Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    Tough draw for the USMNT.... Ghana, Portugal and Germany. It's a 'Group of Death'... could come out with 0 points.
    I think Germany should be the favourite to win the tournament and so should definitely win the group. But the US should be fired up to avenge themselves on Ghana, and Portugal almost failed to qualify. US could finish second in the group, and then at least they wouldn't have to face Germany for a while.
    Adipose

Comment

• Jules
      BMF
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Crazy draw. We could nip the 2nd qualifying spot ahead of Ghana and Portugal.
      Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

At least they play Ghana first, with the best chance of getting 3 pts there. They aren't a push over though. Mexico gets Brazil in its group.

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Just landed to see Germany, Ronaldo and a team that owns the US. Fantastic. At least draw Ghana for the opener. Groups B and D look difficult as well.

Comment

• Buck
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Love our group. If we make it out nobody can deny how hard we played.

Comment

• BlueGoldGarrison
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Rochester, NY
              • Send PM

What's worse is US has to play Portugal in Manaus which is on the edge of the Amazon jungle. I hear the humidity is unbearable. Klinsmann would be smart to play a friendly or two in steam bath conditions before Brazil.

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Opera singer and web developer.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BlueGoldGarrison View Post
                What's worse is US has to play Portugal in Manaus which is on the edge of the Amazon jungle. I hear the humidity is unbearable. Klinsmann would be smart to play a friendly or two in steam bath conditions before Brazil.
                They'll be wishing they were back in Manaus when they play in Qatar in 4 years!
                Adipose

Comment

• Screeme
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Just a crazy draw. We have a shot at getting out of the group stage, but we're going to have to play out of our minds every game this tournament. Even then, I think we'll be lucky to be 1-0-2 out of the stage, which is probably a realistic best case scenario. We have beaten Portugal in WC play and Germany's B team earlier this year, so I think we will have a mind that we CAN win each game; but expecting to do so is just out of touch with reality.

It should be fun to watch though. If we do make it to the elimination rounds out of this group, we'll have to be thinking we have a realistic chance to win.

Comment

• Screeme
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                    I think Germany should be the favourite to win the tournament and so should definitely win the group.
                    Germany is the #2 ranked FIFA team, so definitely will be a favorite. But, anybody who doesn't see Brazil as THE favorite I think is just wrong. I don't know how they are only #10 in FIFA rankings, but not only is it in Brazil- but Brazil destroyed Spain (the #1 FIFA team) in the Confederation Cup earlier this year which was in Brazil. Not just destroyed, but they made Spain look silly.

Comment

• sandiego17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BlueGoldGarrison View Post
                      I've had the pleasure to visit Manaus a number of times. Its literally a city carved out of the jungle that provides consumer electronics manufacturers tax incentives to move production to the Amazon. Its pretty astonishing. The humidity is awful, but that could serve to help the US. The US plays its qualifiers in Central America, the Carribean and Mexico City. Portugal vs. the likes of Russia and Switzerland. Hopefully the humidity shuts down CR7.

Comment

• sandiego17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Less than 100 days to go.

Great call by Ian Darke!!!Screw the officials anyway! Took yet another goal away, but WHO CARES?!

Follow Me on Twitter! @RobbyDonohoMusic: Jerry Goldsmith - Tryouts (From the movie RUDY) ---- Shown on ESPN's Year in Review! THE ORIGINAL VIDEO THAT TOOK TH...

Comment

• sandiego17
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Klinsmann earning his salary, Julian Green commits to USMNT:

Comment

Working...
                          X