• Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Awesome. Love Kobe.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I'm glad I caught that game. Great way to end a career, if not on a championship.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

That was really, really, fun to watch. Way to go out, Kobe.
        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
          That was really, really, fun to watch. Way to go out, Kobe.
          A fun game for an end of an era. I was cheering out loud the entire game
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Being constantly fed by your teammates for 50 shots and 60 pts is pretty much a microcosm. About as impressive as an opponent grooving a meatball to Cal Ripken in the All Star game.

Nonetheless, Kobe was a very good player and I'll tip my cap to him. But that performance did nothing for me, especially in comparison to what Curry did the same night.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

A "very good player" is someone like Rick Fox, or Derek Fisher. I'd rank Kobe as the third best Laker, behind Kareem and Magic, and ahead of some "great players" like The Logo, Worthy, Wilt, Baylor and Shaq. Not many will remember that Curry lit it up that night, they'll remember the record was set in a blowout.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                A "very good player" is someone like Rick Fox, or Derek Fisher. I'd rank Kobe as the third best Laker, behind Kareem and Magic, and ahead of some "great players" like The Logo, Worthy, Wilt, Baylor and Shaq. Not many will remember that Curry lit it up that night, they'll remember the record was set in a blowout.
                Um, probably not Fox or Fisher as long as we're getting legalistic. Pardon my adjective. Of course he is a great player. I wasn't suggesting that people will remember Curry that night. I was pointing out the disparity in efficiency. If you need 50 shots to get 60 you're just a chucker.

People will undoubtably remember the number 60 in his final game but most will forget or choose to ignore that it was a case of players just helping him get 60 and that Kobe was terribly inefficient in getting to that number. What many will also remember is that it was another self-indulgent Kobe night to cap a self-indulgent Kobe season. Sadly after a great career he somehow needed that.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

The game for all intent and purpose was an exhibition. It just meant more for the Lakers to just give Kobe the ball, win or not. Sure he was not efficient, but everyone there wanted him to empty the tank, and anything less, there probably would have been complaints that he didn't give it his all. I don't see that as self-indulgent, I saw it as giving his fans a final show.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoDak
                    • Technology Director
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    The game for all intent and purpose was an exhibition. It just meant more for the Lakers to just give Kobe the ball, win or not. Sure he was not efficient, but everyone there wanted him to empty the tank, and anything less, there probably would have been complaints that he didn't give it his all. I don't see that as self-indulgent, I saw it as giving his fans a final show.
                    Pretty much this.

I'm a BB coach, and I love ball movement (the Warriors)...but the last game was just fun. Shoot all you want, the season is garbage, and it's your last game.
                    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• sandiego17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

He shot 44%, no? It wasn't extremely efficient but wasn't terrible either. That was for the fans, even non laker fans enjoyed it. It was awesome, love Kobe.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I hardly watch the NBA because San Diego doesn't have a team. But, if I did watch the NBA, I'd make sure to root against the Lakers.

It's a damn shame to hear Kobe went out in style. I wish he'd grabbed the mic and shouted "Fuck L.A." 50 times before dumping a jar of nut sweat on the LA part of the Laker logo.

Raiders suck.
                        Last edited by Guest; 04-19-2016, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I love that Kobe still has haters even in his last game. Not many players go out with so many fans loving them or hating them. It's great
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X