• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargerkdb
    Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
    • Send PM

Keenan Allen was a steal in 3rd because of injury history.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Nine games in two years is less than I expect from a third round pick.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        Nine games in two years is less than I expect from a third round pick.
        Keenan fell big time because of the knee. When he is on the field he is a top 10 WR. He needs to be on the field though. It's not like he's out of shape, he has just been unlucky.
        Teo and Fluker on the other hand were never as good healthy as their draft slot indicated. Fluker was a need pick. I have no idea what they were thinking with Teo

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

He can be Superman but if he can't play due to injury half the time what good does he do holding a roster spot?
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            He can be Superman but if he can't play due to injury half the time what good does he do holding a roster spot?
            I agree he needs to be out there. As I said in a previous thread, if he misses time again this year we need to move on. I can't knock the head office for drafting him in 3rd though. He was value there.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

The Ringer's latest Mock: https://theringer.com/nfl-mock-draft...n-debf9d62a79f

Has the Bolts getting Solomon Thomas from Stanford. Had Hooker going 2, and Adams 6. Watson the only QB taken ahead at 4 to the Jaguars.

I don't think this is a very likely scenario.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                The Ringer's latest Mock: https://theringer.com/nfl-mock-draft...n-debf9d62a79f

Has the Bolts getting Solomon Thomas from Stanford. Had Hooker going 2, and Adams 6. Watson the only QB taken ahead at 4 to the Jaguars.

I don't think this is a very likely scenario.
                Fournette to 17?

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                  Fournette to 17?
                  Skins fans would be going crazy.....it looks like McCaffrey to Carolina is a lock in most mocks I've seen, unless the Bolts take him. :hello:
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                    Actually, no. Well maybe. There should be 3-4 more from that cluster but no press worth a shit has been snooping around the fortress to see who's come in. The Chargers aren't broadcasting it. This is first year we haven't had a good list of visits this close to draft.

Walter Football will put a visit up if its double sourced. Allen only name out now. So following TT's pattern he is only one I'm 99% sure is definitely "in" the cluster.
                    Add one to the list. So it's either Allen or Williams?

@ProFootballTalk: Mike Williams worked out for Chargers, Titans http://bit.ly/2oJFKTB

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Yep just saw on another site. Private workout with Williams on Thursday. We also met with him at combine. Guess we can add to tires kicked twice list. Maybe due diligence based on Keenan still being the proverbial "85% healthy" again.

Unless I see more visits trickling out I'm starting to get the feeling we are NOT picking at #7. Need to see at least 2-3 of #7 cluster.

Comment

• X-man
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

With what is a pretty strong defensive player draft...I hope the Chargers capitalize on acquiring some more young defensive studs. I get the love for guys like Mccaffery, Mike Williams, etc...but Rivers has shown he can work with whatever offensive talent hes got and it's not like it's barren of talent for skilled positions. I can understand if the chargers want to add some offensive line depth later in draft...but something I think rivers has always lacked vs his draft classmates of Eli and Big Ben (and even Brady) is a top notch defense. Couple him with that and a sound running game and his last few years of playing could still be very fruitful.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                          Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by X-man View Post
                          With what is a pretty strong defensive player draft...I hope the Chargers capitalize on acquiring some more young defensive studs. I get the love for guys like Mccaffery, Mike Williams, etc...but Rivers has shown he can work with whatever offensive talent hes got and it's not like it's barren of talent for skilled positions. I can understand if the chargers want to add some offensive line depth later in draft...but something I think rivers has always lacked vs his draft classmates of Eli and Big Ben (and even Brady) is a top notch defense. Couple him with that and a sound running game and his last few years of playing could still be very fruitful.
                          I honestly think the offense is patchwork right now. The oline needs significant improvement to be mediocre. Our WR's are ok to avg especially if Keenan goes down. We don't have a woody replacement on the roster either. Being a strong/deep defensive draft may be more incentive to take best Offensive prospects early and get defense later since there's depth.

Comment

Working...
                          X