• Show
Clear All
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

I like Lamp ... it would be nice to trade down to 16-17 pick up a second rounder and still get him
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• rikardo
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
      Can't we get a decent enough Safety in the 2nd round?
      We have already done that in 2003 Kiel vs Polamalu

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post
        So Fleet (or anyone) would you rather go McCaffrey in the 1st or C. Samuel in the 2nd?

I see them having a similar skill set. McCaffrey may be a better inside runner and more polished in his route running, but that is going to be(or supposed to) be the difference between a day one pick and a day two pick at any position.
        I love Samuel as well. I think if you got Hooker in the 1st and Samuel in the 2nd you get 2 legit playmakers.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
          I would love Howard too. That would be awesome having two young studs at TE for us. Real sweet!

FLEET, reason I threw Forest Lamp's name out is because - one - Mayock absolutely loves the guy inside at Guard and - two - I heard the Good Morning Football folks (I think it was Nate Burleson) say that a scout told him that when it comes to the top o-linemen in a draft you always draft them one round earlier than you think you need to. Lamp will probably be gone within the first round. So if you like a guy you go get him...even if it seems a bit of a reach at first glance. Wouldn't a dominant Guard be a great thing for Melvin Gordon?

http://search.nfl.com/search?query=forest+lamp
          I really like Lamp. But hed also probably be the best RT on our roster. lol I understand that hes most likely an OG at the next level. But we are so bad at RT that he instantly is our best option. Hes a 4 year starter at LT. Id prefer a move back in round 1. Id say from 12 back he would still be available.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I'll be pissed if they go McCaffrey at #7. They will be paying out big bucks at the RB position with McCaffrey making more than Gordon. I just don't see any way they make that move.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Gordon plays WR and KR? Not sure I'm down with that pick, but sure don't see them as comparable players.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                I really like Lamp. But hed also probably be the best RT on our roster. lol I understand that hes most likely an OG at the next level. But we are so bad at RT that he instantly is our best option. Hes a 4 year starter at LT. Id prefer a move back in round 1. Id say from 12 back he would still be available.
                Yep, we would put Lamp interior and draft Zack Banner for future RT later. He may not be a top prospect but he is a lot of mass to get around....haha

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Comment

• chargerkdb
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                    • Send PM

I'm fairly certain players fly down or even come off boards this late but I really don't think anyone flys up the boards. I think it's more just finding out that teams have a guy valued higher than the media has been projecting them. If any head office is just now noticing McAffrey and Reddicks draft value I'd be shocked.

Comment

• Big Dog
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

So several mocks now have McCaffery going to Carolina at #8 he is officially no longer a reach ...

Hooker is a 1 year wonder, with injury issues ... not sure TT goes with him even if he is there ... same injury thing with Allen but if Adams is there then TT might take him, special player with insane intangibles, a hammer guy and with good proven multi-year production ...

WR/KR McCaffery at #7
                      OG Dan Freeney at #38
                      S Budda Baker or other Safety at #71

Sounds awfully good about now ...

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

He sort of covers a lot of bases. Im still not sure how to feel about it because im such a defensive guy. But i dont think its a reach at #7 if you use him in all these areas. 1 man does all this.

1. Insane slot WR who can line up out wide.

2. 3rd down RB.

3. Can take over at RB if Gordon goes down again. Gordon isnt even healthy right now.

4. Allen goes down you dont panic so much with McCaffrey and Williams.

5. PR and KR are instantly awesome.

6. Starting WR that plays at RB and covers 2 bases depth wise. At critical positions. Plays all 3 downs.

7. Crazy high leadership skills with a major impact on the fanbase most likely. Everyone loves kids like him. You can probably get a lot of Norcal fans to root for the Bolts with him on the team. He could easily be the face of a franchise.

Hes like 4 players in 1. Its like drafting Devonta Freeman as a starting RB. Danny Woodhead on 3rd downs and instantly runs a lot of the plays already in place from Woody. Julian Edelman at WR. Tyreek Hill on Punt Returns(Production)

Whatever one of these guys you need on a given play he can play that role. Theoretically at least.

Shit the more i think about it the more i think hes a perfect fit for the niners. He would be perfect for what Shanahan likes to do.

Comment

• bonehead
                          Undrafted
                          • Jul 2013
                          • TBD
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Crazy leadership? Like bailing on your teams Bowl Game? I just don't see it.

This is a case of ODPDS= Obsessive Draft Prospect Derangement Syndrome

There are 35 other players I would rather have at 7 than this guy

By the way a guy who stands to make as much if not more money than McCaffrey played his final game and went off leading his team to victory and he still went to the combine and will actually be in Philly for the Draft...Solomon Thomas , give me that guy
                          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                          X