• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

We have got to find mid round value. Germaine Pratt and Jahlani Tavai are hits for me, ninj. Lean. Fat cats not allowed.

Daggumit. I am just not feeling it yet on my mock yet. It's gotta get posted before the Underwear Olympics commences.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep. Dodson has the body of a linebacker and the speed of a safety. So, when we bring in our dime or penny safety package, no need to switch out Dodson here. And if the opposing team goes 22 package, he has the beef and tackling ability to bring down a big TE. I'd like to see how well Dodson does against someone like Gronk or Kelce. One thing I noticed is that Dodson makes a lot of his tackles grabbing the lower legs or feet. He's that fast that he can do that, and must have some beastly hand and arm strength to hold on and trip up these big dudes. I'm really liking this kid for us!
      Last edited by like54ninjas; 02-24-2019, 05:42 PM.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• charger1993
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Besides the ones you mentioned...

Tyrel Dodson, Germaine Pratt, Terrill Hanks, Chase Hansen, Bobby Okereke, Justin Hollins, Otaro Alaka, Cam Smith, Austin Robinson, Dakota Allen, David Long Jr., Jahlani Tavai, and Jeff Allison are all draftable 3 down LBs in this year IMV.
        Really? You think all of those llayers would be 3 down in the nfl??? Its rare for most of any draft to get a true 3 fown backer. There might be 5 in a normal draft..i mean lets look at the ones ive watched from ur list.
        Pratt- 6 ft 2 so not small but a tweener. Plays great close to the line of scrimmage but can get lost when forced into coverage. So right now hes a 2 down backer.
        Cam smith- very instinctive, very smart but not the most gifted athlete, has no problem gling down hill but side line to sideline will always be a struggle.
        Thise are the only 2 ive finiahed watching. Im still watching the others

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Really? You think all of those llayers would be 3 down in the nfl??? Its rare for most of any draft to get a true 3 fown backer. There might be 5 in a normal draft..i mean lets look at the ones ive watched from ur list.
          Pratt- 6 ft 2 so not small but a tweener. Plays great close to the line of scrimmage but can get lost when forced into coverage. So right now hes a 2 down backer.
          Cam smith- very instinctive, very smart but not the most gifted athlete, has no problem gling down hill but side line to sideline will always be a struggle.
          Dakota Allen I think may potentually go undrafted. I think he would be a good late round pick regardless if we draft a LB earlier or not. Tavai isn't a three down player. Some of those others I'm not familiar with enough. Agility drills is big for LBs so will be good to see their times. Don't need to top guy there but good quicks would be nice.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-24-2019, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• charger1993
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Dakota Allen I think may potentually go undrafted. I think he would be a good late round pick regardless if we draft a LB earlier or not. Tavai isn't a three down player. Some of those others I'm not familiar with enough. Agility drills is big for LBs so will be good to see their times. Don't need to top guy there but good quicks would be nice.
            See when i think of a 3 down line backer. I think of someone who can reliably stop the run/ fill his gap and also be able to coverage atleast average for his position. I dont view a MLB whose great at stuffing the run as a 3 down backer. If he cant cover hes no good to u in distance downs

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

See when i think of a 3 down line backer. I think of someone who can reliably stop the run/ fill his gap and also be able to coverage atleast average for his position. I dont view a MLB whose great at stuffing the run as a 3 down backer. If he cant cover hes no good to u in distance downs
              Yes I understand the concept and those are hard to find that are good at both. Some have potential to be but have to be developed. Perryman was never considered great as a pass cover guy but was good as the run and considered a hard hitting LB. We already have some good LBs, just need to stay healthy. I really like Brown and excited what Kyzir can do when healthier and gets more experience.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-24-2019, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Every LB in the draft that I have seen needs work on coverage. Some may be better than others, but pass coverage is so poorly coached at the college level, that everyone needs to improve. That is the difference between the guys like Darius Leonard and the rest of the crowd, some will pick things up quickly, and others will not.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    Every LB in the draft that I have seen needs work on coverage. Some may be better than others, but pass coverage is so poorly coached at the college level, that everyone needs to improve. That is the difference between the guys like Darius Leonard and the rest of the crowd, some will pick things up quickly, and others will not.
                    Definitely right that all prospects have flaws and the LBs this year are no exception.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

I'd be happy to get a run down Mike that can rack up tackles when he's in there. A Perryman type. In the 4th or later of course.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Consider the sources.

These are all second, even third level sources.

Broaden your search for the truth !

Everyone is familar with dominating FCS level prospects who cannot roll with the big boys on Sundays.

I am not a fanboy.
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

7. Risk vs. Reward

Colorado State's Preston Williams is the best wide receiver in the 2019 class, but chances are you probably haven't heard his name unless you live for the NFL draft. Why?

Williams is one of three players not invited to the NFL combine because of a previous arrest. The other two, Jeffery Simmons and Jaylon Fergusonarrested twiceJulio Jones. He's physically imposing, fast and plays with a toughness rarely seen at the position. His traits and production scream first-round talent. But his off-field actions will ultimately determine where he's drafted.

The risk versus reward is huge with Williams. If teams believe he's no longer the person who was twice arrested before the 2018 season, he could be a WR1 with All-Pro potential.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X