• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    I think the D is much more complete than the O, dispite the fact that it is really just the OL that needs work on O. When one position group is that weak, it really, really holds the rest back.
    I feel like Dielman and Goff are back on the team and in their prime. These 2 OGs should really stop the bleeding inside for years to come. This draft to me screamed excitement. Put up against a very bland Rams offense in LA i would imagine potential new fans will take notice of how fun our team will to watch offensively. I think we can be an Atlanta type offense with an up and coming young D like they have. A couple more pieces on D and we are set. The draft is so deep defensively we should still be able to get some decent depth. DB is sort of weak at this point but someone like Kazee or King would be a nice little slot or FS's potentially. There is some decent DL prospects left as well. I just dont think we need to be forcing picks for need. Just let the board do the talking and continue to go BPA. Wether thats offense or defense. But at this point i feel like we are right their offensively. Top 10 in points scored last year with way less. We should have a at the very least some high point totals and that will be fun to watch.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      It's getting to the point where I am thinking about not reading anything these butt-hurt clowns write or listening to local sports talk radio. They are all a bunch of petulant, petty little people who act like they are owed something. Nobody is happy the team moved - we all get that. But the vitriol being spewed gets old.
      I stopped a while ago. That on top of all the political media bias BS just got to me. Im tired of hearing about it. lol

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Actually I think the Krasovic column is not a hit piece. Drafts are educated guesses and opinions of negatives are informative. Other than his cute acronym nothing wrong with it.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Sounds like Chargers strength Coach needs to put sand in Feeney's pants. :sigh:
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Some of this is coming from the scouts too. They are having a hard time because in their experience, 2nd/3rd round OL need to be further along. THe scout prefers this to that. In Feeney case, he is a much better zone than power guy. Those things are true, but also irrelvant. This is the world we live in today. OL are not as far along as they used to be. Put on your big boy pants and suck it up.

Feeney and Lamp are works in progress. I get that. But that is them reaching their full potential. If they fix one or two things (staying low and hand placement), I don't think there is any reason they can't start and be better than the players who they are replaceing. Teams have always had to battle potential vs production. Guys like Hassan Reddick went very high, but if you grade him exclusively as a DE and how he plays like a DE, he in no way deserved to go where he did. But he was a good pick because he has the tools and showed enough as a pursuit player. Sure, it's risk, but if you watch a guy and see him do things on film well, I don' think it is unreasonable to think they can do it if you expand that role.

The big thing with Feeney and Lamp is both have really good balance and footwork. They aren't amazing athletes, but footwork and balance are stuff that every NFL OL has to constantly work at, so I think these guys have a chance to be pretty good.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
              Sounds like Chargers strength Coach needs to put sand in Feeney's pants. :sigh:
              There are a lot of times Feeney just makes contact and doesn't drive his man off the line. I think he needs to focus a lot of just playing with better leverage. So many times, it is more about leverage than it is about physical strength.

Just about every player from college needs to work harder in the weight room. Even upper body strength comes from pushing off the ground. That is why core and lower body pathways are so important. If you can't push off the ground, then you just push yourself around.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                I dont think we need to post former charger reporter haters articles here. Its all the same hate propaganda. It dosnt matter who the picks are they are all just gonna shit on them. Toregerson. Heilbrun. All of them. Just post these stupid articles on the hate forum. Im tired of reading them.
                I don't think he was posting a hate article. I think he was having some fun with reaching for anything he could find negative to say so that the people that hate the Chargers for leaving would have something to grasp onto. But all in fun.

Kras also predicted all 3 picks long before they were on the clock. He has to have some solid inside info
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Every player has positives and negatives. It's mean to just focus on the negatives if you are a reporter.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

I'm sure the Chargers will make sure Feeney works on strengthening his lower half. I feel good about him.
                    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Most college players need to do that. So many college kids focus on the upper body strength, mostly because it is easier. This comment applies to so many players, and not just the ones playing the lines.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                        Every player has positives and negatives. It's mean to just focus on the negatives if you are a reporter.
                        He isn't just focusing on the negatives. Only for that single article which he states is a glass half empty article to reach for anything not positive to say
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                          He isn't just focusing on the negatives. Only for that single article which he states is a glass half empty article to reach for anything not positive to say
                          I didnt even read it. I just assumed by Bolt-o's description that it was a hit piece. Im pretty sure Kraz is in the "I wont post anything positive camp because i hate the team" camp isnt he? Maybe im wrong.

Comment

Working...
                          X