but guessing. Right now the only players I can say with certainty the Bolts like are Lamp and Mahomes. They are the double dippers and have set foot in fortress
                How are you with stocks?

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

How are you with stocks?
                  Very good this year, but so should everyone else.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Very good this year, but so should everyone else.
                    Still waiting for a couple regs to be overturned regarding refineries. But emerging markets have been good to me. Tech under Obama.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Dow up another 233 today. Just about anyone can make good money with an index fund these days. Emerging markets and small caps have made me some money this year for sure

Comment

• RobH
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Tokyo, Japan
                        • University English Lecturer
                        • Send PM

Still waiting for a couple regs to be overturned regarding refineries. But emerging markets have been good to me. Tech under Obama.
                        I wonder how much interest there would be in an investors' area for this forum. We've got a lot of smart people who might like to share their thoughts.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Dow up another 233 today. Just about anyone can make good money with an index fund these days. Emerging markets and small caps have made me some money this year for sure
                          Yeah ive been raking in the monthly dividends with an EM fund for a while now. And a nice little growth off my cost basis of just under $12. Im into another specialty refinery that tanked after they removed the dividend completely. Bought it ahead of the election thinking if Trump won he would fix the regulations on renewable identification numbers. I think it was Icahn that said these regs are really hurting our economy. I bought it thinking he may end up being Trumps guy.

Comment

Working...
                          X