• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    Agreed. Maybe we miss Mathews more than we realized. At the very least fresh legs to rotate and more options in the passing game. Just find a way to beat Miami.
    The thing I started noticing about Woodhead and Mathews was how often they were able to squirt through the smallest cracks to gain positive yardage. So the line had a little more latitude. They could create something out of nothing. Brown isn't that kind of player and struggled. He needs to be a screen pass target type where we get him in space.Oliver was doing the same thing as Woody and Mathews for us. But last night, against a strong front he struggled. Our line wasn't just holding it's own, Denver was getting penetration so Oliver had a hand on him before he even got going. A veteran presence probably can't overcome that completely, but might make some better choices (although we're talking about Mathews here). It's going to be a problem. But maybe it gets slightly better when we're rotating three different guys in there and giving them different looks. It might also make sense to vary between under center and shotgun and to consider the possibility of running other types of runs other than the inside handoff. I don't think we can turn this line around that much unless Clary comes back, but I think some variation of players, looks, and plays might help us to improve a little.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

The Bolts should beat Miami. If they don't then, this team doesn't belong in the post season anyway.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
        The Bolts should beat Miami. If they don't then, this team doesn't belong in the post season anyway.
        Miami will likely be 4-3 going into that game. Not sure why it's a given we will win, especially given our health.

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          Miami will likely be 4-3 going into that game. Not sure why it's a given we will win, especially given our health.
          Even with the injuries, the Chargers have a better roster and coach IMO.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
            Even with the injuries, the Chargers have a better roster and coach IMO.
            I thought the same thing about KC, but we didn't win that game at home. I think we should win, but it's not going to be a gimme like the Jets or Jags game was.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              I thought the same thing about KC, but we didn't win that game at home. I think we should win, but it's not going to be a gimme like the Jets or Jags game was.
              I think the Chiefs game is a little different, though we still should have won but it's a division game so anything goes. They also came close to beating the Broncos at home. As much as I hate to say it, I think the Chiefs deserve more credit and respect than they're getting.

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Big Bear
                • Self-employed property manager.
                • Send PM

The Lizard will be in Miami for the game this weekend, sporting my Winslow away jersey. Hopefully the Bolts will take care of business and I will not be subjected to a bunch of shit from chest thumping Dolphins fans.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

I think we need to beat the Dolphins Raiders and Rams to get to 8-3 because there is not an easy game on the schedule after that. If we get to 8-3 then we probably only need to win 2 of our last 5 games to get in the playoffs with 10 wins....10 wins is usually enough
                  migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Don't forget St Louis. They would be the 8th win.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Sorry. You said that.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Savage Lizard View Post
                        The Lizard will be in Miami for the game this weekend, sporting my Winslow away jersey. Hopefully the Bolts will take care of business and I will not be subjected to a bunch of shit from chest thumping Dolphins fans.
                        Good on ya for sporting the JERSEY OF MOJO!

VIDEO LOADING
                        WE'RE SORRY, BUT THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE.
                        WATCH MORE VIDEOS
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Opera singer and web developer.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                          I think we need to beat the Dolphins Raiders and Rams to get to 8-3 because there is not an easy game on the schedule after that. If we get to 8-3 then we probably only need to win 2 of our last 5 games to get in the playoffs with 10 wins....10 wins is usually enough
                          What's wrong with 13-3? Not so outrageous a possibility if we're healthy. There isn't a team on the schedule we can't beat.
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X