• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

A lot of Padres over the years linked to PEDs, so no surprise to see Cabrera suspended. Nightmare season.

Nice to see Grandal won't get additional suspension. His days are numbered nonetheless.

Comment

• RobH
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Tokyo, Japan
      • University English Lecturer
      • Send PM

Major loss for us this year, but I don't think our chances of getting to the playoffs were all that great anyway. I'd love to see them bring up Anna from AAA. I know that they think he's a AAAA player, but still I'd like to see him get his chances.

Comment

• TABF
        Por debajo del promedio
        • Jun 2013
        • SoCal
        • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
        Major loss for us this year, but I don't think our chances of getting to the playoffs were all that great anyway. I'd love to see them bring up Anna from AAA. I know that they think he's a AAAA player, but still I'd like to see him get his chances.
        Unfortunately, over the years we have had far too many Mendoza line flirting, quad A players playing each and every day!

Comment

• RobH
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Tokyo, Japan
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
          Unfortunately, over the years we have had far too many Mendoza line flirting, quad A players playing each and every day!
          Well, what the hell, might as well give another one a shot. It's not like we're loaded at the position, and you never know, maybe Anna's wearing Cinderella's slippers.

Comment

• Boltdog
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Lunar Surface
            • Nutrition Consultant
            • Send PM

Unless Forsythe starts hitting better, SS and No.8 spot just became a dead zone as far as offense is concerned...
            Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdog View Post
              Unless Forsythe starts hitting better, SS and No.8 spot just became a dead zone as far as offense is concerned...
              Whole offense has been a dead zone since 2002.

Comment

• Boltdog
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Lunar Surface
                • Nutrition Consultant
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                Maybe that happens in Sept. Team is not in the race so it's not make or break with Cedeno. I do remember last few Springs that the thinking was Anna's bat is decent enough, but maybe not his glove. We've always seem to be good in selecting the players who become AAAA guys, or else assuming they were limited AAAA guys and then they go elsewhere and do well,Iike Freese.
                Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:

Comment

• RobH
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Tokyo, Japan
                  • Send PM

From what I've read, Anna's always hit throughout the minors and has a pretty good glove. He doesn't have the range that a Cabrera has, but my guess is that he makes most of the plays. A lot of people look at him as a utility IF, and maybe he is, but we won't find out unless we bring him up. We know what Forsythe and Amarista can do, and we know Cedeno can't hit at all, so why not bring Anna up and have a look-see? As you said, BD, it's not going to make or break the season. We had to put Cedeno on the 40-man roster, so we could easily drop Cedeno and put Anna on the 40-man. I believe that he becomes rule 5 this next year, and if he continues to hit for the rest of the year in AAA, I'd imagine some team will take a flyer on him, and then we get nothing.

Comment

Working...
                  X