• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hard Charger
    Chargers fan since 1977!
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Mo Ali-Cox TE Prospect

Will the Chargers attend his pro day ya think? He has become a free agent and wants to play TE. Sounds like he has skills, stands 6'6" and is around 260 pounds.

Thoughts...

HC
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

I love how former basketball guys understand how important footwork is for every position in the NFL. I'd make sure we have a scout at the workout on April 11th.

That being said, I am not sure we have room for a developmental TE on the roster this year. Every TE has to contribute anyway, so it is a pretty unforgiving position in terms of getting the guy enough quality work.

Add in it we need to get as many reps as possible, it makes it even harder.

Still never hurts to look.

Comment

• boldarblood
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I would love to look at Jeremy Sprinkle in the draft, not sure where he would fit draft wise - 4th-6th round maybe?

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

I think Sprinkle is a guy that the draftniks think is just a guy and that NFL coaches and scouts like. HE won't go high, he is not a dynamic receiver who can split S and dictate matchups. But he is a better, more physical blocker than most TE. I think he could go at the start of day 3 (IMHO). Like I keep saying guys who can play the classic inline TE are becoming few and far between. This kid needs to refine his whole game, but he is not lost in any phase.

Too many of the other prospects are getting respect because they are potentially great receveirs, but are lost as blockers. THere have been a lot of those guys the last few years and they get everyone excited on draft day and they don't seem to last past their rookie contracts. Joe Amato, Gavin Escobar....... Guys who got people excited on draft day and have done a lot of nothing as pros.

Sprinkles is not going to be the next Gates, but he can be a 2nd TE who gets a lot of playing time right off the bat, and make a 2 TE set go. He is a poor man's starter. But he can be a Jason Witten type guy who blocks well enough to run behind, and then catch passes vs LB and some S. He'll never be dynamic enough to make the pro bowl. He is just kinda immature, so I think putting him in a situation where he is around his former teammate in Henry, might not be the worst idea.

Comment

• CTrout
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

#VCU hoopster/football player Mo Alie Cox is slated to visit the #Chiefs, #Bucs, #Jets, #Colts, #Seahawks, #Chargers.

Comment

Working...
          X