• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

With the emphasis on RBs catching the ball, I wonder if the 2 down thumper has become a specialty short yardage defender only. Which decreases their draft value.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      With the emphasis on RBs catching the ball, I wonder if the 2 down thumper has become a specialty short yardage defender only. Which decreases their draft value.
      As defensive philosophy adepts to the matchup game they certainly have. Back 7 on the D have to cover. Length, speed, INSTINCTS, and play making ability that is showcased on the field are factors that weigh heavy for me.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• ChargingBolts
        Superbowl?
        • Sep 2018
        • Los Angeles/Chicago
        • Send PM

I hate trading picks to move up but in this situation I would, Imagine both Bosa's on the ends and Ingram moving back to a blitzing LB ... wow! And ... just how happy would Joey and Nick be to be playing together. This is a must move in my opinion.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          I think we cut Benjamin. Scott is the slot waiting in the wings. I expect Tyrell isnt resigned. Be nice if he had a huge year and got paid by another team as it could net us a comp pick later. He might stay but i doubt it. And Mike Williams showed today hes a deep threat. His speed is underrated imo. I think Geramy Davis may be brought back.

WR could be a possibility. But mid to late rounds. I love Artavis. I think he will be a possession stud.
          I have extremely high hopes for Dylan Cantrell becoming a beast. M dub, Cantrell and Keenan (and H.H.) works just fine for me!

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

I have extremely high hopes for Dylan Cantrell becoming a beast. M dub, Cantrell and Keenan (and H.H.) works just fine for me!
            Yeah i do as well. My thoughts about him when we drafted him made me think about a Trey Burton type role for him. Like he played in Philly. A utility/joker movement TE/Slot guy who can also line up in the backfield and lead block. He is an incredible downfield blocker as well.

If you listen to Kingsbury his former coach at TT he basically says just that. Its in a blog on the Chargers page. Good insight from his coach on what he thinks the Chargers will do with him.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Put Davis, Scott, 3J and that is not a bad 6 to go into next off season with. Take a height/weight/speed prospect in the mid to late rounds to add competition. That is going to be my offseason plan as a couch GM.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Yeah i do as well. My thoughts about him when we drafted him made me think about a Trey Burton type role for him. Like he played in Philly. A utility/joker movement TE/Slot guy who can also line up in the backfield and lead block. He is an incredible downfield blocker as well.

If you listen to Kingsbury his former coach at TT he basically says just that. Its in a blog on the Chargers page. Good insight from his coach on what he thinks the Chargers will do with him.
                Yes. I posted similar thoughts on the other board after we drafted him. Getting him singled on a LB would be money anywhere on the field. Plus in the red zone against the usually smaller NB.

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Running out of shotgun in a single back set as Cantrell blocks a NB, S or LB in the box is pretty enticing too. It gives you better pass/run flexibility that the D has to account for.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Yes. I posted similar thoughts on the other board after we drafted him. Getting him singled on a LB would be money anywhere on the field. Plus in the red zone against the usually smaller NB.
                    I was hoping he would take over some of Henrys role after we lost him. Most defenses are moving towards a Money D the mojority of the time any ways so we are seeing more saftey hybrids. He would probably draw a safety type. I like him against just about anybody. He can be pressed by corners. Hybrid wont be able to stay with him. Linebacker definitely wont. He was drafted as a mismatch role imo.

Artavis to me will end up being the slot WR that Rivers really misses. And thats the Eddie Royal type player. He really helped us in the redzone.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

I am thinking it might be like 2 Mike Williams!! They are exactly the same height 6'3 and the same exact weight 220. Soft hands that catch everything. Keenan in the slot. Hunter running routes up the middle, unstoppable!
                      Last edited by ChargingBolts; 09-29-2018, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

I hate trading picks to move up but in this situation I would, Imagine both Bosa's on the ends and Ingram moving back to a blitzing LB ... wow! And ... just how happy would Joey and Nick be to be playing together. This is a must move in my opinion.
                        Last edited by 21&500; 09-29-2018, 05:14 PM.
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

I suspect Joey Bosa is a mercenary, a get the largest contract possible type of player. It wouldnt surprise me if his next contract is elsewhere as a FA.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X