X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*** Chargers at Broncos Game Day Thread ***

Let's get the MOJO train rolling! Bolt up!!! Yes, you too, QSmokey!!!

Let's go Bolts!!!!!!!
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Woohoo! You're up early!

Go Bolts!
    sigpic

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Game Day Baby!

Comment

• Maverick
        (Coryellian)
        • Jun 2013
        • Point Loma
        • Send PM

Let's go BOLTS!

You also might like MY COOL NOSTALGIA CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0k5PxsVMl1neYe2u4xlNAw

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

In my 35-year history as a San Diego Chargers fan, I will finally miss part of a game. I won't be able to break away from meetings for the first 3 quarters (or until about 7:30 p.m. Arizona time (anybody know if my adopted state is Mountain time? Pacific time? Daylight time? Standard time? I've been stuck on Jewish time since Rosh Hashanah)).

So, good luck, fellow Chargers fans. We are all counting on you.

In other news about me, this marks the first moment I am able to discuss, hear, look at, or think about NFL football since the Chiefs game. What a lousy affair that was. Rivers wasn't at his best. And the defense seems, to me, like it is going to get whooped by teams that can, and also choose to, both run and pass. We can probably hold our own against offenses that are imbalanced or turnover-prone. But, against teams that play like the Chiefs offense played Sunday, we either need Rivers to have a big game or we need Oliver to be given a chance to take over and help give that D more rest. Rivers, while not horrible compared to average NFL quarterbacks, was not good enough last week to overcome how our D played. And Oliver wasn't given much of a chance to chew up yards and time. Do the Chargers not notice how fucking good that guy is? He don't need no stinking blocking. Just give him the ball.

Hopefully nobody got injured while I was ignoring football. Oh, and, ouch. I just looked it up. The Donkeys won last week. Shitty balls. Let's beat these fuckers.
          Last edited by thelightningwill; 10-23-2014, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
            In my 35-year history as a San Diego Chargers fan, I will finally miss part of a game. I won't be able to break away from meetings for the first 3 quarters (or until about 7:30 p.m. Arizona time (anybody know if my adopted state is Mountain time? Pacific time? Daylight time? Standard time? I've been stuck on Jewish time since Rosh Hashanah)).

In other news about me, this marks the first moment I am able to discuss, hear, look at, or think about NFL football since the Chiefs game. What a lousy affair that was. Rivers wasn't at his best. And the defense seems, to me, like it is going to get whooped by teams that can, and also choose to, both run and pass. We can probably hold our own against offenses that are imbalanced or turnover-prone. But, against teams that play like the Chiefs offense played Sunday, we either need Rivers to have a big game or we need Oliver to be given a chance to take over and help give that D more rest. Rivers, while not horrible compared to average NFL quarterbacks, was not good enough last week to overcome how our D played. And Oliver wasn't given much of a chance to chew up yards and time. Do the Chargers not notice how fucking good that guy is? He don't need no stinking blocking. Just give him the ball.

Hopefully nobody got injured while I was ignoring football. Oh, and, ouch. I just looked it up. The Donkeys won last week. Shitty balls. Let's beat these fuckers.
            Ah, just what we need. Some Rivers love.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Let's go Cargadores and Felipe Rios!

Comment

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post

Well, I'd suggest that you check this thread when you're done with your meetings. If we're winning going into the 4th quarter, DON'T START WATCHING THE GAME!!!

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

I am here in Denver for the game (and Pearl Jam last night) and there are a lot of Charger fans around downtown and on the mall. Even saw quite a few shirts and hats at the concert last night. It not like some of the road teams fans that take over the Q but we should have some representation tonight!
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Go Chargers!
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

How Vegas experts view SD-DEN
                      Evan Abrams [ARCHIVE]

ESPN Insider | October 23, 2014
                      Since Peyton Manning arrived in Denver in 2012, the Broncos are 4-1 straight up and 3-2 against the spread against the Chargers. In those games, he has thrown 14 touchdowns and four interceptions, with a completion percentage of 68 percent. His record against San Diego may seem impressive, but against the rest of the AFC West, Manning is 9-0 SU, with 25 touchdown passes, four interceptions and a completion percentage of 73.5 percent.

It's not that San Diego has really stymied Manning and Denver, but the Broncos are only beating San Diego by 5.2 points per game since 2012, while their point margin per game against all other opponents is 11.4.

The one thing San Diego and Philip Rivers will need to do to win this game is keep the ball out of Manning's hands. Denver is 33-9 SU and 24-17-1 ATS since Manning arrived in 2012, but is 14-7 SU in games where Manning has a time of possession of less than 30 minutes. Only five times have the Broncos and Manning had a time of possession of less than 25 minutes in a game; they are 3-2 SU and 2-3 ATS in those games, and two of them have come against San Diego.

There are two trends in favor of backing San Diego in this one:

1. During the past five years, when division rivals play on Thursday night with a spread of more than a touchdown, the favorite is 8-1 SU but just 2-7 ATS.

2. Since Manning arrived in Denver in 2012, he is 9-1 SU as a favorite of more than a touchdown against the AFC West, but just 4-6 ATS (2-3 ATS since the start of last season).

According to ESPN Insider's PickCenter, the public is currently backing the Broncos at a clip of 59 percent at the line of Denver minus-7.5.
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• TABF
                        Por debajo del promedio
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoCal
                        • Send PM

If we can run the ball at an okay rate and we stay out of 3rd long, we will be fine. Denver is going to get their points. We just need to counter with an equal amount of points and longer drives (time wise).

BTW, I like our chances if we defer the KO to the second half.

Comment

Working...
                        X