• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Thats cause the coaches get the most out of their o line. We cant say the same. The patriots did have nate solder. Shaq mason isnt a bad guard at all. Hes better than any guard currently starting on our team.
    the chargers have been hitting on defense, ill give them that. But our strength and conditioning, oline coaching is not what it needs to be. Were not the only team with that problem.
    Its just frustrating to know we got maybe 3 years with rivers. Bosa we might only have for next year, he might Not resign after the rookie hold out drama. The chargers could be facing a very small window.
    Solder played for the Giants last season.
    Feeney hasn't played well and I hope Lamp wins the RG job from Schofield. He gonna win one of the OG spots. He looks to be moving well in voluntary workouts so unless he gets hurt again somehow, I'm kot worried about Lamp. His knee is said to be fine now.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
      IMO, when TT saw Tillery available at 28 he thought that a good OT will be there at 60.
      It did not happen. Then, Adderley was there.
      In the 3rd, find me the best OT you can get.
      It seems to me that it was Pipkins.
      Tough to pass up on Adderley...and apparently Cajuste, McGovern and other OT's weren't nearly as highly rated as Adderley...

Comment

• charger1993
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Solder played for the Giants last season.
        Feeney hasn't played well and I hope Lamp wins the RG job from Schofield. He gonna win one of the OG spots. He looks to be moving well in voluntary workouts so unless he gets hurt again somehow, I'm kot worried about Lamp. His knee is said to be fine now.
        I know solder played with the giants. Im saying the pats had him and he was playing at a high level.
        i hope to god lamp knee is good, i want it to be. But a 2 year i jury should make anyone nervous. How do we know his knee isnt shot like tuerks?? Knee injuries scare me i will always admit that. You never know how good it really is till you play a game on it.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

I know solder played with the giants. Im saying the pats had him and he was playing at a high level.
          i hope to god lamp knee is good, i want it to be. But a 2 year i jury should make anyone nervous. How do we know his knee isnt shot like tuerks?? Knee injuries scare me i will always admit that. You never know how good it really is till you play a game on it.
          Solder was not very good and why they let him walk. You don't let your good OTs walk. And the Giants had the second worst OL last season after AZ. Solder was a part of that.

Comment

• charger1993
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Solder was not very good and why they let him walk. You don't let your good OTs walk. And the Giants had the second worst OL last season after AZ. Solder was a part of that.
            Solder was apart of that with the giants.
            But with the patriots he was still good. Last year solder was considered an above average ot.
            In 2017 he was the 23. Offensive tackle Nate Solder, New England Patriots .
            thats ckming from bleacher report. Im not paying for the in depth stats

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Solder was apart of that with the giants.
              But with the patriots he was still good. Last year solder was considered an above average ot.
              In 2017 he was the 23. Offensive tackle Nate Solder, New England Patriots .
              thats ckming from bleacher report. Im not paying for the in depth stats
              Solder for being a 17th over all pick underachieved. He was good enough I guess but he was a bottom half rated LT. Never named to Pro bowl. He is kind of like Okung. Not spectacular, serviceable.

Comment

• r0j0
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Absolutely love the first two picks of the draft! Think they are both steals for where they got them, both are starters game 1 and both will vastly improve the defense and are positions of need.

Don't really have an opinion on the OT. Never seen him play, hopefully he pans out to be a solid starter...glad it was an OL pick though.

Comment

• charger1993
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Solder for being a 17th over all pick underachieved. He was good enough I guess but he was a bottom half rated LT. Never named to Pro bowl. He is kind of like Okung. Not spectacular, serviceable.
                  Okung was always a head scratcher. Wasnt he taken ahead of trent williams? Okung is above average for us. I just want us to stop gambling on these offensive linemen. Rivers is running out of time. If were drafting ots for after rivers, thats not exactly fair to him. He needs the o line now if we want a superbowl

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

Our def is nasty now, look for another DROY candidate in Adderly, mocked to Chargers #28 and TT waited til #60. Let the draft come to him.

Know nothing about Pipkins thus i trust in TT.

pretty happy overall

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Teams that try to get rid of the ball quickly, and do a lot of short passing, the OT are not nearly as important as the OG. NO and NE have worked very hard to put many of their best players at OG, and they worry a lot less about OT. They have had some good ones, but they are protected by the system. Give Tom Brady or Drew Brees room to step into their pass and 2.5 seconds to get it off, they will keep the OL from giving up sacks. NE knows that and plays around it. They let Brown go this season too. They know they can let Wynn take over the job and they still have some margin of error.

The Giants OL needed to find a right side. They have Solder at LT, Hernandez at LG, Pulley at C (he played a lot better for them than for us, but wasn't starting till partway through the season), and Kevin Zeitler at RG (added as part of the OBJ trade). They still need a RT, but their line is getting there finally. Solder is a good, not great player. Much better than not very good. Again, the whole Giants line played reasonably well down the stretch last season, after almost getting Sheli killed early.

Pipkins is being groomed because he has rare athletic talent. He just needs to develop his fundamentals. He needs to get deeper on his drop, which is tough because if he puts too much weight on the outside (kick) leg in the kick, then the DE will counter back through his inside leg and Rivers will fumble as he is pummeled into next week.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by r0j0 View Post
                        Absolutely love the first two picks of the draft! Think they are both steals for where they got them, both are starters game 1 and both will vastly improve the defense and are positions of need.

Don't really have an opinion on the OT. Never seen him play, hopefully he pans out to be a solid starter...glad it was an OL pick though.
                        Welcome to the Blues.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

The Pipkins pick:

We we are deep everywhere, where do you add quality players? A developmental guy on the OL for when we need to move on from Okung in a year or two, not a bad pick right now. Just about anybody we pick now at any position is gonna have to fight to make the team. Why not a player with first round physicality who has been stuck playing in the minors?

Comment

Working...
                          X