• Show
Clear All
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

7. Los Angeles Chargers

Kiper: Jamal Adams, S, LSU | Watch highlights
    Adams is a steal if he falls in this range, like Todd says, and the Chargers could use him in a variety of roles -- playing in the box, covering tight ends and slot receivers, and disguising him on blitzes. New defensive coordinator Gus Bradley can get creative in finding ways to play Adams and Jahleel Addae on all three downs.

McShay: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson | Watch highlights
    Do the Chargers have bigger needs? Yes. But this move would be about giving coach Anthony Lynn a clear succession plan at quarterback for Philip Rivers. Watson has the kind of makeup to overcome his weaknesses, particularly if he lands with a team determined to keep him on the sideline early in his career (like the Chargers).

Comment

• Rugger05
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Round 2

33. Cleveland Browns

Kiper: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma | Watch highlights
      The Browns still have several needs. They could keep an eye on the pass-rushers and cornerbacks here, in particular, but I'm going with the dynamic Mixon, who could sneak into the first round. He has off-field issues and won't be on the draft boards for every team, but he's a tremendous talent. He had 65 catches and nine receiving touchdowns the past two seasons.

McShay: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame | Watch highlights
      Kizer is not a finished product, but this would be a long-term play for the Browns and coach Hue Jackson. Kizer has an enticing physical skill set, including elite arm strength; his mechanics still need some work, though.

34. San Francisco 49ers

Kiper: Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut | Watch highlights
      Melifonwu might have been the biggest athletic freak at the combine, running a 4.40 40 and posting a ridiculous 44-inch vertical and 11-foot-9 broad jump. Both leaps ranked as the best of any prospect at the combine. Melifonwu has moved all the way up from the fourth-round grade I gave him during the season. He's a potential Day 1 pick now.

McShay: Obi Melifonwu, DB, Connecticut | Watch highlights
      You took the words (and the pick) right out of my mouth, Kiper. I have Melifonwu as my No. 33 overall player, but he could go higher if a team falls in love with his athleticism.

35. Jacksonville Jaguars

Kiper: Evan Engram, TE, Mississippi | Watch highlights
      The 6-3, 234-pound Engram was the fastest tight end at the combine (4.42 40). With Julius Thomas now in Miami, Engram fills a void in the Jags' offense. Engram had had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

McShay: Evan Engram, TE, Mississippi | Watch highlights
      What I mentioned with the Jaguars' No. 4 overall pick holds true here, too: Finding more playmakers on offense has to be a priority in Jacksonville. Engram is a polished route runner who has the speed and quickness to be a matchup problem in the NFL.

36. Chicago Bears

Kiper: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado | Watch highlights
      Chicago brought in Prince Amukamara and Marcus Cooper in free agency, and I had it taking a safety in Round 1, but the Bears' secondary could still use a boost. Awuzie, my No. 5 corner, is another big defender (6-0, 202) with dynamite athleticism (4.43 40, 11-foot broad jump at the combine).

McShay: Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida | Watch highlights
      Awuzie is one of my favorite under-the-radar players in this draft, but I like Wilson better for the Bears. Chicago had just eight INTs all last season (tied for 29th overall); Wilson has some of the best ball skills in this CB class.

37. Los Angeles Rams

Kiper: Garett Bolles, OT, Utah | Watch highlights
      Bolles (6-5, 297) is a mauler who is probably better on the right side. He started only one season for the Utes after coming over from a junior college, and his 4.95 40 at the combine was second among offensive linemen. Los Angeles brought in Andrew Whitworth to play left tackle, and former second-round pick Robert Havenstein is holding down the right side. Bolles could move inside.

McShay: Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama | Watch highlights
      Because of his size (6-foot, 197) and fluidity in coverage, Humphrey has one of the highest ceilings of any cornerback in this year's class, but he needs to improve his ball skills. He fits best in a press-heavy scheme.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I'd be more than fine with Adams and Jones, just don't think Jones ends up a Charger. Guessing Lynn/TT goes beef in the 2nd.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          7. Los Angeles Chargers

McShay: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson | Watch highlights
          Do the Chargers have bigger needs? Yes. But this move would be about giving coach Anthony Lynn a clear succession plan at quarterback for Philip Rivers. Watson has the kind of makeup to overcome his weaknesses, particularly if he lands with a team determined to keep him on the sideline early in his career (like the Chargers).
          McShay on 4/12 talking about the Browns pick at #12:

Why no quarterback at No. 12, you ask? I can't justify it based on value. My two highest-ranked QBs, Clemson's Deshaun Watson and Trubisky, are 25th and 29th on my board, respectively. Howard, on the other hand, is my No. 8 player.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

???

How did my tag get in there lol?

Comment

Working...
            X