• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    No need to die on this hill come Thursday when we have a golden opportunity to bounce back 10 days later.

Show up and fight, but don't get in the dumps after losing.
    I think your subject line does your argument more harm than anything. You said the game was irrelevant. And after reading your post, I know that's not what you meant. But when you say irrelevant in the subject line, that's what people retain and that's what people are responding to.

Comment

• sandiego17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      This game could be simply a beatdown; or a beatdown with consequences. And I've never been a risk taker.
      When was the last time the Chargers were beatdown? 2007? Nobody should be crowning Denver, the same Manning led team went into the SB favored and themselves got beatdown, with consequences. F them. Winning may be difficult, but they're definitely beatable.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
        When was the last time the Chargers were beatdown? 2007? Nobody should be crowning Denver, the same Manning led team went into the SB favored and themselves got beatdown, with consequences. F them. Winning may be difficult, but they're definitely beatable.
        You said crowning. Heh Heh Hehheheheh Heh heh

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          My wife didn't say anything about the Niners.
          Aw, hell, I'm not going to search for the post, because I'm lazy and the board's search functionality sucks weasle tits, but did you not say back in week 2 or 3 that your wife, a diehard 49ers fan, thinks the 49ers are not a very good team this season? Or was that the other OIP?
          Adipose

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
            I think your subject line does your argument more harm than anything. You said the game was irrelevant. And after reading your post, I know that's not what you meant. But when you say irrelevant in the subject line, that's what people retain and that's what people are responding to.
            Wait, you read the subject lines? Why? Doesn't every thread eventually become about either SP or YPC anyway?
            Adipose

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
              Aw, hell, I'm not going to search for the post, because I'm lazy and the board's search functionality sucks weasle tits, but did you not say back in week 2 or 3 that your wife, a diehard 49ers fan, thinks the 49ers are not a very good team this season? Or was that the other OIP?
              My wife is a Chargers and Niners fan. Because of that I watch more Niners games than I'd like, which is everyone this season except last week. Watching them it's my opinion that they are not a very good team so far. At least not as good as they've been in the last few seasons. That's my opinion, not my wife's.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

My wife is a Chargers and Niners fan. Because of that I watch more Niners games than I'd like, which is everyone this season except last week. Watching them it's my opinion that they are not a very good team so far. At least not as good as they've been in the last few seasons. That's my opinion, not my wife's.
                Must make you very popular with Mrs. OIP.

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Send PM

Ok, apologies for the confusion. I can't be sure that I didn't misunderstand your earlier post, so I'll accept this and stop making references to your "wife's opinion."
                  Adipose

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                    Must make you very popular with Mrs. OIP.
                    She doesn't live or die with them. Now if were talking Lakers...
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• TTK
                      EX-Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • America's Finest City
                      • Send PM

This game is beyond important in order to win the division. Looking at the Broncos schedule, I don't see them dropping enough games for the Chargers to catch them unless they beat them head to head. The Bolts will be an underdog for sure but this is a must win game unless you settle for a wild card spot again.

Comment

• Sec-E4
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2014
                        • Arizona
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                        No but don't be surprised.

Or upset.

Bigger fish to fry. Literally.
                        Your talking as if we haven't experienced a tough loss in the past ...LoL

So Denver isn't a Big Fish to Fry ?? This Thursday night game is pretty important & can set us up in a nice position. KC had a depleted back field & managed to beat us, We will probably go into Denver & do the same thing KC did to us

This Thread is more of abomination then my Conspiracy thread ....It's screams, Hey ! We're gonna lose against Denver & the Miami game is our Super Bowl :-/ Beating Denver is crucial because our schedule doesn't get any easier. This win will give the Chargers a shit ton of confidence & we'll be at 1st in our division again !! So yah, This game is pretty dang important

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
                          Your talking as if we haven't experienced a tough loss in the past ...LoL

So Denver isn't a Big Fish to Fry ?? This Thursday night game is pretty important & can set us up in a nice position. KC had a depleted back field & managed to beat us, We will probably go into Denver & do the same thing KC did to us

This Thread is more of abomination then my Conspiracy thread ....It's screams, Hey ! We're gonna lose against Denver & the Miami game is our Super Bowl :-/ Beating Denver is crucial because our schedule doesn't get any easier. This win will give the Chargers a shit ton of confidence & we'll be at 1st in our division again !! So yah, This game is pretty dang important
                          There are going to be a lot of REALLY pissed off posters come Friday morning, I fear. But we experienced a month of 'grade inflation' by beating up on the chumps around the League, so I guess we can classify the next month as a 'correction'. I just don't see this team recovering from losses at both Denver AND Miami. If we shoot our wad on Thursday, we might as well just start a 2015 Draft Thread. Even if we were to come back and beat Oakland and St. Louis - no sure thing on the heels of a 3-game slid - we'd STILL have to win 3 of our next 5 after that. And with games at Balt, KC, and SanFran, as well as Denver and NE at home, this place could get VERY unfriendly by Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                          X