• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Thoughts On Ryan Dempster Hitting Arod

Im just curious as to what people are thinking about it. Is it a Redsox decision to do that or did Dempster decide to do this?

And why throw at Arod anyways? I didnt see Braun, Cruz or any other suspended player get hit.

Is it because hes appealing or wont admit he did anything?

Im just confused as to why they would hit him. Or why Dempster would hit him.

Im guessing it was more Redsox/Yankees rivalry. And past issues with Arod in Boston.

But ill admit i questioned if Demptser realized that most MLB fans dislike Arod and felt he would be some sort of hero by hitting one of the most disliked players in baseball.
  • Boltdog
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Lunar Surface
    • Nutrition Consultant
    • Send PM

The only regret I had is that it fired the Yankees up after Dempster did that. I agree that it was probably more rivalry than anything. I would just go Ian Kennedy and pop him consistently. You are not going to see a lot of MLB'ers crying for a repeat cheater like A-Fraud. He has made it difficult for all the other players out there and they know it. He'll likely get injured again soon anyways...
    Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:

Comment

• RobH
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Tokyo, Japan
      • University English Lecturer
      • Send PM

Apparently, it comes from a previous off the field incident where Dempster felt ARod dissed him in public. Apparently, Dempster tweeted that ARod was a dick and would he (Dempster) would get even.

Here's a link to the article: http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...non-ped-users/

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Thanks for that Rob. I had no idea.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I think it was, and is always, ill advised to plunk a player for personal reasons. It has to be to protect the team and the team only. If you have a personal beef with the player, meet him in an alley or something.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Arod deserves the fans wrath, but he also deserves the clean players' wrath. Dude deserves whatever he gets.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

I also dont get how you fine a pitcher if he wasnt also ejected. I think the Ump should be fined as well. lol

Comment

Working...
              X