• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

You run that simulator enough times, it will probably show Mariota available for the Bolts at #17. I like that draft though.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Yea it dosnt really account for team needs.

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        I just did a sim. Ive always felt that a player will drop in this draft. I dont think it will be Beasley but i didnt think Ingram would drop either. My guess is a Shane Ray type. I thhink a pass rusher will be there. And theres only a couple i would take over a franchise RB like Gordon or Gurley. If one fell i wouldn't hesitate. This draft was with CBS rankings which are pretty accurate imo.

I wouldn't mind that draft.....
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
          I wouldn't mind that draft.....
          Yep, wouldn't mind this one at all, either.
          Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Everyone seems to be jumping on the Todd Gurley bandwagon! While he'd be a good choice, I just can't see them passing on Malcolm Brown. Not only would he plug the middle of our line and keep O linemen off of our LB's, he can get to the QB.

There are to many decent backs that can be had later in the draft. I don't think we'll find a DL that can fill two of our needs however outside of Brown.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Gurley, Brown, Johnson...I'm liking all these different scenarios a lot.

Comment

• Classic
                Hall Of Fame
                • Dec 2014
                • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                Everyone seems to be jumping on the Todd Gurley bandwagon! While he'd be a good choice, I just can't see them passing on Malcolm Brown. Not only would he plug the middle of our line and keep O linemen off of our LB's, he can get to the QB.

There are to many decent backs that can be had later in the draft. I don't think we'll find a DL that can fill two of our needs however outside of Brown.

Decent backs only give 700-900 yards, that's not gonna cut it. The only 3 backs who imo can crack 1k in our line and a rumored power scheme would be Gurley, Gordon and Coleman. The run at running back will begin at the late part of the first to our #48. I love M.Brown for us but we can get a good DE in Mario Edwards from FSU or Eli Harold as OLB/DE. I have Carreathers as our NT and a good one in that. Getting a home run at RB in Gurley would bring back our long sustained drives and help rest our inexperienced defense, which will be as green in the front 7 as any year I can remember.

If any of those 3 backs can be had in the 2nd, I'd pull the trigger on a M.Brown, Dupree and Gregory cluster.

Comment

• pigskin
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Southern Oregon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  I just did a sim. Ive always felt that a player will drop in this draft. I dont think it will be Beasley but i didnt think Ingram would drop either. My guess is a Shane Ray type. I thhink a pass rusher will be there. And theres only a couple i would take over a franchise RB like Gordon or Gurley. If one fell i wouldn't hesitate. This draft was with CBS rankings which are pretty accurate imo.

I like mine better

VIEW EACH TEAM'S DRAFT

17: R1P17
                  DE ALVIN DUPREE
                  KENTUCKY
                  48: R2P16
                  RB MELVIN GORDON
                  WISCONSIN
                  83: R3P19
                  G ALI MARPET
                  HOBART
                  117: R4P18
                  WR PHILLIP DORSETT
                  MIAMI (FLA.)
                  153: R5P17
                  DT XAVIER WILLIAMS
                  NORTHERN IOWA
                  192: R6P16
                  S ERICK DARGAN
                  OREGON

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

If we want to go back to the long sustained drives, we need another OL. What stops teams from running is not consistency, it is the losses behind the line, or just the inability to get 3 to 4 yards consistently. Most of that falls on the OL. If our RB are going to keep getting hit behind the line, we can't sustain a running game, and no RB short of Barry Sanders is going to fix that. We have to give our RB the chance to get going. And that means stop allowing penetration at the line. We don't have to blow the other team off the line, just get the other team tied up with blockers, and the RB can find a crease and fall forward. If we want to have steady sustained drives, that works.

The reason we would take a RB fairly high would be to add the explosive element. The difference between a good RB and a great RB is actually pretty small, which is why you can get them later in the draft. A good one can give us the sustain rushing game we need. But we don't need to spend that high a pick for him. Just keep pluggin away with middle and later round picks and we will find a RB in a couple of years.

You draft a guy in the 1st couple of rounds to add a guy with some homerun power. Guys like Jamal Charles allow us to break long runs and that is what changes games. Charles is not any better in terms of consistency then any other RB. He has a huge per carry average because he breaks long runs almost every game. Those flip field position and force defenses to play him differently. That is the sort of element we need in a RB if we take them high. Can that RB break enough long runs, plays that are traditionally passing plays, but do it on.

If we want the statisics to look good, it also wouldn't hurt if we were like KC and ran the ball more in our own territory. Charles pads his own stats a lot because his runs are longer when he breaks them, so it appears that he has more long yardage runs, when in fact he is just lucky enough to have broken them when he is deep in his own territory.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Two late picks (6th rd) that may have a lot of upside would be Diggs WR Maryland for the slot and Nick Marshall as a CB.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

I see this offense as being potentially 3 draft picks away from being dominant. RB/OG and WR. I just feel like getting it done now. Theres a lot of teams that have dominant offenses and defenses that give up more points than we do. We have way more question marks on d than on offense. D just needs its talented players to step up. Especially Butler and Reyes.

New England, Indi, Green Bay, Denver, Pitt and Dallas are a few of them. We give up less points than those teams on D. NE is a little better. Notorious good teams every year. We are not close to putting up the point totals those teams put up on offense.

I think we can set and forget the offense for a few years with just those 3 positions. Id like to get that over with and really focus on the D while the offense carries us for a year. Get the RB, OG and WR somewhere in the first 4 rounds. Draft a pass rusher. Sign a couple D starters next year and draft all D. Sign a couple D players closer to June 1. DT/OLB

Youve got a really good offense you dont need to tinker with too much over the next 3-4 years and you can really get that Defense loaded.

Of course this only happens if Rivers is extended. But with loading the D over the next couple years it will make the transition into a life after Rivers easier with a dominant defense and run game already in place.

Theres no reason why a Phillip Rivers lead team should be putting up an average of 22 points a game over the last 3 years. And i think thats where in lies some of his frustration. The other top QBs in the league all average way more points a game over that time frame.

Get Rivers situated and then focus on the other areas. If you just do a little bit on both sides of the ball every year you will only get a little bit better or see negligible improvement until that long drawn out type of roster building finally gets you the talent.

Just set it and forget it on offense this year. We are that close.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Draft Jamison Crowder in the 3rd or 4th, he has produced consistently for three years has more yards, TDs, and catches than Perriman Locket or Dorsset. Great value pick. Then grab Darren Waller in the 6th to developed into a VJ 2.0...

Get Gurley in the first or Tevin Coleman in the second. Add you OG in the third or second add beef were possible...
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X