• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Another one bite the dust, er-cabadge,..
    Possible first-rounder Shane Ray cited for marijuana possession

Posted by Mike Wilkening on April 27, 2015, 8:40 PM EDT

AP
    An edge-rushing prospect thought to have a good shot at being selected in Round One has encountered an unwanted off-field issue three days before the draft.

Defensive end Shane Ray, a former University of Missouri standout, was cited Monday morning on a marijuana possession charge, Corporal Scott White of the Missouri State Highway Patrol confirmed to PFT on Monday night.

According to White, Ray was pulled over for speeding on Monday morning in Cooper County, Missouri. Upon the traffic stop, a highway trooper smelled what was believed to be fresh, unsmoked marijuana. The vehicle was searched, and marijuana was found, White said. Ray was cited for possession of 35 grams or less of marijuana, a misdemeanor, and released on his recognizance, White said. He was also cited for a lane violation.

Ray did not appear impaired and was cooperative, White said. He faces a June 30 court date.

As a potential late first-round pick, the pot citation is a less-than-desirable development for Ray, to say the least. Moreover, the health of Ray’s foot has also been a storyline in the lead-up to the draft, though NFL Media has reported Ray does not need surgery.

Albert Breer of NFL Media reports Ray flunked a drug test in college, citing information from five unnamed NFL teams.

Rotoworld draft expert Josh Norris has the Cardinals selecting Ray 24th overall in his latest mock draft.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

The cop had a good nose. Good thing Ray didn't fart.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
        The cop had a good nose. Good thing Ray didn't fart.
        Um, when I was young, they called Skunk Skunk becausevit smelled like one and its oder penenatrated lots of attempts to conseal its smell

If its stronger today, no reason to think it would smell stronger...

I still wouldn't draft him
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
          Shane Ray cited for pot possession and speeding.

P.J. Williams cited for DUI.

A couple first round guys doing everything they can to raise their stock before the draft...
          Bengals are gonna be all over these guys when they drop.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Geezbolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Sun Valley, ID
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
            Shane Ray cited for pot possession and speeding.

P.J. Williams cited for DUI.

A couple first round guys doing everything they can to raise their stock before the draft...
            "Hit me in the head with a hammer if I ever draft a dumb guy." -- Jimmy Johnson

To get pulled over for speeding, then having weed in your possession just a couple of days ahead of arguably the biggest day of your life is just plain stupid. The stupidity alone would be reason enough for me to think twice about this guy. He already had teams concerned about the injury to his toe. Dumb, dumb, dumb! And what is it with outside pass rushers and marijuana????? Randy Gregory, Shane Ray and even Von Miller. Come on guys, cannabis may not be that big of a deal, but you know it's a banned substance in the NFL and they test for it.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
              Another one bite the dust, er-cabadge,..
              Possible first-rounder Shane Ray cited for marijuana possession

Posted by Mike Wilkening on April 27, 2015, 8:40 PM EDT

AP
              An edge-rushing prospect thought to have a good shot at being selected in Round One has encountered an unwanted off-field issue three days before the draft.

Defensive end Shane Ray, a former University of Missouri standout, was cited Monday morning on a marijuana possession charge, Corporal Scott White of the Missouri State Highway Patrol confirmed to PFT on Monday night.

According to White, Ray was pulled over for speeding on Monday morning in Cooper County, Missouri. Upon the traffic stop, a highway trooper smelled what was believed to be fresh, unsmoked marijuana. The vehicle was searched, and marijuana was found, White said. Ray was cited for possession of 35 grams or less of marijuana, a misdemeanor, and released on his recognizance, White said. He was also cited for a lane violation.

Ray did not appear impaired and was cooperative, White said. He faces a June 30 court date.

As a potential late first-round pick, the pot citation is a less-than-desirable development for Ray, to say the least. Moreover, the health of Ray’s foot has also been a storyline in the lead-up to the draft, though NFL Media has reported Ray does not need surgery.

Albert Breer of NFL Media reports Ray flunked a drug test in college, citing information from five unnamed NFL teams.

Rotoworld draft expert Josh Norris has the Cardinals selecting Ray 24th overall in his latest mock draft.
              I wonder if he can smell un smoked crack and un snorted cocaine....
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                I wonder if he can smell un smoked crack and un snorted cocaine....
                And i feel so much safer now that he's been ticketed for a lane violation.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
                  "Hit me in the head with a hammer if I ever draft a dumb guy." -- Jimmy Johnson

To get pulled over for speeding, then having weed in your possession just a couple of days ahead of arguably the biggest day of your life is just plain stupid. The stupidity alone would be reason enough for me to think twice about this guy. He already had teams concerned about the injury to his toe. Dumb, dumb, dumb! And what is it with outside pass rushers and marijuana????? Randy Gregory, Shane Ray and even Von Miller. Come on guys, cannabis may not be that big of a deal, but you know it's a banned substance in the NFL and they test for it.
                  The stupidity is really the bigger issue, IMO. Oh, don't get me wrong: there's no justification, in my mind, for carrying pot around in your car. But the absolute brain-deadness - not to mention timing - of such a poor choice...unbelievable.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

A lot of people saying today that Tenn is going to draft Mariota and have him compete with Mettenberger. WTF? With a roster extremely devoid of talent THAT is their plan???? Hahahahahahahahahahha.....Sure couldn't use one of those defensive players or a WR...actually pretty much anything. They have a bad Oline, weak crop of WRs, and a putrid D that saw them two to three scores down early and often. nice plan......

Comment

• bonehead
                      Undrafted
                      • Jul 2013
                      • TBD
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

I agree, they should go with Mett and ransom Mariota to the Jets or Eagles and rebuild their roster.
                      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• 34 hours, 10 minutes left to wait!

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                          I agree, they should go with Mett and ransom Mariota to the Jets or Eagles and rebuild their roster.
                          would be funny if Tenn takes Mariota, then trades him to Phi for their 1st & 2nd this year + Bradford + Ryan Mathews

as much talk as there was about Wiz being the OC who fixed Rivers, Mathews had his best year under Wiz too...
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X