Fuck you.

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
      Does this mean you felt my response was a "sarcastic hate-message"?

I didn't think there was anything sarcastic or hateful in my post. (If anything, I think the point I make could be used to support your argument.)

What's the point of posting in a discussion board if you're not willing to engage in open debate? And why should someone else (read: I) bother to take anything you say seriously if you simply dismiss all responses with an "Ok" or a "Thank you"? I can understand if you want to simply agree to disagree when there's been a back-and-forth, but there certainly hasn't been a back-and-forth. If I were the ultra-sensitive type ( ) I would be offended by your dismissal. A better tact would simply have been to ignore the post if you didn't care to acknowledge its content in any way.

Ok? Thank you.
      How about; to obtain information on a topic one is interested in. Or, to ask a question related to the message boards main topic. Does everything have to be an open debate? Are you really here to fill a need to be taken seriously? I come here because it is a centralized location to gain information on the San Diego Chargers. I really appreciate the information that is provided here so I don't have to hunt the web. The opinions that posters provide on this information is just filed in the "food for thought" section of my mind. Some goes straight to the trash bin. Some may be intriguing enough to provoke a response. Sometimes, its just plain entertaining to sit back and observe.

Point is, not everyone has an incessant need to respond to every post as if it were directed at them.
      sigpic

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
        How about; to obtain information on a topic one is interested in. Or, to ask a question related to the message boards main topic. Does everything have to be an open debate? Are you really here to fill a need to be taken seriously? I come here because it is a centralized location to gain information on the San Diego Chargers. I really appreciate the information that is provided here so I don't have to hunt the web. The opinions that posters provide on this information is just filed in the "food for thought" section of my mind. Some goes straight to the trash bin. Some may be intriguing enough to provoke a response. Sometimes, its just plain entertaining to sit back and observe.

Point is, not everyone has an incessant need to respond to every post as if it were directed at them.
        I'm sorry, should I have made the smileys bigger or used more of them?

:More Q Please: :More Q Please: :More Q Please:
        Adipose

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Does this mean you felt my response was a "sarcastic hate-message"?

I didn't think there was anything sarcastic or hateful in my post. (If anything, I think the point I make could be used to support your argument.)

What's the point of posting in a discussion board if you're not willing to engage in open debate? And why should someone else (read: I) bother to take anything you say seriously if you simply dismiss all responses with an "Ok" or a "Thank you"? I can understand if you want to simply agree to disagree when there's been a back-and-forth, but there certainly hasn't been a back-and-forth. If I were the ultra-sensitive type ( ) I would be offended by your dismissal. A better tact would simply have been to ignore the post if you didn't care to acknowledge its content in any way.

Ok? Thank you.
          Thank you. My prediction of sarcastic hate messages hasn't been proven true.

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            Fuck you.
            Thank you.

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
              How about; to obtain information on a
              topic one is interested in. Or, to ask a question related to the message boards main topic. Does everything have to be an open debate? Are you really here to fill a need to be taken seriously? I come here because it is a centralized location to gain information on the San Diego Chargers. I really appreciate the information that is provided here so I don't have to hunt the web. The opinions that posters provide on this information is just filed in the "food for thought" section of my mind. Some goes straight to the trash bin. Some may be intriguing enough to provoke a response. Sometimes, its just plain entertaining to sit back and observe.

You are rad. Sorry I provide little info.

Comment

• Asela
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2014
                • Send PM

Not exactly. I believe teams can still be stingy in two ways.

One, my understanding is that all teams have the same cap, but a contract value that counts against the cap may not necessarily get paid to the player. This is why players like bonuses, which are paid up front. They know they get that money, and the impact on the cap is spread out over the life of the contract. But there is lots of money in contracts that count towards the cap which teams never pay players.

Two, although there is a cap, there is no obligation for a team to get close to it. I believe there is a minimum each team has to spend, but I think that is only as recent as the latest CBA. (I'm going from memory, so I could be completely wrong.)

Point is, while the NFL has a more balanced playing field than any other professional sport I can think of, some teams do still pay their players more than others.
                I don't remember the exact numbers, but there is a floor on how much an NFL owner HAS TO spend each year. Teams like the Bengals and Cardinals were known to basically skirt the minimum and pocket the difference. There were also techniques to put in bonuses into contracts that counted against the cap but likely were not going to be earned. So a team owner could get a rebate per se, cap space/money back and either keep the differnce (for a cheap owner) or try to push it forward to essentially artificially increase cap space of the next year.

I will admit that I am not a fan of Alex Spanos and considered him cheap and part of the reason Norv was not fired his last season here (when he should have!) because ownership didnt want to have to pay 2 HC salaries. Norv was also a relatively inexpensive to below average priced HC on his first contract. I don't know how McCoy stacks up salary-wise (first time hire but a hot commodity). I think Deano tries to do whats best for the team, but Alex is the ultimate decision maker IMHO about big financial decisions. Fortunately, with the guaranteed dollars for the cap, the Spanoses have spent consistently up to the Max since '01. I'm not sure if they were that consistent before. But yes, some of the money has been spend poorly which hurt.

Right now, I'd rate the Spanoses as average in terms of NFL ownership. Would you rather have a guy who spent as much as he could but made terrible personnel decisions as acting GM in Jerry Jones or Spanos?

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

At some point, there is a practical limit to how much carryover there can be. They can't spend double the salary cap in a given year, especially in bonus money, just because any real bissness struggles with those sort of huge cash payouts.

But look at the names of the two teams above. Bengals and Az are famously cheap. Also, they are two of the best teams in football right now. ANd the Bengals, despite the QB woes, seem to have a consistently strong roster the last few years. They just refuse to spend stupid amounts of money to get players, because they know they won't necessarily get what they pay for. ANd they prize production above all else, so the biggest name FA they have lost, are also guys with uneven production. I hope we follow the same path. Not that we shouldn't spend money on good FA, but just don't assume all FA are any good, just because they had some big years somewhere else. Better to spend money on key FA who we drafted, and then be selective at other spots.

As far as the ownership goes, I have a lot of friends who are Redskins fans, including by brother. Every year, all of them get around to asking the same thing, do you think this is our year? And every year I ask if they think Snyder is going to screw it up or not? And every year now they know it won't happen.

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

I really like signing players to short term deals and making them earn an extension by showing they can excel in our system.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                      I really like signing players to short term deals and making them earn an extension by showing they can excel in our system.
                      I only see Woodhead, Rhinehart, and Reggie Walker have gotten extensions in 2014. some of the short term signings expiring at the end of this season (of importance, so not including the gachkars etc) :

Dunlap - probably one of the more important ones to consider, but being a left tackle, might be expensive hopefully we can get him for a decent extension
                      Flowers - same as dunlap, could be costly as he might be more sought after (though he's been getting injured quite often)
                      Freeney - this will be an interesting topic what they decide on him

some other contracts that are expiring:
                      Wright / Gilchrist - that leaves Stuckey and Steve Williams along with Weddle and Verrett as the only one's here for a few seasons.
                      Royal - he's a McCoy favorite going back to when they were in Denver
                      Hardwick - well...hopefully we find out who his long term replacement is

here's something that will be more of a test for Telesco, Rivers and Gates contracts are up after next season. Rivers is more likely to be here for a much longer time, but it will be interesting to see what Telesco does when the time comes to replace them.

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Opera singer and web developer.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                        Thank you. My prediction of sarcastic hate messages hasn't been proven true.
                        Gracias.
                        Adipose

Comment

• MakoShark
                          Disgruntled
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Alabama
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                          You are rad. Sorry I provide little info.
                          I got this a fortune cookie the other day. Weird.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X