• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    I honestly dont understand why if Lamp cant beat out Schofield he doesn't just play RT. The guy was a stud LT in college. I get that he has short arms but at RT i think he would be pretty solid. And if he is struggling to grasp the move to OG maybe it makes sense to play him at OT.

We have a lot of money tied up in Okung. So we have to get it right in the draft. And so far im not overly impressed with Telesco when it comes to drafting OL. He needs to get these picks right on the OL.

Colts dominated the trenches today. We need to focus on the lines. Both sides. MLB is imperative as well. That draft the Colts had this year with Braden Smith, Quenton Nelson, Darius Leonard, Kemoko Turay and Ty Lewis has completely turned that team around. Luck has Mack and Hilton as weapons. Not exactly Keenan, Melvin, Mike Williams, Tyrell etc. We are loaded wit weapons and struggle to get them going because our OL is starting to get punished.

You can have all the skill players in the world if you dont control the lines its really hard to win games. And we are winning games with mediocre trenches. That should tell us just how close we are.

OL, DT, MLB most likely my top 3 picks at this point. We need a Colts type draft.
    Im hoping to see Lamp undergo revision surgury on his ACL the day after the season ends.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

The way Addae played at MLB today makes me wonder if we have our MLB of the future of the team on the roster already in Kyzir. He can beef up to 235. Sign Phillips long term at WLB. Draft another LB but its not pressing early on in the draft.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

The way Addae played at MLB today makes me wonder if we have our MLB of the future of the team on the roster already in Kyzir. He can beef up to 235. Sign Phillips long term at WLB. Draft another LB but its not pressing early on in the draft.
        I'd say no. If he beefs up to 235 from 195 he will be one slow hombre. I don't know what they plan to do with Addae, but it shouldn't be at safety

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

Hybrid S/LB types like James, Phillips, White are our future. Grab one or two in the first 4 rounds.
          DT is a MUST. A G would be nice.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'd say no. If he beefs up to 235 from 195 he will be one slow hombre. I don't know what they plan to do with Addae, but it shouldn't be at safety
            Kyzir was like 215-220 when we drafted him.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Kyzir was playing at almost 230 this season.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Kyzir would make a sweet MLB imo. He can stay on the field and drop into coverage. Phillips the same. Gives us a chance to really fatten up the trenches.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Kyzir would make a sweet MLB imo. He can stay on the field and drop into coverage. Phillips the same. Gives us a chance to really fatten up the trenches.
                  We need a true FS as well. A dynamic playmaker in the pass game, that fills run lanes with great angles, and is a solid open field tackler.
                  Jatavis and Kyzir will form a solid ILB core if we decided to move on from Denzel. Moving on from or moving Addae to a rotational box safety - 5/10 LB will fit his skillset better.

My player projection draft is looking damn good. Have to see how the offseason plays out.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Kyzir was like 215-220 when we drafted him.
                    True but White is a 4.7 guy at 220, Addae is a 4.7 guy at 195 lol. All i know is i dont want Addae at safety any longer and would like to be faster on defense.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

True but White is a 4.7 guy at 220, Addae is a 4.7 guy at 195 lol. All i know is i dont want Addae at safety any longer.
                      I think you misread my post. I was saying if Addae can play MLB....White certainly could be groomed there. You countered with White going from 190 pounds to 230. Which made no sense. Considering he was 220 when we drafted him. I think you thought i was suggesting we keep Addae at MLB and beef him up to 230. I dont have plans for Addae in any scenario.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I think you misread my post. I was saying if Addae can play MLB....White certainly could be groomed there. You countered with White going from 190 pounds to 230. Which made no sense. Considering he was 220 when we drafted him. I think you thought i was suggesting we keep Addae at MLB and beef him up to 230. I dont have plans for Addae in any scenario.
                        Oh, yes i read it wrong.I was talking about Addae going from 195 to 235, not White. Sorry
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-06-2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Oh, yes i read it wrong.I was talking about Addae going from 195 to 235, not White. Sorry if i made it look the othe way.
                          Kyzir could play inside with Phillips at Weak. Then draft another CB/S Hybrid. A guy that play the single high and perimeter.

Comment

Working...
                          X