• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
    So they will have mini camp at Murphy Canyon?
    I think so. They were supposed to leave by late July, not early June.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      I think so. They were supposed to leave by late July, not early June.
      The lease is terminated as soon as they trigger the exit clause, which would be May 31 at the latest.

Which begs the question, if they paid the termination fee already, haven't they effectively triggered the exit? If so, kick them out now!

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I don't know about the lease details, but the team already stated that off season activities would happen at Murphy Canyon, but training camp will be at their temporary facility. Maybe they changed their mind and are leaving at the earliest opportunity, who knows as there is almost no news coming from them. I think it was about an hour after the Hall of Fame results were known when they posted the L.T. tribute stuff on their site. Employees have to give them their notice of intention by early March. The draft will be awkward at best... will they bring the rookies to San Diego?

Besides that, I don't think the city is going to start a standard eviction process. But it would be kind of interesting if they send the sheriff there and move their equipment and office stuff on the lawn and chain the doors.

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Can't imagine they would bring rookies to SD or have the rookie mini camp there
          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Can't imagine they would bring rookies to SD or have the rookie mini camp there
            It would be an extremely dumb move which means it will probably happen.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              Funny how the real problem - not enough Charger fans in SD - gets a free pass. Regardless of Faulconer being a slimeball and Deano being a dick, if there were simply enough people in SD who valued Chargers football staying SD, that downtown stadium (paid for by effing tourists!) would've been a slam dunk. I dunno if LA is gonna eventually warm to the Chargers, but not seeing how it could be much worse than recent years (as 6205 points out).
              And why do you think that is? Deano has turned off countless fans over the years with his ignorance and utter stupidity. But that's not the real problem.

The real problem was 2/3 was NEVER going to happen. We couldn't pass a hotel tax two times for the fire department right after SD got ravaged by wirefires. There was zero chance of Measure C passing to subsidize a jackass owner, who still to this day didn't apologize for the whole Carson fiasco.

The real reason Deano wanted downtown and to tie in TOT and the CC was because he knew it would be a 2/3 vote and would fail because everyone in the city would oppose it (politicians, hoteliers). That right there was his excuse to bail. That's why he never wanted a MV plan.

There was a real good interview a few of weeks ago with one of the Save Our Bolts leaders and he referenced a rally/town hall that took place very early in the process with the Spanii, Maas, Fabiani, etc. there and it was received very well by everyone in attendance. He told Deano that this is what he needs to do all over SD to capture everyone's interest and that would be the only one Deano ever did. He said it was like he told them that this was so effective in the public's eye that they stopped doing it from that day on.

Comment

• Faded blues
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                And why do you think that is? Deano has turned off countless fans over the years with his ignorance and utter stupidity. But that's not the real problem.

The real problem was 2/3 was NEVER going to happen. We couldn't pass a hotel tax two times for the fire department right after SD got ravaged by wirefires. There was zero chance of Measure C passing to subsidize a jackass owner, who still to this day didn't apologize for the whole Carson fiasco.

The real reason Deano wanted downtown and to tie in TOT and the CC was because he knew it would be a 2/3 vote and would fail because everyone in the city would oppose it (politicians, hoteliers). That right there was his excuse to bail. That's why he never wanted a MV plan.

There was a real good interview a few of weeks ago with one of the Save Our Bolts leaders and he referenced a rally/town hall that took place very early in the process with the Spanii, Maas, Fabiani, etc. there and it was received very well by everyone in attendance. He told Deano that this is what he needs to do all over SD to capture everyone's interest and that would be the only one Deano ever did. He said it was like he told them that this was so effective in the public's eye that they stopped doing it from that day on.
                If you plan on selling your business you first gut everything and save everywhere you can.

I agree with you that the bed game is selling the franchise in la.

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

I'm sure u meant End game FB, and I agree....nothing else explains how this thing was put together so badly
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I'm sure u meant End game FB, and I agree....nothing else explains how this thing was put together so badly
                    Can't sell for seven years so that will be a long drought.

Comment

• Faded blues
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                      NFL doesn't abide by rules. Let it alone it's own.

By the end of the week, we will know of
                      Vegas is legit or
                      Not.

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                        My conspiracy theory is that they're botching the LA thing so bad so that the NFL is going to let them sell and end this whole clown show that is making the whole league look stupid.

Comment

• Wheels
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                          My conspiracy theory is that they're botching the LA thing so bad so that the NFL is going to let them sell and end this whole clown show that is making the whole league look stupid.
                          LOL, My theory is they just can't run things without it turning into a shit show.

Comment

Working...
                          X