• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Flannery

One pissed off ex Pad.

Former Padre turned Giants' World Champion responds to Social Media trolling with epic rant
  • Lightningwill_420

Yea, whatever, Flan. Don't forget which fans made a star out of a lifetime utility guy. For a while, we worshiped you like we did Tony Gwynn.

I mean, shit. You weren't even our best utility player at times, and still we loved you. Luis Salazar was twice the player you were, and we let the team trade him every other season. There's no way we would have allowed our heroic Flan Man to play in another uniform.

Yea. So the team was stupid and let Bochy and you go to the Giants as coaches. And you got yourself three championships and got to sing with the Dead. So bring those trophies back home to us. Don't act like you're a Giant still. Frisco fans will forget you in a couple years. In San Diego, you'll always be the shit.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-15-2016, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

That's just a mess. All of it. Fans' takes. His takes. Heck, judging from his (obviously) drunken rant...he really thinks he's the shit. You know you're a utility man-turned 3rd base coach when....you start talking about your place in baseball "history."

The old man just drank too much wine.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
        That's just a mess. All of it. Fans' takes. His takes. Heck, judging from his (obviously) drunken rant...he really thinks he's the shit. You know you're a utility man-turned 3rd base coach when....you start talking about your place in baseball "history."

The old man just drank too much wine.

What were the fans' takes that got him so upset? How many fans were involved? And who the heck is Tweeting negatively at the Flan Man anyway?
        That's like finding the San Diego Chicken's Twitter feed and harassing him for making the Padres suck.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I didn't read fans' takes, just read in the UT that they had dogged him for being a traitor and not managing the Padres etc.

Always been a fan of his, but his rant was just as silly.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I didn't read fans' takes, just read in the UT that they had dogged him for being a traitor and not managing the Padres etc.

Always been a fan of his, but his rant was just as silly.
            I read the same thing you read. I don't know how many people were dogging Flannery, if they were actually Padres fans, and if what they said was really wrong. All I saw was the Flan's reaction, which he obviously knew was stupid, or he wouldn't have deleted it.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Like I said, the old man just drank too much wine. But I think it's clear that some of that shit he was slinging he truly believes. But on the topic of demanding more from leaders, he was on the money. Just smoking bud and going for a surf isn't the way to get responsive leadership.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Like I said, the old man just drank too much wine. But I think it's clear that some of that shit he was slinging he truly believes. But on the topic of demanding more from leaders, he was on the money. Just smoking bud and going for a surf isn't the way to get responsive leadership.
                Some of us bud smokers are pretty loud about our sports teams.
                The no-complain thing is a San Diego media thing, not a San Diego fan thing.
                East coast media don't suffer fools for long. Our media suck that fool dick.
                Staying classy.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                  Some of us bud smokers are pretty loud about our sports teams.
                  The no-complain thing is a San Diego media thing, not a San Diego fan thing.
                  East coast media don't suffer fools for long. Our media suck that fool dick.
                  Staying classy.
                  I've been a San Diego fan my whole life. My experience is that most fans aren't all that demanding of ownerships. They still show up to swill beer and eat nachos and enjoy the outdoor experience.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I've been a San Diego fan my whole life. My experience is that most fans aren't all that demanding of ownerships. They still show up to swill beer and eat nachos and enjoy the outdoor experience.
                    Yea, that's called being a fan. We also scream "Fire Norv" ad nausem, which accomplishes shit. The media has to do the trash talking or nothing gets solved. You think Steinbrenner gave a shit what Dominic in the upper deck thought about the Yankee manager? Fuck no, but he read the Daily News.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                      Yea, that's called being a fan. We also scream "Fire Norv" ad nausem, which accomplishes shit. The media has to do the trash talking or nothing gets solved. You think Steinbrenner gave a shit what Dominic in the upper deck thought about the Yankee manager? Fuck no, but he read the Daily News.
                      Of course he didn't. Until Dominic stopped buying tix to the upper deck because NYY were putting a shitty product on the field. Moreover, Steinbrenner was so motivated to win it would have pissed him more than Dominic if he put a shitty product on the field. Quick....name a SD owner who has really pushed all the chips in to win. Ready, go.

Keep hearing how SD doesn't turn out bc there are so many other options competing for share of mind/wallet. Try NYC. You have to win bc fans will vote with their wallets. People here will still show up for Rubios and a beer whether the club blows or it doesn't. Look at attendance. Hasn't been below 26K per game since '09. Before that? '03. That's through a lot of bad ball clubs. They won 90 in 2010 and still only averaged 26K. Last year with all the big spending? Barely got over 30K.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Of course he didn't. Until Dominic stopped buying tix to the upper deck because NYY were putting a shitty product on the field. Moreover, Steinbrenner was so motivated to win it would have pissed him more than Dominic if he put a shitty product on the field. Quick....name a SD owner who has really pushed all the chips in to win. Ready, go.

Keep hearing how SD doesn't turn out bc there are so many other options competing for share of mind/wallet. Try NYC. You have to win bc fans will vote with their wallets. People here will still show up for Rubios and a beer whether the club blows or it doesn't. Look at attendance. Hasn't been below 26K per game since '09. Before that? '03. That's through a lot of bad ball clubs. They won 90 in 2010 and still only averaged 26K. Last year with all the big spending? Barely got over 30K.
                        That's the first time I've heard somebody say San Diego supports its teams too much. My guess is more people showed up to watch the Yankees lose in the 80s than they did to watch the Padres lose in, um, you pick the decade.

Steinbrenner was motivated to win because he wanted so see winner and Steinbrenner posted all over the Daily News. And he didn't like seeing Steinbrenner is a loser printed.

You're right - the Chargers and Padres have never had owners who wanted to win badly other than maybe Ray A. Kroc (and he died before I was old enough to know who he was.) That doesn't say anything about the fans.

You've got your "blame" focused on the wrong group. It's the owners, yea, but it's also the media - not the fans. Larry King once commented he never heard a group more down about its own team than San Diego fans. When we're pissed, the owner knows - he just doesn't care. Now, when the media comes down hard on him some day, he might start caring.
                        Last edited by Guest; 02-19-2016, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X