• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Add Kevin Johnson to that list as noted above in my post on Kevin.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Its when hes moving backwards at pace that he cant lock on and drive. Hes got quick feet and drops back nice and fast but it gives the pass rusher a lot of space to get moving. Watch the 4th quarter of that game. Hes struggling to anchor when he drops back that fast. His balance is off due to the speed of the pass rush in this game. I think in a tight confined area where off the snap he can dig in he's better off. You can see he looks better when he has a TE on the outside of him and isnt dropping back so far.

He forces the DE out wide and then gets bullrushed and goes down often. OG he dosnt have to worry about dropping back so far. I think he has the strength and lower body to handle DTs.

In that Maryland game he goes up against a DT outside in space and just gets drilled. I like his chances better in a phonebooth.

I thought Martin had similar problems. Hes a pretty good OG.
      I don't see that at all. His problem looks like just like Fluiker. Being too aggressive and too much weight too far forward most of the time. When he actually sits back, he still doesn't get low enough, which is where the lack of leverage comes from. Again, it is exactly what Fluker does, which is why I think Fluker just needs some technique work more then moving position (which appears to be what the Chargers think too).

Also, Scherff is horrible on combos and getting to the second level, which also doesn't bode well as an OG. Rather have him at OT, so that he always has a man on him, and he doesn't have to go looking for someone, because his footwork and balance last year just didn't get him into good hitting position.

Right now, Scherff is viewed as a high 1st round pick, but I think that is mostly based on his 2013 play. Based on his 2014 play, he is a better prospect then player. overall, I think he goes later in the 1st round, but given how many Iowa OL tend to be so well coached, I am not sure he has much upside. Granted, with his technique issues, he bucks the trend somewhat, but I am not sure he has the upside of a lot of the other OL in college football.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

We'll just have to disagree.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I'd rather get a play maker in Rd 1.... Be it offense or defense.

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

If TT can pick up another 2nd round or 3rd round pick by moving back in the first round, that would be ideal.
            Looking at the current mocks, it seems the last 15 choices in the 1st round are interchangeable. We still get a player we covet plus make up for the past 2 years losing our 2nd.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
              If TT can pick up another 2nd round or 3rd round pick by moving back in the first round, that would be ideal.
              Looking at the current mocks, it seems the last 15 choices in the 1st round are interchangeable. We still get a player we covet plus make up for the past 2 years losing our 2nd.
              We haven't lost our second rounders.....we have traded our 4ths for moving up in the second.

Comment

• CTrout
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

One RB that could be had in the 2nd-3rd is David Johnson (N. Iowa).

I'm shocked that he isn't ranked higher. Workhorse type back with WR abilities. Excellent out of the back field.

Anyone who watched the Senior Bowl had to be impressed with him. Would certainly be a nice option if Woodhead
                would happen to go down again.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post

I'm shocked that he isn't ranked higher. Workhorse type back with WR abilities. Excellent out of the back field.

Anyone who watched the Senior Bowl had to be impressed with him. Would certainly be a nice option if Woodhead
                  I really like Johnson. He could very well be a three down back at the next level. Pretty comparable to Matt Forte. I know Greg Cosell isn't as high on him. Doesn't see him as anything more than a pass catching back. I disagree. He showed enough at the senior bowl running the ball against the best competition.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Love D Johnson. Really like Yeldon as well. Concerned about Ajayi's blocking abilities.

Comment

• BoltBacker
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Las Vegas, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post

Not a fan of rap music during the highlight clips LOL. Distracting, would it not be cool if their was comments and critiques on these youtube highlight films.

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

wait, the guy with the John Wayne avatar is not a fan of rap music???? shocked : )
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                          wait, the guy with the John Wayne avatar is not a fan of rap music???? shocked : )
                          Explain this.

Comment

Working...
                          X