• Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    He played 13 out of 70 defensive snaps.
    Were we in nickle defence those other 57 plays?
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Time to singe this heroes

VIDEO LOADING
      WE'RE SORRY, BUT THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE.
      WATCH MORE VIDEOS
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Iowachargers
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Dow City, Iowa
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
        Agree the timing sucks. It always does, but lets not put the cart before the horse and start stacking losses. This thread isn't geared toward you Rich. Its just a way of me getting my glass half full thoughts in somewhere....

We played like dog shit on 3rd down (O & D) and under performed in everything except the kicking and punting game. We did not however, get destroyed and most importantly we had our chances to win that game. I didn't think we were going to finish the season 15-1, 14-2, 13-3 or even 12-4. We are good, but we have our shortcomings that will get exposed from time to time.

So much of football is matchups and yesterday, we didn't match up well... Long run, we will be fine as long as we can fight off the injury bug(s) and stick to the program. All of our remaining games are winnable IMO. I base this on the 'buy in' I see from the players in MM's system. This is an element of Football that is so hard to achieve/maintain and what quite often wins or losses football games. If we do somehow go on a significant run of losses most likely lack of buy in will be to blame. However, I think the easy way out is to start forecasting what could happen in the negative.

I for one would not be surprised if we found a way to win in Denver in 3 days. Again, I think the players buy in to what MM is cook'n.
        Time to smell what the MM is cook'n.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

I thought we played OK at the point of attack. If that was the only issue, we would have won hands down. But we had issues because the offense got the ball out into space, then we couldn't get the KC ball carriers down.

JJ points out that most of the tackling issues were people overrunning the plays, and not playing with the correct leverage to use the help of the guys around them. Most of the missed tackles were out in space, how the hell is a NT going to help make tackles in space?

We need to get good playing the screens in space, because Manning loves those, and I can't see him backing off until he gets them up by a bunch. We are not a good bubble screen D, and this is the game where we are going to put it to the test. Denver might be the best bubble screen team of all time.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

So I was listening to the radio on the way home and I guess Jamal Charles told CBS before the game that our defense was nothing special and was just average. Then Alex Smith says we played soft after the game. I sure hope those guys hear how the Chiefs are questioning their manhood and do something about it.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              So I was listening to the radio on the way home and I guess Jamal Charles told CBS before the game that our defense was nothing special and was just average. Then Alex Smith says we played soft after the game. I sure hope those guys hear how the Chiefs are questioning their manhood and do something about it.
              They're both correct...for THAT game. Two best CBs were out. Ingram, out. Attachou, out. Te'o, out. Freeney playing too many snaps, again. No depth behind the backups (expected, due to all the injuries). I'd be calling MOST team's defenses 'soft' if their defense was gutted in the same manner. I think it's amazing that our defense graded out as even "average" given that pitiful performance yesterday.

Of course, if KC can only generate 2 TDs against such a soft, depleted defense, that doesn't say all that much about their offense, does it?

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                We sure showed them.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• blahblahblah
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

As JJ and Steve said the main issues were leverage and over pursuit along with bad tackling. Nothing to do wuth the interior d line, although reyes did get pushed around a bit.

ILBs and DBs had horrible games.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Most of the missed tackles were out in space, how the hell is a NT going to help make tackles in space?
                    By force of gravity, what else...
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                      They're both correct...for THAT game. Two best CBs were out. Ingram, out. Attachou, out. Te'o, out. Freeney playing too many snaps, again. No depth behind the backups (expected, due to all the injuries). I'd be calling MOST team's defenses 'soft' if their defense was gutted in the same manner. I think it's amazing that our defense graded out as even "average" given that pitiful performance yesterday.

Of course, if KC can only generate 2 TDs against such a soft, depleted defense, that doesn't say all that much about their offense, does it?
                      It means they didn't play particularly well and still won a division road game. Let's be real, if not for several dropped passes and a receiver stepping out of bounds on what would have been a TD, the game isn't very close. I get that we are at a disadvantage by being so beat up, but we lost this game in the trenches. Our front 7 played like crap for the second game in a row against an average and a horrible offense. And now we somehow have to find a way to stop the best offense in the league. So yeah, the wheels are coming off right now. As long as Rivers is our QB we will always have a chance, but he can't do it by himself.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

We lost a game to a division rival, always tough games. So what, we played in a way were we had a shot to win and didn't get that play we needed dispute being owned for much of the game. IMO considering injuries we gave a great effort and have nothing to be ashamed of.

Are we a better team at this point than the team that took one from Denver in Denver last year? That's the only question now.
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Iowachargers View Post

Time to smell what the MM is cook'n.
                          I am Mister Hoarse, and I approve this message.

VIDEO LOADING
                          WE'RE SORRY, BUT THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE.
                          WATCH MORE VIDEOS
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X