• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

OK, so what do we think?

Tell ya what I think: this city is beset by some of the dumbest people in sports running our teams.
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Here's the rest of the changes. They're partially bringing back the brown.

The San Diego Padres unveiled three new uniforms for the 2016 season today, a new home white, new Friday home alternate, and new camouflage alternate jersey. The uniforms were unveiled over the course of four hours, the first – showing the new blue camo’s taking place on a Navy ship,

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Looks like it took them 5 minutes to come up with these.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Looks like it took them 5 minutes to come up with these.
        Yep it's bad. Just what they need...another color combo. And blue and gold just looks like a Bolts rip off. A 'one year' ASG uni? Stupid.

I like the navy camps and I like that they are committing to some brown, but these guys have no vision. I still would love to see them go back to just brown and yellow with white sleeveless home uni and gray roadies, but they'll never do that.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

The Padres upgraded their home uniforms, and their new brown-centric alternates are a hit -- but they really missed the boat with their lazy road look, Paul Lukas writes.

Surprised they like the new home set. I will say, however, that the actual uni looks better than the hat. But on-target about the lack of road sets. WTF?

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
            http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14...hiff-road-sets

Surprised they like the new home set. I will say, however, that the actual uni looks better than the hat. But on-target about the lack of road sets. WTF?
            It's because the blue/yellow set is a one-year deal and the real re-brand is next year, where the assumption is they will go all brown (except for the camo unis).

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
              It's because the blue/yellow set is a one-year deal and the real re-brand is next year, where the assumption is they will go all brown (except for the camo unis).
              I mentioned that above. I still think the one year uni is a stupid idea and about the last thing this franchise really needs. Can you imagine the Yankees or Red Sox doing a one year uni?

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                I mentioned that above. I still think the one year uni is a stupid idea and about the last thing this franchise really needs. Can you imagine the Yankees or Red Sox doing a one year uni?
                Right, but the one year deal is the reason why they didn't bother messing with the road unis. Everything changes next year. Still stupid nonetheless. Couldn't get their act together for this season obviously but still bent on changing them.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                  Right, but the one year deal is the reason why they didn't bother messing with the road unis. Everything changes next year. Still stupid nonetheless. Couldn't get their act together for this season obviously but still bent on changing them.
                  You're better off not doing anything, IMO. Wait the year.

If we ever host the ASG again, hopefully we'll try the green and orange color combo. There's one we haven't tried yet.

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Well, at least we aren't the Diamondbacks. Did you see the excrement they rolled out tonight?

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Some of it's pretty bad but at least it looks like there's a gameplan and some consistency with the past. We are all over the map with new colors (after lots of changes), a single season uniform, a bringback that isn't a bringback, a weird re-imagining of the camos (though tip to Navy is nice). While I don't really much like the Backs shit, they have a program. They were trying to do something. We don't know what we wanna be when we grow up.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

I miss the brown and yellow things. blue is too Dodgery. But I care much more about the players wearing the jersey's. ha
                        Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 12-14-2015, 07:18 AM.
                        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Working...
                        X