• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

I think he will get more than Bruce Irvin got. 4 years 42 million or so. 20 million guaranteed.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
      Fixed.
      Speaking of Attouchu, I didn't notice it on the broadcast, but evidently they carted him off with an ankle injury.

Comment

• CTrout
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Speaking of Attouchu, I didn't notice it on the broadcast, but evidently they carted him off with an ankle injury.
        Not sure how that happened...I only seen him out there for 1 play.

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
          It's probably in Ingram's best interest to try to stay here and play alongside Bosa.
          Two edge sword here-
          Bosa make Liguet looks decent with his presence what did the pre-Liguet look like before Bosa.
          Bosa makes Ingram more effective, I still see some of the same old Ingram he is like a step to late at times

Summing it up I think Ingram has to be retain, he is our best past rusher statistically this year, and before Bosa he was our best pass rusher. Long as Ingram doesn't ask for some crazy $$$$ we should sign him.

Interesting question can Jatavius Brown play OLB, Toomer has shown to be a good pickup at ILB, and then you have Perryman the other ILB, just a thought in case Ingram thinks he should get Von Miller type of $$$$.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Guys i like if we are drafting 10-15

Jamal Adams S
            Mike Williams WR
            Tim Williams Edge
            Marlon Humphrey CB
            Ryan Ramczyk OT would be a good fit in our system

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Guys i like if we are drafting 10-15

Jamal Adams S
              Mike Williams WR
              Tim Williams Edge
              Marlon Humphrey CB
              Ryan Ramczyk OT would be a good fit in our system
              I think we will end up somewhere between 16-19 picking missing out on these players
              Week 12 is almost at its end. This means we're another week closer to the 2016 NFL postseason and, of course, another week closer to knowing the selection order of next year's draft...

Ryan Ramczyk OT would be a good fit in our system, his stock could go up by time the draft comes

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Initial draft position is now #14

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Wont happen but i have to admit a double dip at Safety in this draft would not piss me off if we went Jamal Adams SS in the 1st and then took Budda Baker FS in the 2nd. Would be set for a long time. lol

Perryman, Jatavis, Adams, Baker in the middle of the field is a tough group.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    I can see us finishing with a better record than Tampa Bay, Buffalo, and Minnesota knocking us down to 17th.

I also can see Green Bay doing a late run and finish with a better record than us lot of football left.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      Wont happen but i have to admit a double dip at Safety in this draft would not piss me off if we went Jamal Adams SS in the 1st and then took Budda Baker FS in the 2nd. Would be set for a long time. lol

Perryman, Jatavis, Adams, Baker in the middle of the field is a tough group.
                      I'd be upset if we didn't get a lineman in either the first or second. Otherwise, I'm on board for either one of those guys.

Win the lineplay, win the game.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

Ingram got over 10 sacks last year. He is an effective edge rusher who can be used inside. I think he gets a pretty good paycheck.

I can see him getting made the 3rd highest paid OLB, but that is mostly because of how OLB get paid and because he is an pass rusher. He is definitely not the 3rd best OLB, but that is not the same thing as being the 3rd highest paid OLB. He is getting paid for his future production, and right now that looks like a 10 sack per year kinda guy who has finally figure out how to play the run. He is still getting better week after week, and is a good player who does the most cherished of defensive skills, rushing the QB.

Liuget is the guy who may be out of luck. He signed an extension, but if we designate him as a June 1st cut, there is not an unmanageable amount of dead money on the deal. He has a ton of ability, but is just not that productive. We need someone on the DL who can push the inside pocket, and Liuget has never stepped up to be that guy. He has no excuse now that Bosa, and Ingram are causing O to try and give help to the outside, especially when they double Bosa.

Attaochu is the guy running out of time. He looked like he was on the verge of being a top speed rusher when he had 2 double sack games early last year. He finished strong. He just can't seem to step up and develop into that guy. A speed rusher like Attaochu would make an awesome compliment to putting Ingram and Bosa on the same side. Both Bosa and Ingram have the speed to rush inside or outside, and they are the two best stunting DL (Ingram is a DE no matter what the program calls him) we have had in the last decade or so. But Attaochu is running out of time. I would bring him back next season to fight for a roster spot, but that is just because he is still on his rookie deal and cheap for an edge rusher. I think finding a fairly early pick as an edge rusher is a fairly high priority. Not as much as an inside pass rusher, but still.

Comment

• vinabolt
                          Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                          • Feb 2015
                          • Send PM

I agree that we will favored Ingram and valued him more than Liuget and most other non pass-rush defenders, especially if we continue to run the same defense. We basically run the Wade Phillip defense with the "aggressively attacking the QB" philosophy.
                          Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

Working...
                          X