Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

#pals
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• vinabolt
      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
      • Feb 2015
      • Send PM

McCoy's philosophy based on his success with Tebow and Manning is that you built your offense around your QB, what your QB do well and what does he like to do. This philosophy fits the Chargers in that Rivers arguably the best player on the team. So, basically they want to built the team around Rivers. TT already revealed that plan in his interviews.

To align with that philosophy, they must be looking for players that can help the passing game. Rivers like the "chunk plays" and happens to be the best deep ball passer in the NFL. I don't see any current elite QBs throw a better deep ball, accept for maybe Rodgers. Rivers throw the deep ball more accurate than Brady and Manning.

Even at NC State in a system that favors the short and intermediate passing game, Rivers always looks to throw deep. I think that's why Rivers defend Norv so much, he love the system favors the deep throw that Norv implemented here.

To align with Rivers' strength and preference, the Chargers must be looking for a deep threat with size and speed. Malcom Floyd probably have 2 productive seasons left. Rivers seems to do well with big receiver, not so well with a fast but undersize one.

They must be also looking for pass protectors. Pass protectors at the Guard position can be available in late rounds.

When the deep targets is not open, Rivers tends to throw to the underneath RBs. So, the Chargers probably looking for an every down RB that doesn't have to be great but solid in all 3 things: Run, get open & catch, protect the QB. With the RB's value continue to "deflate", those "solid but not great" RBs can be available in middle rounds.

Yes, if they go all in with this philosophy, the Chargers will become the Manning/Dungy led IND, a team that went through many playoff failures but also was a consistent winner that went to 2 SBs and won 1. Rivers performed better than Manning in the post-season. The current Chargers defense also better than some of the IND's defenses that choked in the playoff.
      Last edited by vinabolt; 02-05-2015, 12:59 AM.
      Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Geezbolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Sun Valley, ID
        • Send PM

Something to add intrigue to this year's Combines. Hey Q. Think you still have it in you? If so we'll find a way to get you a Combine invite.

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
          Something to add intrigue to this year's Combines. Hey Q. Think you still have it in you? If so we'll find a way to get you a Combine invite.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/...l-get-porsches
          Me too back in the day I could throw a football over a mountain....
          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/...l-get-porsches
            My (as yet undocumented) sub-7 wouldn't even earn me a Yugo, I'm afraid.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

If you were running to lock Terrance Cody's jail cell I bet you would break Rich Eisens fastest 40 time!
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

UT 3 round mock.
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                  I'll take it. Actually, I like most of the mocks I see. I don't know how TT can screw up this year.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                    I'll take it. Actually, I like most of the mocks I see. I don't know how TT can screw up this year.
                    By taking players that cant stay on the field?
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                      By taking players that cant stay on the field?
                      The only guy that I am aware of that he took that had a pre-existing injury that forced him to be shut down was Verrett. We saw his flashes and I believe th long term payoff will be well worth the risk and rookie time missed. I am interested to hear how any GM could foresee Teo's foot problems, Attaochu having hamstring issues his rookie year etc. if you have a crystal ball, tell TT where he can get one.

I would understand your harping on this if he had taken a guy with concussion history or knee surgeries and they prevented him from playing. Maybe I am missing something, but I don't get your blaming injuries on the GM.
                      Last edited by Panamamike; 02-06-2015, 02:39 AM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                        It is ok I guess. I don't see a DE or OLB to help the pass rush and rotations, which I think is the biggest weakness on our D. I Would think that upgrading the oline or WR may be easier in FA than upgrading our pass rush., especially if we want early returns on the investment. I would be tempted to take Dupree in that mock. I do like Coleman from Indiana. However, again, where we go in the draft depends on which areas we address in FA. These mocks and draft discussions are a fun exercise, but until we see what happens or doesn't happen in FA, they are like throwing darts with your non throwing hand.
                        Last edited by Panamamike; 02-06-2015, 02:56 AM.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

17: R1P17 OLB VIC BEASLEY CLEMSON

48: R2P16 RB DUKE JOHNSON MIAMI (FLA.)

83: R3P19 C REESE DISMUKES AUBURN

114: R4P18 WR TYLER LOCKETT KANSAS STATE

145: R5P17 OT AUSTIN SHEPHERD ALABAMA

176: R6P16 DT XAVIER WILLIAMS NORTHERN IOWA