• Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
    Not me. I have rb and te as my next two players.
    What's wrong with Gordon? And TE really? We can't even get Henry on the field enough.

If we go offense, it should be more O line (if the value is there of course). We can still potentially upgrade both OT positions. Aside from WR depth which was addressed, all they need to be concerned with it keeping rivers on his feet and with a clean pocket.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
      What's wrong with Gordon? And TE really? We can't even get Henry on the field enough.

If we go offense, it should be more O line (if the value is there of course). We can still potentially upgrade both OT positions. Aside from WR depth which was addressed, all they need to be concerned with it keeping rivers on his feet and with a clean pocket.
      I was thinking the same thing. I would go with this guy if we are looking for an RT...http://insider.espn.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/51703

What He Brings
      Eluemunor is a massive and naturally powerful individual who plays with quality balance. Has experience lining up at right tackle and guard, where he will likely end up finding a home in the NFL. He only started playing football as a junior in high school and his best football appears to be ahead of him. -- Kevin Weidl

The best is ahead for Jermaine Eluemunor Texas A&M offensive lineman Jermaine Eluemunor has the versatility to play either guard or tackle, and as he gains more experience Mel Kiper Jr believes he will have a bright future in the NFL
      Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 04-28-2017, 09:38 PM.
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Hopefully, Eluemunor can still overcome the Mel Kiper seal of approval. Kiper's such a idiot.

I do like Eluemunor. He is not a great prospect. He needs to work on playing with leverage, and his hand punch needs a lot of work. He is not nearly as good staying on his feet and redirecting edge rushers as some out there, but he has heavy hands and if his footwork catches up with his ability to finish, he could be a nice OG/OT of the future.

It's going to be hard to upgrade both OT spots in this draft, even if you consider Lamp a potential starter, which I do. Any given year, there are only a few rookie OT starters in the league, and most are drafted fairly high. It's not that it is impossible, it seems like every year or two there is a guy who comes out of nowhere, is a solid starter for 16 games, who started as a middle round pick. It does happen. But there are an awful lot of middle round OT taken, so the percentage is pretty small. When you consider that most of the top OT were not considered decent prospects because they lack solid fundamentals, it makes it that much harder.

The other thing to remember is that we have 2 OT we can't get rid of yet. Okung is would cost $5.5 mill post June 1st, and Barksdale would cost $4 mill. That is most of our remaining salary cap space, and we would have to free up some to be ready for rookies as well as injury signings. At this point, I don't see any reason to cut anyone else. THere are no FA out there who would represent massive improvments. I would rather see us bring them (and Franklin) to camp, and lose a heads up battle against another player. Let everyone know we are serious about TC battles.

All that being said, I don't see any way Okung isn't starting. He is not a horrible OT. He is actually a pretty good run blocking LT. He also doesn't give up many sacks on the QB. He does allow a lot pressure, which is still a problem, but some people keep making him out like he is terrible, which isn't quite the case.
        Last edited by Steve; 04-28-2017, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Hes a former Rugby player. Whats not to like. lol

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

From CBS.

Winners
            Philip Rivers
            The aging Chargers quarterback, headed to Los Angeles and still looking for his first Super Bowl title, got handed a very nice present from general manager Tom Telesco on the second day of the draft. Rivers found himself frequently pressured during the 2016 season, getting sacked 36 times (tied for ninth in the league) and ranking fifth in Pro Football Focus' Pressure Percentage metric among all quarterbacks. The Chargers stole Russell Okung in free agency but certainly weren't done, grabbing a pair of linemen in the second round Friday. Forrest Lamp might have been the best offensive lineman in the draft and the Chargers got him at 38th overall. He can play all over the line and should improve the Bolts' pass protection and rushing attack. At 71st overall, Dan Feeney out of Indiana could make an impact right away, considering how badly the Chargers needed upgrades at guard. We're not factoring it here, but don't sleep on the Chargers adding Mike Williams on Thursday either. Even if you don't love that particular pick, it's clear the Chargers are pushing to help Rivers.

LOSERS
            Eli Manning
            The Giants did Eli Manning a favor on the first night by grabbing him another weapon, but they didn't really help him out on Day 2. Instead of dipping into a deep offensive line pool, New York drafted Dalvin Tomlinson, an Alabama defensive tackle, with the 55th pick and Davis Webb, the California quarterback, with the 87th pick. Tomlinson is a very nice add at that spot and the pick earned an A from Pete Prisco. But offensive linemen like Dion Dawkins and Taylor Moton were still on the board. Manning needs some help in protection and the Giants haven't gotten it for him this offseason, much less in this draft. Webb earned a B from Prisco and, again, isn't helping Eli Manning, who has never missed a game since he took over as the starter midway through his rookie season. The Giants owe it to the franchise to start planning for life after Manning (he's 36 years old) but adding a backup quarterback doesn't protect Manning or do anything to help him win now.
            Last edited by Formula 21; 04-28-2017, 11:28 PM.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Asela
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2014
              • Send PM

2017 Official Draft Thread - Rounds 2 and 3

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
              A lot of picks to go but if Melifonwu falls to us in the 3rd I'm calling the whole draft a win.

That would've been awesome, but the OL needed the most help on the team. TT has tried to bolster the unit, he's just made bad picks and FA missteps.

If Tuerk was ready to go, I was a bit surprised defense wasn't the direction. Does Freeney speak more about Tuerk's health??

The best thing for the whole team going forward is having a monster OL. Dallas went from a shitty team to a serious playoff threat by virtue of the OL that covered their deficiencies on Defense and gave them lots of scoring both running/passing. ATL hid their defensive flaws with their TOP, scoring and running game as well

Hopefully the team hit home runs with Lamp, Freeney and Tuerk! And a new training/health conditioning improvements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Asela
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2014
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TTThunder View Post
                I think this was pushed by our HC...
                That makes a lot of sense and maybe what he pushed for during his interview.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

I get the impression from a few comments TT made that the team really didn't think Feeney would be available when we picked and we followed the BPA theory there.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                    • Send PM

It had to be apparent even to Telesco that the oline was a mess and we needed a WR that wasn't a UDFA or CFL guy. He has been trying to fix OL without expending high picks and it was just not working and eating up cap on FA. We probably will need to burn a 1-2 on a Tackle when Okung nears end of contract or sooner if he isn't panning out.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Asela View Post
                      That would've been awesome, but the OL needed the most help on the team. TT has tried to bolster the unit, he's just made bad picks and FA missteps.

If Tuerk was ready to go, I was a bit surprised defense wasn't the direction. Does Freeney speak more about Tuerk's health??

The best thing for the whole team going forward is having a monster OL. Dallas went from a shitty team to a serious playoff threat by virtue of the OL that covered their deficiencies on Defense and gave them lots of scoring both running/passing. ATL hid their defensive flaws with their TOP, scoring and running game as well

Hopefully the team hit home runs with Lamp, Freeney and Tuerk! And a new training/health conditioning improvements.

concur about Tuerk.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Now I'm concerned that Tuerk is a bust?

Comment

• chargerkdb
                          Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                          • Send PM

Tuerk is in the mix to compete. We have as much invested in him as Feeney. Let's get further than walk thru in shorts before we write anyone off. We actually have bodies for legitimate competition in interior. Maybe he bust I'm not ready to write off just yet

Comment

Working...
                          X