North Texas CB Kemon Hall

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...agency-tracker

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

LA is very, very close to having the league's most talented roster. The few holes remaining, if we're nit-picking, are on the line of scrimmage. Protecting Philip Rivers should be a focus this weekend. Maybe a secondary add can be in the cards, too.

Here's a look at the Chargers' 2019 draft picks. 1st Round, No. 28 overall | Jerry Tillery, DL, Notre Dame

Analysis: Tillery will be a fun addition to this Chargers defensive line. He can build upon a strong final season in Notre Dame without a ton of snaps. He will also be playing with some really good defensive linemen, which helps.

Instant Grade: B-plus

2nd Round, No. 60 overall | Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware

Analysis: The best safety in the draft, bar none. Somehow, the Chargers get two studs as safety to fall in their lap in consecutive drafts. Adderley can cover the back end, while Derwin James plays as a rover near the line of scrimmage. A really good fit.

Instant Grade: A

3rd Round, No. 91 overall |Trey Pipkins, OT, Sioux Falls

Analysis: There's not much out there on Sioux Falls, but if Pipkins gives the Chargers any sort of quality depth at tackle, it's a good pick.

Instant Grade: B-minus

4th Round, No. 130 overall | Drue Tranquill, LB, Notre Dame

Instant Grade: B

5th Round, No. 166 overall | Easton Stick, QB, North Dakota State

Instant Grade: D-plus

6th round, No. 200 overall | Emeke Egbule, LB, Houston

Instant Grade: C-plus

7th round, No. 242 overall | Cortez Broughton, DT, Cincinnati

Instant Grade: C
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Reggie Howard, DT

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

So got back from my kids confirmation...checked out our 6th and 7th rounders...those seem like very reasonable, late round picks. Developmental guys with interesting traits, you bring them in, see what they can do.

Overall, I am personally disappointed in this draft...but what I identify as a fit for the Chargers, or what I evaluate as a true need, obviously is just an opinion, and not a professional one. For now I will have to accept that we got guys we believe will make us better next season, and for seasons to come.

So welcome aboard all you new Chargers!! I'm now your biggest fan, and here is hoping you all play up to the expectations that our staff has for you....or exceed them.:beer:
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• CTrout
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

TE Matt Sokol

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                Devine Ozigbo, RB, 5-11, 222, Nebraska
                Here's our big, bruising, between the tackles Michael Turner 2.0 mini-me...
                No more Gordon up the gut for nada at the goal line...
                Topcat wanted that guy.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                    So got back from my kids confirmation...checked out our 6th and 7th rounders...those seem like very reasonable, late round picks. Developmental guys with interesting traits, you bring them in, see what they can do.

Overall, I am personally disappointed in this draft...but what I identify as a fit for the Chargers, or what I evaluate as a true need, obviously is just an opinion, and not a professional one. For now I will have to accept that we got guys we believe will make us better next season, and for seasons to come.

So welcome aboard all you new Chargers!! I'm now your biggest fan, and here is hoping you all play up to the expectations that our staff has for you....or exceed them.:beer:
                    Considering we were picking at #28 at almost the end of every round, just the Tillery and Adderley picks were solid. Now, the other picks will be backups, and some will get some PT in the rotation, especially on defense. Pipkins has some real upside, and doesn't have a lot of the weaknesses that Cajuste and remaining O-linemen had when we were picking in round 3. We needed depth at LB and we got two who can also cover in Tranquill and Egbule. Considering where we were picking, first two picks I grade us an A. The rest of the draft is a B. Overall, A-.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

The whole BPA vs. PON is interesting. Part of the problem with the draft is that we do not know the team's board and what they consider BPA. So when Telesco go in a wildly different direction like Easton Stick or Pipken, we consider it a reach instead of BPA.

I will say that people who keep comparing NE's draft to ours don't know what they are talking about. The Patriots don't look for BPA. They look for guys that fit their system. It's why when they leave the team, they usually don't do as well. Not to mention that NE's drafting record has been pretty average as well. Belichick the HC covers for Belichick the GM.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Really? It looks like we nailed our first two picks. Not sure about the third pick but he seems like a guy with a lot of upside and was the BPA for TT and Co. The only pick that I didn't care for was Easton Stick but at least he was only a 5th. I would have preferred a TE but as you already mentioned, the FO may have felt that he was BPA there.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

I give this draft an initial grade of B+, possiblly A-. Didn't really care for Easton Stick pick.

However, I should note that I was really high on the 2014 draft as well and that's because I loved the first two picks there as well. I guess time will tell how this draft turned out. Hopefully much much better.

Comment

Working...
                          X