• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Its hard to compare teams cap space by year. 2016 we are top in the league as far as cap space goes. Its just the way contracts are done these days. Broncos have a lot of backloaded contracts and cap hell is just around the corner. We are however shaping up very nicely for the near future to bring in longer contract starters as well as keeping our studs. Really if we continue to draft well i can see us bringing in front line starters in both 2015 and especially 2016 when we are projected to be 100 million under the cap. Obviously that suggests turnover will be big but we have a pretty solid little core that we continue to build through the draft. Most of the guys that come off the books in 2016 are depth guys. Locking up Liuget and Ingram will be the key guys in 2016. As well as extending Weddle/Rivers. The money will be there to continue to build big over the next 2 years. And if we can stay away from the Butler type mistakes and hit on our free agents as well as draft picks we will compete for years to come.

I also think we end up with more cap space this coming year after extending Rivers. Hes set to count around 17 million against the cap. I think we can make that number a lot smaller.

Rivers is key here. He is ready now. So building the OL with rookies now knowing it will take time concerns me. I think due to Rivers age its best we fix the OL problem now with proven players.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
      I would put Fluker at LG next to Dunlap and flat out steemroll any defender on that side. I'd look for the best pull in guard for RG and try to get Roos from Tenn or draft a RT. Watt at center.
      I wouldnt be opposed to getting a OC and leaving Watt at OG.Its what he does best.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        I wouldnt be opposed to getting a OC and leaving Watt at OG.Its what he does best.
        It becomes a question of were do you want the rookie, IMO is n between two vets is the best option rookie being Fluker in this case. Between King and Watt. Or draft a LOG high and play Fluker at RG next to a vet FA like Roos at RT.
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

We will also extend Weddle.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            It becomes a question of were do you want the rookie, IMO is n between two vets is the best option rookie being Fluker in this case. Between King and Watt. Or draft a LOG high and play Fluker at RG next to a vet FA like Roos at RT.
            If the rookie is good enough I dont care if he is between two vets or not. A vet OC IMO would be better than a second year guy who has only played OC his rookie year since he calls out the OL adjustments.

I hate to give Jerry Jones any credit but he used three first round picks on OL and he has a 2nd year LG, a 2nd year OC and a rookie RG. LT is a 4th year guy and RT is a 8 year guy so in the middie there are no vets between them.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-29-2014, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

And I bet he still packs heat when he travels with the team...

That said we need stability or if we group wholesale change on the online we must embrace inconsistency.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                We will also extend Weddle.
                Overpaid during his prime. I wouldn't sink more money into him by then.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Faded blues
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2013
                  • Send PM

I think the biggest priority going into this offseason is acquiring a center via FA. I mean top notch center.

after that it is a guard
                  then a true number 1 wr.
                  RB

after that defense.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                    Overpaid during his prime. I wouldn't sink more money into him by then.
                    Not sure what you mean by then. He has one year left on his contract and I fully expect him to be extended this offseason.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I was thinking, (I know, never a good thing...) and I had a thought that concerned me. What if the Raiders pursue Suh? If they do go after him in FA I would be very much in favor of making a competitive offer. If he is going to be in the AFC West, I want him stomping on the other AFC West QB's not Rivers!

Thoughts???
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• CTrout
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I wouldn't complain about adding Suh but you'd have to think his contract will be astronomical. I just
                        don't think we're in the greatest position to be giving out that type of $$ to one player. We have way to many
                        other things to worry about.
                        T. Knighton from Denver would be much cheaper and still give us a major upgrade.

Comment

• bonehead
                          Undrafted
                          • Jul 2013
                          • TBD
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

No Suh in Oakland...no player wants to go there....unless your old and slow and need that last big payday.

At this point if you are an agent the last places you want to send a client is Oakland or Cleveland unless you absolutely do not have other options...despite the latest episode I think there will be teams lined up with bags of money for Suh
                          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                          X