• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

This deal has huge potential. I was reading a certain writer/ex-MLB scout opinion of Javy Guerra and he thinks he can be a MLB MVP. It was at a pay site so all I can tell you is both the defense and hitting are looking excellent and on a a good track.

Margot is awesome for CF. Real contact hitter with speed that can play an excellent CF.

That starting pitcher we got (Allen) in the deal is both polished and potent. Advanced at his age. And he's a lefty! We really need that.

And the infielder Carlos Asuaje is a lefty bat that can play 2B or 3B. He gets on base well.

In a couple years we are going to LOVE this deal big-time. I can't wait.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Not to be negative but all of these kids are several steps from ML ready. I'm encouraged, but a) none were considered among the top 3-4 Red Sox prospects, b) they are several steps from the majors, so a lot can happen along the way.

Waiting is a big part of being a Padres fan. A lot of highly touted youngsters in the pipeline who rarely seem to emerge in the Bigs. But we'll see. I hope you're right.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Regarding Guerra, it was his in-season adjustments that impressed this ex-scout so much.

I think we really lucked out in this trade. Boston was/still is loaded with talent in their system and their new GM isn't afraid to trade it. That's been Dombrowski's M.O.
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Working...
        X