• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Pat Murphy is now the manager

I admit I don't know much about this guy. His controversy over his ouster at ASU aside, I like what I read about him. He seems like a Dick Williams-type and maybe he can light a fire under this team. I really was hoping for the Doc to get a shot but I'm ok with seeing what Murphy can do.
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I could look it up, but is he an interim, with a possibility of being named the real manager for next season?

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      I could look it up, but is he an interim, with a possibility of being named the real manager for next season?
      I think that's the case. Everything I've read stated "the remainder of the season". My guess is if he turns it around he'll be permanent.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Remember Father Murphy from Little House on the Prairie? Then I think Merlin Olsen brought the role to his own show later on. I wonder if the Padres players will call him Father ("Padres"...get it?) Murphy. ha

For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• TABF
          Por debajo del promedio
          • Jun 2013
          • SoCal
          • Send PM

I hope he isn't a dick williams type. I personally know players that played/worked for him. They say nobody was too fond of him.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Dick Williams type is probably a bit strong. "Motivator" seems to fit him better.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

I remember watching the WBC and thinking if a coach can get the Netherlands team into the semi-finals he must be doing something right. And hes one of the best hitting coaches in the game. One of the best hitting teams in the league over the last 5 years that hes been there. And they won 3 WS. This guy is due to climb soon.

Hensley Meulens

Comment

Working...
              X