• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

AJ Preller suspended for 30 days

MLB had been investigating the Padres for shady medical record keeping. In a nutshell, San Diego did not log all medical treatment provided to players with the league's central medical information bank, thereby essentially hiding injury information from competitors. That gave them an advantage in trade talks.

Soon after the Pomeranz trade, it was reported the Red Sox were unaware of some treatment he'd been receiving while with the Padres. A trade with the Marlins was also partially reversed after it was discovered pitcher Colin Rea had a preexisting elbow issue. Rea was returned to the Padres and the Marlins received their prospect in return.m

This is the second time Preller has been suspended by MLB. He was suspended several years ago while still working with the Rangers as the head of their international scouting department. Preller was disciplined for speaking to an agent about a player who was serving a suspension for providing false age and identity information. The Rangers was also fined.
    Rock Star GM!
  • HoneDogNoglet
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I already forgive him, he'll be back before the postseason is over. Can't wait to see what he does next.

Comment

• FiftyFive
      Dean Spanos is a traitor!
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

Thirty days is a slap on the wrist. This scumbag deserves to be fired. There's looking for competitive advantages, and then there's outright cheating and trying to defraud other teams. Preller did the latter. Shame on him.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

So we cheat, yet we still suck. We get all the guilt of Patsy fans with none of the joy.

Comment

• HoneDogNoglet
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

i doubt patsy fans feel guilt and neither will i if preller brings home the prize

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by HoneDogNoglet View Post
            i doubt patsy fans feel guilt and neither will i if preller brings home the prize
            I have zero faith that Rock Star GM will be bringing home any prizes other than maybe another suspension.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Meanwhile, the guy he got in one of those trades blew his arm out. You win the boogie prize!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by HoneDogNoglet View Post
                I won't be a fan of a cheater. It bothers me he is not already fired.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I am no longer a Padres fan until they fire their GM.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420 View Post
                    I am no longer a Padres fan until they fire their GM.
                    I think he sat in a gray area which has not been well-defined by the league. I would say the Cardinals and Houston database schemes were far more egregious.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                      I think he sat in a gray area which has not been well-defined by the league. I would say the Cardinals and Houston database schemes were far more egregious.
                      I am not a fan of the Fartinals or Last-hoes either. Fire Preller.

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420 View Post
                        I am not a fan of the Fartinals or Last-hoes either. Fire Preller.
                        I always referred to them as the Houston Assholes.

Comment

Working...
                        X