Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    @#71 Jalen Hurts QB Oklahoma

In my judgement, we should take a flyer on this guy in round 3. His skill set is in line with Tyrod's and Easton's. This is the type of QB Lynn is visualizing--not Herbert. Covid-19 protocols leave us blind on Tua, regretfully.

Jalen is the fastest draftable QB. He has leadership skills. Extend Tyrod one year and start Hurts year three. For those who doubt Hurts football IQ, he aced the daunting Steve Mariucci whiteboard test.

The Chargers are known to be interested in Jalen Hurts. Embrace value.

The Chargers once drafted a running QB out of the midwest. He was John Hadl of Kansas. Alworth's QB. 33,503 career passing yards. It is time for history to repeat itself.
    Hadl threw more INTs than TDs lol .... And was a 50% passer.
    I have already resigned myself to the fact that we are probably going to get Hertz and Lynn will make or break with his guys.
    I mean in my view it's either going to be Herbert or Hertz and in my mock in my sig,... I went with Herbert thinking they will go QB early. But if not definitely is going to be Hertz.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

When was the last time the chargers had a thumper as a linebacker? Randall Godfrey?
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
        When was the last time the chargers had a thumper as a linebacker? Randall Godfrey?
        Great thumper godfrey
        brandon siler was really good thumper made alot of goal line stands but he was under used

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I have already resigned myself to the fact that we are probably going to get Hertz and Lynn will make or break with his guys.
          I mean in my view it's either going to be Herbert or Hertz and in my mock in my sig,... I went with Herbert thinking they will go QB early. But if not definitely is going to be Hertz.
          There ya go--comp fits for Hurts.

Like Aaron Rodgers, Jalen Hurts will have to redo his throwing motion.

There is always Anthony Gordon, who is very accurate but has a "burp the baby" hitch. lol.

He's outta Washington State.
          Oh yeah, we did draft a QB out of there once before...
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

@#151 Josiah Deguara HBack Cincinnati

Here's sort of a replacement for Watt and a receiving threat upgrade at TE#2.

Deguara is a gritty, willing blocker, slightly undersized at 6'3" 240#. He can be a move TE, helping with Wham blocks. misdirections, even running sweeps, short yardage.

Deguara is not particularly athletic, but there are certain things he does which are very useful. This guy can read defenses, find seams, and tracks the ball over his shoulder downfield, with very steady hands. There is Red Zone potential. The route running is efficient.

This is a slight overdraft at a position of scarcity and impact, TE. In watching film of Tyrod when he was successful in BUF, he threw to his receiving TEs, Charles Clay and Nick O' Leary often.

You have a problem with dis ?
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

hadl was the nfl mvp in 1974 if i am not mistaken.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

hadl was the nfl mvp in 1974 if i am not mistaken.
                I'd say mistaken. 74 he was with two teams and was flat awful. 11 TDs, 22 INTs. Not even 2000 yards passing..his arguably best year was 1968 and even then he had 32 INTs and a 47% completion rate. Or maybe it was 1967. 50% rate and actually had more TDs than INTs. That didn't happen often lol.
                Hadl was feast or famine. He was the king of chucking the ball up.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-21-2020, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Irmo, SC
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  @#112 Akeem Davis-Gaither WILL Appalachian State

6'2" 220# 4.55 forty. Run and hit LB at Position of Need. Number one attribute is closing speed. Pass rush abilities. Relentless. Adequate in Zone coverage for our Cover 3 defense. LAC style LB with Kyzir, Tranquill. Linval up front to give these dudes clean looks. This is gonna work.

Small school Isaiah Simmons. Cinderella story. It's in the hole. He's in the hole. RB gets put on the ground. Tell me we don't need tackling at LB.
                  Those kids from App State play with a chip on their shoulder.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                    Perryman. Too bad he apparently can't stay healrhy.
                    When he's right and meets a ballcarrier in the hole? BLAM! They're going down and are lucky to control the ball.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

I'd say mistaken. 74 he was with two teams and was flat awful. 11 TDs, 22 INTs. Not even 2000 yards passing..his arguably best year was 1968 and even then he had 32 INTs and a 47% completion rate. Or maybe it was 1967. 50% rate and actually had more TDs than INTs. That didn't happen often lol.
                      Hadl was feast or famine. He was the king of chucking the ball up.
                      John Hadl was chosen by Sporting News as the NFC most valuable player in 1973. He was selected as first team All Pro by AP, PFWA, and Pro football weekly

Pretty good year, you think?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

John Hadl was chosen by Sporting News as the NFC most valuable player in 1973. He was selected as first team All Pro by AP, PFWA, and Pro football weekly

If 2008 yards passing is worthy back then, then sure lol. But, he did have a 2 to 1 TD-INT(22-11) ratio that year. One of the few for him.
                        i know it was a different era then and players made the HOF with pedestrian numbers.

Its why I hate the rules now. I get making things safer but the PI's and roughing the passer are horrible. Too easy for QBs now
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-21-2020, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

I was a young kid when Hadl stood tall, i thought he was just a bad ass baller. risk/reward - he was a gambler
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X