Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Padres-Rangers deal in works?

• Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

I'm hoping we get a good defensive second baseman before the season starts. Someone with better range than Spangenberg.

I don't know what to say about that Texas trade talk. I guess it's good Preller knows their players well. So you'd figure whatever deal gets done would be a solid one for us. Gallo doesn't seem like a good fit for us. Strikeout-aholic. As far as dealing Tyson Ross or Cashner all I can say is I hope we get premium talent in return. Brinson does look interesting but he's another right-handed hitter. I wish we could deal Myers for a good lefty hitter.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I don't want to deal Myers at all.

Any of those three players under discussion are worth serious consideration. I love Ross and would hate to let him go, but we're in replenishment mode so if we're going to deal him and/or Cashner we'd better get the right deal and the right players. They're our most marketable-traceable assets.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Any one of those 3 of Gallo, Brinson or Mazara would be a no brainer. Any one of those 3 instantly becomes our best prospect. I think all 3 are top 20 prospects.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

If Gallo could make enough contact I might agree there. Gallo is only 22 years old so maybe you take that age into consideration when looking at his 57 K's in 123 MLB plate appearances last year. He hit .201 for Texas in 2015. I'm not ready to crown him better prospect than Javy Guerra.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I don't like trading pitchers for hitters. If a small-budget team like ours is going to win, it will be with pitching.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
              If Gallo could make enough contact I might agree there. Gallo is only 22 years old so maybe you take that age into consideration when looking at his 57 K's in 123 MLB plate appearances last year. He hit .201 for Texas in 2015. I'm not ready to crown him better prospect than Javy Guerra.
              Which player would you rather have after a short MLB audition:

#1 .141 1 HR 9 RBI 46K .523 OPS 153 PAs

#2 .204 6 HR 14 RBI 57K .717 OPS 123 PAs

We know who number 2 is based on your post (though the BA was off). Can you guess who #1 was?

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bleeding Vagina Who Should Be GM View Post
                I don't like trading pitchers for hitters. If a small-budget team like ours is going to win, it will be with pitching.
                Small budget teams like ours haven't won anything with pitching-strong no-offense clubs either. I'd take my chances in our park with a little lesser rotation and a club that can score runs. I've kind of run out of patience with Cashner, so any deal that nets us something good (or even better, something close to what we gave up for him) I'm all over. I really like Ross and would love to keep him. But we're not doing anything this year and I'm not sure you'd be giving up a David Price. We've got some interesting young pitchers coming up.

Besides, if I have to watch losing baseball can it at least involve some offense? I love a good pitching duel probably more than anyone I know. But I'll be damned if I'm going to spend another five years watching ED play out in the batter's box for 162 games a year.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post

We know who number 2 is based on your post (though the BA was off). Can you guess who #1 was?
                  Luis DeLeon

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bleeding Vagina Who Should Be GM View Post
                    Luis DeLeon
                    Close. Bobby Valentine. No not really.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post

Yeah wish we would have kept Rizzo.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Bingo.

Didn't like that trade the second it was announced. Had nothing to do with Cashner. But I don't think you sour on a guy with Rizzo's potential after 150 PAs. I also felt like they saw way too much in Alonso which apparently freed them up to make the deal. Sorry, you just don't give up on talents like Rizzo. And not for nothing, he was the cornerstone of the Agon deal. So if he wasn't good enough to be worthy of more than a look-see for 150 ML plate appearances then he shouldn't have been the cornerstone of the deal.

Ahhh. The Moorad Era. Whatever that was.

Comment

Working...
                        X