• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1993
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...like how Feeney taught Ingram the spin move?
    I mean melvin didnt get dwight feeneys spin move 100 percent. But i definitely feel like he improved under dwight. Having a good mentor is always a plus to a young player.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...like how Feeney taught Ingram the spin move?
      Suh can teach Tillery the correct way to stomp an opponent.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• charger1993
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Suh can teach Tillery the correct way to stomp an opponent.
        Suh-" nah rook you got your foot turned to much to the left, you want it lined uo straight with youre knee"
        Tillery-" oh so like this???"
        Suh-" atta boy, good job rook, remember to do that against the rams, ill distract the refs, they already dont like me"

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Thats why ive seemed so furious over this draft. We did this with LT, and Rivers. Its not fair to them. I hate that we have so many great players come through who are also great people and we just seem to kinda get lazy and settle for winning but not winning it all. Rivers deserves 1 superbowl.
          Both of those guys were on the team in 2006 and we were loaded and should have won. Neither of them has the right to complain

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
            I think people are too focused on the word starter here. There is depth & then there is valuable depth. Will the last three pics be valuable depth next year?
            I doubt it. Stick probably won't make the team.
            agree, as will be surprised if he beats out Cardale....

Comment

• charger1993
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Both of those guys were on the team in 2006 and we were loaded and should have won. Neither of them has the right to complain
              We were loaded. And we would have won if not for certain players mistakes. The team quickly fell apart after tho. Never really had the same drive as a team.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Can't tell some of these guys that, they think we getting starters in the 5th round. MAYBE if we are the 0-16 Browns. We are lucky if we find a starter from the 5th round is more like it.

And Rodney Anderson will be hurt WAY before Gordon will be. I wouldn't even draft him. Doubt he makes it out of preseason un injured.
                hec of a talent, but has the china doll syndrome.
                Could have had Anderson in the 6th round. Well worth the gamble. Drue Tranquill had/has injury issues and we drafted him in the 4th round. Friendly wager Anderson makes the field in a regular season game before Stick does...?

Comment

• UglyTruth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2018
                  • Send PM

Still can't believe we drafted a scrub from North Dakota State over Clayton Thorson.

Thorson has the ceiling to develop into at least an above average starting QB in the league while Easton freakin Stick will probably not even make the roster a year from now.

Basically another Brad Sorensen pick who else went some school like Northern Utah or Southern Utah or something.

What a joke. Telesco better be praying Thorson fails because or else it's gonna look god awful. And Thorson will get opportunities when Wentz gets injured again (which should be soon).
                  Last edited by UglyTruth; 04-28-2019, 12:37 AM.
                  Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                  - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                  - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                  - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                  - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                  - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                  - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                    Still can't believe we drafted a scrub from North Dakota State over Clayton Thorson.

Thorson has the ceiling to develop into at least an above average starting QB in the league while Easton freakin Stick will probably not even make the roster a year from now.

Basically another Brad Sorensen pick who else went some school like Northern Utah or Southern Utah or something.

What a joke. Telesco better be praying Thorson fails because or else it's gonna look god awful.
                    Thorson isn't going to amount to anything in the NFL.Thorson almost had as many INTs as TDs last season. Doesn't have a good TD to INT ratio in his college career and is barely a 60% passer his last two seasons (58% career) who didn't really improve from his junior to senior year.

Frankly I'm not expecting much from Stick and wouldn't from Thorson either. Don't think either will be anything but backups....to the backups.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-28-2019, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thorson isn't going to amount to anything in the NFL.Thorson almost had as many INTs as TDs last season. Doesn't have a good TD to INT ratio in his college career and is barely a 60% passer his last two seasons (58% career) who didn't really improve from his junior to senior year.

Frankly I'm not expecting much from Stick and wouldn't from Thorson either. Don't think either will be anything but backups....to the backups.
                      Thorson was put in arguably the worst possible situation that any college QB can be put in. Guy has a strong skill set, works extremely hard and is a man of faith.

Has phenomenal size too (much, much, much better than Stick) and I think Rivers would've loved his attitude and getting to mentor him.

I think Doug Pederson is gonna make a stud out of this kid eventually. I hate that the Eagles drafted him right after us, I wish he was drafted a little later so it wouldn't look as bad after we drafted fucking Stick.
                      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                        Thorson was put in arguably the worst possible situation that any college QB can be put in. Guy has a strong skill set, works extremely hard and is a man of faith.

Has phenomenal size too (much, much, much better than Stick) and I think Rivers would've loved his attitude and getting to mentor him.

I think Doug Pederson is gonna make a stud out of this kid eventually. I hate that the Eagles drafted him right after us, I wish he was drafted a little later so it wouldn't look as bad after we drafted fucking Stick.
                        He will be nothing special. He isn't the only QB that was in similar situation and he wasn't that good. It's not like we are talking about top QBs here. Low round QBs from a weak QB class.

I'll lose no sleep over either of those guys.

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Thats why ive seemed so furious over this draft. We did this with LT, and Rivers. Its not fair to them. I hate that we have so many great players come through who are also great people and we just seem to kinda get lazy and settle for winning but not winning it all. Rivers deserves 1 superbowl.
                          So do you just constantly throw shit at the wall to see what sticks or hope that someone doesn't call you out on it? Those LT and Rivers years, the team was loaded with talent.

Comment

Working...
                          X