• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Trump calls out the NFL and kneelers

Even though this is football related, we'll keep the discussion here... In a speech, Trump called for NFL owners to fire "S.O.B. kneelers" and encouraged fans to walk out of games if they saw it. He also called out the league against the unnecessary roughness penalties as weakening the game. He also rescinded his invite to Steph Curry to the White House although Curry already had decided not to show up, and LeBron James said that going to the White House wasn't much of an honor anyway.

This will be an interesting Sunday... Frankly for me the only thing that matters is what happens between the Kickoff and the end of the game.
  • Concudan
    Bhi craic agus ceol again
    Generous Donor
    • Jun 2017
    • Principal Quality Engineer
    • Send PM

I don't like them doing it, but they have the right to do it. As President, IMHO that is what he should be saying.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

They could probably resolve this issue by having the National Anthem before the players come on the field. Of course they have the right to protest injustice, but not on company time. The president picked an interesting venue... in Alabama, where pro football is at best #3 on the minds of football fans.

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Mars
        • Ball Holder
        • Send PM

Having the anthem reduced in importance is exactly what these crybabies want. Don't give an inch. I like his & JJ's stance.

Thankfully I'll be traveling tomorrow so I won't have to watch any pregame tomorrow as it will be nothing but media Trump-bashing like every other day of the week. It's like an obsession.

Comment

• Crow
          Crow commented
          Editing a comment
          This is a unique perspective.

Why do you think anyone would actively try to reduce the importance of the anthem?

Seems like it's more about wanting the U.S. to be the country it professes to be. There's a case to be made that we fall well short of what we like to believe we are.
      • Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Of course LSC backs the commissioner on his statement...

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Chargers issue statement on kneeling indicating they won't be taking the victory formation all season.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I expect nothing less from a West Pointer. Go Army.

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Hotter than hell, Georgia
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Concudan View Post
              I don't like them doing it, but they have the right to do it. As President, IMHO that is what he should be saying.
              Of course they have a right. The KKK has a right to march, Westboro Baptist Church has the right to picket soldiers funerals. Rights come with responsibilities. The flag and our national anthem are meant to unite us, disrespecting them is not how you react to someone's divisive tweets. The NFL really fucked up in my books on this.

Comment

• Crow
                An old frenemy
                • Feb 2015
                • In awe of Jon Gruden's incompetence
                • Send PM

Originally posted by obvious_idiot_bolt View Post
                Chargers issue statement on kneeling indicating they won't be taking the victory formation all season.
                :uplol:

Comment

• Crow
                  An old frenemy
                  • Feb 2015
                  • Send PM

Really? As president, is ranting about how sports owners should force their employees to do certain things (when the league has no rule that applies) and fire them if they don't comply? Seems like he's overstepping, not to mention being a really low priority for a guy with the whole country, and the whole world, to deal with.

Comment

• Concudan
                    Bhi craic agus ceol again
                    Generous Donor
                    • Jun 2017
                    • Principal Quality Engineer
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Crow View Post

Really? As president, is ranting about how sports owners should force their employees to do certain things (when the league has no rule that applies) and fire them if they don't comply? Seems like he's overstepping, not to mention being a really low priority for a guy with the whole country, and the whole world, to deal with.
                    Did you even read what I wrote?

Comment

• Crow
                      An old frenemy
                      • Feb 2015
                      • Send PM

Did you even read what I wrote?
                      Probably misread you.

You're saying as president, he should be saying it's their right even if he doesn't like it?

I read you to say he should have said the crazy shit he said. Ha.

My fault.

Comment

Working...
                      X