• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yubaking
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
    Did you escape from some asylum? Should we alert the authorities?
    WTF?!

I am not claiming to be clairvoyant. My study suggested an offensive approach that opponents might be able to use effectively against us and that's what KC did. I think it was fairly predictable, no real mystery other than how some of you couldn't seem to see something so glaringly obvious or apparently still can't see how our deficient run defense is hurting us.

Comment

• Yubaking
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
      I don't give a rat's ass about Smith's comments, he's an average (at best) QB that really shouldn't be saying anything other than thank you to the fat guy that devises game plans to limit his exposure. Simply think its crazy that you would assume, even heat of the moment, that he would say something like that. Sure it's possible, but the immediate reaction should be to question the comment and maybe try to find out the context of such a statement. You, however, are always predisposed to assume things make your point. All day. You once asked, but I wonder, did you ever take a science class?
      Again with the red herring. You don't care about it, but you keep raising it.

Go find the poster that originally made the statement and argue with him. I am going to tend to give our posters the benefit of the doubt when they say that someone just said something. Otherwise I would be fact checking from to here to hell and gone. And this is especially so if the representation (post) is made right after alleged statement is supposed to have been made.

In short, piss off.

I am too busy being concerned about the fact that a team with less talent than us was able to use the game plan that I suggested teams could use against us to beat us in our house.

Comment

• sandiego17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking
        In short, piss off
        Ahh agreement. Except it wasn't short. Cheers.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Smith knows we play Denver tonight, I'm sure he knew what he was saying would challenge us to go show Denver how physical we are. Nothing would make KC happier than a Chargers win in Denver tonight.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• MakoShark
            Disgruntled
            • Jun 2013
            • North Alabama
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            Smith knows we play Denver tonight, I'm sure he knew what he was saying would challenge us to go show Denver how physical we are. Nothing would make KC happier than a Chargers win in Denver tonight.
            Not even 3 Royals wins in SF over the weekend?
            sigpic

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Some media tried to make a big deal out of Smith's comments but if you've heard the full clip, it wasn't a shot at the Chargers. He was talking about how the defensive coverage was playing.

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                Do you not think that there is a relationship between an effective running game and the down and distance situation a team finds itself in on third down?

I get that KC converted a mixture of third downs, some shorter and some longer. Obviously, the longer conversions were disappointing. I am not disputing any of that. And I certainly would never dispute that Marshall couldn't cover a table with a tablecloth much less cover an NFL receiver.

But our poor run defense is giving our opponents easier third down conversion opportunities and is contributing at times to our opponent not even having to face third down situations.

By shutting down the run, we will create more and better third down opportunities for our defense to get off of the field. Also, we will create more known passing situations which will help our pass defense.

We are statistically deficient versus the run, but even more than that, our weakness against the run is plain as day obvious just by looking at the games even without considering the statistical support.
                The defense was deficient against both the run and pass this past game. In general, yes, stopping the run more theoretically should make it harder to convert third downs but look at what happened in the game we're talking about. It didn't matter. KC was converting 3rd and long as well as 3rd and short. The whole defense sucked as a whole.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

I don't think that there's any doubt the injuries caught up to the Chargers last week.

That being said, Denver's defense does have a high rating, but I think, similar to last year...it's not as good as it looks.

Because they score so many points... teams are forced to throw, alot, and they get alot of 3rd and long situations.

Remember when the chargers played them last year. All 3 times. Run the ball, run the ball, run the ball... Keep Manning off the field.

Beat them once and had a shot all 3 times. Heard Verrett was a full participant yesterday, so that's a good thing.

The Chargers can beat this team. They don't run the ball as well as they did last year, either.

However, could the broncos win in a blowout? Yep. The chargers have really done about as well as could be expected with the rash of injuries. They are really a couple plays from being 7-0.

So, lets just see how it goes. I'm anticipating a good game.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                    I don't think that there's any doubt the injuries caught up to the Chargers last week.

That being said, Denver's defense does have a high rating, but I think, similar to last year...it's not as good as it looks.

Because they score so many points... teams are forced to throw, alot, and they get alot of 3rd and long situations.

Remember when the chargers played them last year. All 3 times. Run the ball, run the ball, run the ball... Keep Manning off the field.

Beat them once and had a shot all 3 times. Heard Verrett was a full participant yesterday, so that's a good thing.

The Chargers can beat this team. They don't run the ball as well as they did last year, either.

However, could the broncos win in a blowout? Yep. The chargers have really done about as well as could be expected with the rash of injuries. They are really a couple plays from being 7-0.

So, lets just see how it goes. I'm anticipating a good game.
                    I believe we can run, but as I said before in the Mile High Altitude we have no rotation when Oliver comes out for a breather it is 1-yard (+ or -) Ronnie Brown, I know he broke a long run against Cincy in the playoffs, and that had more so with them selling out and he popped through at the right time.

This is a game you don't want to fall behind and play catch up

Comment

• Wheels
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • San Diego
                      • Send PM

With all due respect to Ragnan, who posted his questions with class, has there ever been a more effective way in the history of comment boards to end trolling, than unleashing a Yuba debate?

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

So happy I avoided the board.

All the Chargers need to do is get healthy and stop committing stupid penalties that extend drives.

Comment

Working...
                        X