Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by alex View Post
    I've been saying Dickerson needs to be playing in San Diego more. Left-handed batter who has hit well at all Minor league stops. I hope we put him in left-field and leave him there until he shows he can't handle it.
    Upton is batting .250. In Padres numbers, that's like .399. If Dickerson can play one of the infield positions other than first base, I'd be good with that.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Won both games in a double header against the Cubs.
      Today we are double winners.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bleeding Vagina Who Should Be GM View Post
        Won both games in a double header against the Cubs.
        Today we are double winners.
        I just watched both games with my subscription service to mlbtv.com. Wow, I love watching Jankowski play baseball. He made a play in the first game to rob Kris Bryant of extra bases that was pure poetry. He saved two runs by running back to the wall and slamming his bare-hand - to brace himself - against the brick. They really need some damn padding. Ivy doesn't cut it. Anyhow, in addition to the great defense, Jankowski also put down a beautiful bunt for a hit and swiped a base as well.

In game two Kemp almost killed himself going for a ball in right-field where the Cubs have their bullpen mound. Unfortunately, it's also exactly in the corner where the outfield wall and the side wall meet. Ridiculously hazardous for players that are running hard to make a play.

Bethancourt killed a ball for a HR. It went 445 feet. Our bullpen shut out the Cubs in both games (four and three innings).
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Two shutouts in a row for my Padres. I mean we shut out other teams, not that we got shut out.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I noticed our closer wears his hat crooked. Is that original or does everybody's closer do that now?

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

It's not original. Lots of guys do it. Maybe Sabathia is the first one I remember doing it.

Pitching sure is looking good. Pomeranz and Rea have been really good. Shields is up and down but gets no support. Cashner? One word: Rizzo. Would be nice to get Ross back sometime. Buchter and Maurer are pitching pretty well out of the pen.

Offense still isn't pretty to look at, but what's new? It's been over a decade. Nice to see Kemp starting well. If Myers can stay healthy he'll keep hitting. Looking forward to getting some of those infielders back...but have to find room for Rosales and Betancourt. Solid producers. Picking up Sanchez was a good call.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

I noticed our closer wears his hat crooked. Is that original or does everybody's closer do that now?
                not every Closer does that. I heard he does that to fake out the batter. Supposedly it fools the hitter and he can't register where Rodney's arm is at because the cap fit makes it look like his head has already come around and finished the throwing motion - and that makes Rodney's arm tougher to pick up for the batter. It's something like that. Seems to be working.

This team reminds me of the 2010 Padres team. They went to the very last series of the season before getting knocked out by the Giants. That 2010 team had a good mix of vets and young guys that worked extremely well together. Eckstein was awesome for us as team leader. Jerry Hairston was great until he broke a leg. John Garland gave us the pitching we needed.

Our pitching in the last four series has been incredible. Especially considering Tyson Ross has been out and Cashner has not been good at all. That's amazing. The Bullpen - WOW. I love this Buchter guy. He's 29 years old and couldn't get it over the plate until now. haha What a great pickup Buchter has been. Thank you Balsley. Balsley has the hoodoo voodoo going!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

One of our best hitters has been Upton, Jr. Just saying.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

I admit to having a short fuse to both the Chargers and Padres. If I see something I don't like I will get very frustrated. But these last four series for the Padres have been as good as it gets. Not perfect baseball but overall above average baseball. They've done soem things I didn't think were possible with this team. They beat fucking Thor and DeGrom of the Mets. Those guys are VERY good. Then they go into Chicago a sweep a doubleheader. the Cubs have a ridiculous won-loss record and we win that series. When you play so well for a somewhat lengthy time period (four series in a row aint too bad) it starts to make you wonder if we got a real team here. And we're playing well with guys coming from our minor leagues as guys get injured. Something big is different. I hope it lasts. I do worry about Pomeranz' arm. I hope he can make it last.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

One of our best hitters has been Upton, Jr. Just saying.
                      True. Isn't that weird?

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by alex View Post
                        True. Isn't that weird?
                        Not for me. He's my favorite Padre.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Jankowski is my favorite. He's fun to watch. But Upton can crank up the power-meter, can't he.

Comment

Working...
                          X