• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Respect, Rob. Long time loyal fans are awesome. You've been fortunate enough to be loyal to a great, great franchise that's had tons of terrific players and multiple championships.

Comment

• sandiego17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
      I remember watching the Lakers when Mel Counts was the center after Chamberlain retired, and Jerry West was on his last legs and Gail Goodrich was about all there was. They were a pretty crappy team then, but I still loved them. The Magic and Kareem Showtime years were my favorite. I kinda lost touch with after Magic retired, and I really don't like the type of ball that Kobe plays. I expect they'll be down a year or three, but hey, the sun don't shine on the same dog's butt all the time.
      IMO, basketball rules has evolved a ton, and Kobe's game reflects that change. Magic/Kareem years were awesome, but personally, love the Kobe/Shaq, Kobe/Gasol era as well. Game 7 vs. the Celtics in 2010 was phenomenal. Softass Gasol going for 19pts and 18boards while badass Garnett pulled down, what, 2 or 3 couple boards? Good shit. Apologies to Clipper fans for bringing up June 17, 2010, I know it hurts just a little . But the Clippers do have March 6, 2014, which is nice.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
        IMO, basketball rules has evolved a ton, and Kobe's game reflects that change. Magic/Kareem years were awesome, but personally, love the Kobe/Shaq, Kobe/Gasol era as well. Game 7 vs. the Celtics in 2010 was phenomenal. Softass Gasol going for 19pts and 18boards while badass Garnett pulled down, what, 2 or 3 couple boards? Good shit. Apologies to Clipper fans for bringing up June 17, 2010, I know it hurts just a little . But the Clippers do have March 6, 2014, which is nice.
        The Magic years were the best and a huge part of my childhood, I became a Chargers fan the same year I became a Lakers fan(1980).

Ive liked every Lakers team since then. I was a huge fan of the Nicky X, Eddie Jones, Ceballos, Divac era. Although I couldnt stand Elden. My wifes favorite will always be the Shaq, Kobe, Horry, Fox, Fisher team. I still have tapes of a lot of those games.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Savage Lizard
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Big Bear
          • Self-employed property manager.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          Lakers Nation: Lakers vs. Clippers is like the high school kid who can finally beat his dad and won't stop bragging about it.
          Not taking one side or the other, personally can't stand basketball. But my guess is the Clippers fans have been listening to Lakers fans shit talk them for so long, drop the "how many championships" (after all most Laker fans are also Raider fans) on them, etc., so now it's their turn to crow.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Savage Lizard View Post
            Not taking one side or the other, personally can't stand basketball. But my guess is the Clippers fans have been listening to Lakers fans shit talk them for so long, drop the "how many championships" (after all most Laker fans are also Raider fans) on them, etc., so now it's their turn to crow.
            I would think most Lakers fans know the history of the Clippers and their ownership. Donald Sterling might be one of the worst owners in any sport.

For me, I was born in San Diego but raised in the LA area. I could watch almost every Lakers game even though our TV was black and white and only got 6 channels, the Lakers had a deal with KCAL to broadcast their games. I'm sure this was a major reason for their fanbase. For football I didn't connect with the Rams because they weren't an LA team so I chose the Chargers mostly because they were fun to watch and I was born there.

The Clippers. They weren't on TV and no one in LA cared about them even once they moved because of how bad they were
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Savage Lizard
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Big Bear
              • Self-employed property manager.
              • Send PM

I think the biggest reason for their fan base is that they win all the time. Not saying all of them, but a pretty big chunk of them. After all, what do Laker/Dodger/Raider fans do best? Beat their chests and shit talk other fan bases that haven't done as well. And Laker fans are the absolute worst of front runner fan bases. They can't even be bothered to give a shit unless they are favored to win a championship. True story, my friend's sports bar with Del Harris taking the team to the playoffs when they weren't expected to do much: three guys there watching. THEY WERE IN THE PLAYOFFS and nobody gave a shit. My friend's sports bar when the Lakers had Kobe and Shaq and were favorites to win it all: standing room only. Lakers fans are so spoiled, it's kind of fun watching them suck, as little attention as I pay to basketball. Their pain is delicious!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Savage Lizard View Post
                I think the biggest reason for their fan base is that they win all the time. Not saying all of them, but a pretty big chunk of them. After all, what do Laker/Dodger/Raider fans do best? Beat their chests and shit talk other fan bases that haven't done as well. And Laker fans are the absolute worst of front runner fan bases. They can't even be bothered to give a shit unless they are favored to win a championship. True story, my friend's sports bar with Del Harris taking the team to the playoffs when they weren't expected to do much: three guys there watching. THEY WERE IN THE PLAYOFFS and nobody gave a shit. My friend's sports bar when the Lakers had Kobe and Shaq and were favorites to win it all: standing room only. Lakers fans are so spoiled, it's kind of fun watching them suck, as little attention as I pay to basketball. Their pain is delicious!
                Id say them being so great for many years does explain a lot of fans. I can even go to a Lakers message board, its really bad. But growing up in LA almost all my friends are die hard fans. The part that sucked is that by the time we were old enough to go to games together were the down years. From the end of the Showtime era until the end of the Del Harris era.

The current team is fun to watch as they are just kids getting a chance to play in the NBA where they probably wouldnt have the chance otherwise. Most of them wont be on the squad next year so its more of an audition for them. I actually dont think the Lakers will make major changes this offseason unless through trade. The 2015 team should be the beginning of what the next squad will look like.
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Jodie Meeks doing his Kobe Bryant impression
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    I actually dont think the Lakers will make major changes this offseason unless through trade. The 2015 team should be the beginning of what the next squad will look like.
                    Agree here. The biggest change for 2014 looks to be coming from the draft, but 2015 will be interesting to watch. I do think the team will keep itself in position to be a player in free agency until they get someone they like.

Comment

• bonehead
                      Undrafted
                      • Jul 2013
                      • TBD
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Clippers 142... Fakeshow 94

Hahhahhaaaahhaaaahahaaaaaa

40 years without a playoff appearance ..... I'm calling it.adios Lakers
                      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• sandiego17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                        Clippers 142... Fakeshow 94

Hahhahhaaaahhaaaahahaaaaaa

40 years without a playoff appearance ..... I'm calling it.adios Lakers
                        Cool. Small wager?

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                          Cool. Small wager?
                          Optimistic about your lifespan? LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X