• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Head coaches getting younger

Times are a changing. Used to be owners went with HC’s who were well established with plenty of head coach experience, which meant that they were for the most part, aged. Nowadays, young assistant coaches are plucked from other teams on a whim that they will be a savant and bring glory and success to their teams owner. Not that this hasn’t happened before with a fairly young Bill Belichik getting the Browns HC job. Just saying there sure a lot more owners giving the nod to younger and younger minds. Less and less oldies now. Just a minor observation during these doldrums before the season starts.
    Last edited by Caslon; 05-10-2021, 08:16 PM.
  • DragonIce
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2021
    • Arizona
    • Send PM

Younger guys dominate the world of chess...and in starting world changing companies. I know my brain isn't as nimble and creative as it was twenty years ago, so I get it. Energy for the job? I ain't got nothing left. Staley would do more in a day than I'd get done in a week.

And the younger coaches embrace sports analytics, which will dominate the sport as it has baseball and basketball (sorry PFF haters).

That said, the kids still gotta catch up with Andy Reid (63), Bill Belichick (69) and Bruce Arians (68). (Who have won 4/5 most recent Super Bowls)

I admire the young guns. I root for the old farts, Staley the obvious exception.

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Are there going to be any preseason games this year? Too early to tell? Keep the entire O-line out of those games. Come on big money. No whammy no whammy, big money, big money...Stop!

Sorry, something I picked up watching game shows.
      Last edited by Caslon; 05-11-2021, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
        Are there going to be any preseason games this year? Too early to tell? Keep the entire O-line out of those games. Come on big money. No whammy no whammy, big money, big money...Stop!

Sorry, something I picked up watching game shows.
        Pre season games look to be on and there will be 3.

We will Press Your Luck with the Oline in preseason. They need to take snaps and Herbert is just a 2nd year QB. He will take preseason snaps.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• FrankB
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

Its the constant search for something new, that gives you the edge. The caveat is that sometimes you cannot discount lived experience as Dragonice succinctly puts. I do wonder though, that when it comes to the NFL, and sports in particular, we will reach a point when there is no nothing new to embrace on coaching or schematics unless the fundamental nature of the game shifts.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍