• Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

OT: Cubs

"Theo is a genius!"

Let's see...he's a genius because he's bought Lester, Heyward, Lackey and Zobrist? Obviously they have drafted and developed well. But you can't tell me that big spending teams are geniuses when all they have to do is pull out their shopping lists and a sweaty wad of cash.
  • TABF
    Por debajo del promedio
    • Jun 2013
    • SoCal
    • Send PM

When it owner wants a championship really really bad & gives Theo blank checkS, why not build what might possibly be the best 1-8 lineup ever assembled. Whether that equates to a WS trophy or not is a different story $

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I'm not against an owner spending. Hell, look at the teams I support. I'd give anything to have that kind of ownership. But I'm not sure Theo qualifies as a genius because he can spend someone else's money to check off items on a grocery list.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Hes a Genius for stealing Rizzo from us though. lol

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Hes a Genius for stealing Rizzo from us though. lol
          Maybe. But I think that if that same deal were offered around, most GMs probably would have jumped on it. Cashner profiled well but had a history of injury struggles. Rizzo had a much higher pedigree and Alonso never looked to me like he was going to be a real power threat. Seemed more like a Wally Joyner at best. I suspect they felt like Rizzo's flop in the majors that previous summer meant he couldn't hack it but I think I would have stuck with the kid because he had legit power, something we'd been lacking for a long time. You don't need a Randy Johnson or a Kershaw to win in Petco, but you do have to score runs.

Comment

Working...
          X