• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

What's up with Donald Brown?

I'm not questioning the severity of the concussion or his toughness. But is this going to turn into one of "those" concussions that essentially ends his season? Serious injury and his health is of the utmost importance, but I feel like the longer it goes on the more likely he's having residual symptoms and might miss real extended time.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02
  • RobH
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Tokyo, Japan
    • University English Lecturer
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    I'm not questioning the severity of the concussion or his toughness. But is this going to turn into one of "those" concussions that essentially ends his season? Serious injury and his health is of the utmost importance, but I feel like the longer it goes on the more likely he's having residual symptoms and might miss real extended time.
    Acer chat today said it was a severe concussion, but they expect him back for Miami.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

It didn't seem that bad at the time. I was watching him with binoculars after it happened and he seemed fine - clearly he isn't though.

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        It didn't seem that bad at the time. I was watching him with binoculars after it happened and he seemed fine - clearly he isn't though.
        Watch it on tv. It was a vicious hit. I'm not at all surprised Brown has been out this long.
        Adipose

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Barnwell suggests we need to trade Brown to get out from under his contract since he's been such a 'miserable failure.'

I think that's premature. Obviously he's got the concussion issue, but I think he's a better back than he showed. The line simply isn't getting a lot of push. He's a little more like Sproles in the sense that he's a speed/moves guy vs a guy that can kind of move the pile like Mathews, Woodhead and Oliver.

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
            Barnwell suggests we need to trade Brown to get out from under his contract since he's been such a 'miserable failure.'

I think that's premature. Obviously he's got the concussion issue, but I think he's a better back than he showed. The line simply isn't getting a lot of push. He's a little more like Sproles in the sense that he's a speed/moves guy vs a guy that can kind of move the pile like Mathews, Woodhead and Oliver.
            I assume you posted that to illustrate somebody's stupidity- but there seems to be many people that make this quick judgements without any thought to reality. We got Brown as a rotation guy at a very team friendly conract for 2 years and he got hurt. So did Mathews and Woody (who also just got a new 2 year contract)- so should we just trade anyone who gets a new deal and gets hurt willy-nilly?

I'm not sure if the guy just has a Fantasy Football mentality of players who can go every time he plugs them in or what, but in Brown's case we didn't bring him in to be our featured RB this year- but he is a candidate for that NEXT year if Mathews leaves. Its asinine to suggest trading him injured now (who would take him?) and with Woodhead no sure bet for the future along with Mathews next year.
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
              I assume you posted that to illustrate somebody's stupidity- but there seems to be many people that make this quick judgements without any thought to reality. We got Brown as a rotation guy at a very team friendly conract for 2 years and he got hurt. So did Mathews and Woody (who also just got a new 2 year contract)- so should we just trade anyone who gets a new deal and gets hurt willy-nilly?

I'm not sure if the guy just has a Fantasy Football mentality of players who can go every time he plugs them in or what, but in Brown's case we didn't bring him in to be our featured RB this year- but he is a candidate for that NEXT year if Mathews leaves. Its asinine to suggest trading him injured now (who would take him?) and with Woodhead no sure bet for the future along with Mathews next year.
              I don't think Donald Brown has ever been or will ever become a featured-type back. I don't dislike they guy, but he's perfect for a rotation. He's no good as a #1 RB.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

I'm guessing the Colts probably wanted Brown to be their #1 back as he was drafted in the first round. But he either gets hurt too much or just hasn't produced enough for that role....ever.
                For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Working...
                X