Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    Yeah I don't get it. They could lose a young talent that could be good for years down the road just to bring up a scrub for one game when they have Stucky. WTF? Stucky may be the guy anyways and Phillips is just depth. Really don't like that move.
    Stuckey is our Pro Bowl ST guy. Jimmy Wilson is supposed to get the start. We're just 1 S down right now and Phillips knows the system if called on to play.

BTW: is anybody REALLY impressed with Addae starting? I'm just not seeing a complete player there in his 3rd year with us. Seems to still be going for the knockout all the time instead of the routine play and tackle, but at least he seems to be closer to the action than before when he'd fly in late. I'm thinking Mager should be in the mix for a S job next year if Weddle isn't kept.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

I keep forgetting about Wilson. But Stucky has played safety more often the last couple seasons was all i was saying. Still think it is a bad move to possibly lose Tyrel to promote Phillips.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

This roster must be better than people think if they're cutting Twill.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
          This roster must be better than people think if they're cutting Twill.
          We hope.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Or it could be another Welker mistake. We'll find out soon enough.

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
              LOL! You teenage Fantasy Football geeks crack me up. Coaches don't care about the best 53 man roster ON PAPER, and there's always going to be healthy inactives based on who the next opponent is, personnel groups needed for game plan, position groups that are healthiest and more. You must of forgot how many lame street FA RBs Telesco and AJ before him had to scramble for in season when we had injuries, and the fact Brown knows the offense already along with being healthy puts his value way above another RB we may have to bring in later if they cut him and we have an injury again.

And the Cox comparison is looney- Cox was the #1 rated FA CB and was paid a premium salary to come in here as a starter and lock down 1 side of the field- and failed miserably despite his history. Brown was brought in to be a rotational guy spelling both Mathews and Woodhead- not REPLACING BOTH at the same time when they were out. It wasn't Brown's fault our OL went to shit and BOTH Mathews and Woodhead were removed as primary RB contributers, as he's not cut out to be an every down feature back that always makes positive yardage by himself on every touch behind an OL that can't block and open holes for anyone. That wasn't his role and you can't reasonably expect that from him. Some of you guys need to get out of his jock with unrealistic expectations simply based on salary and being inactive.

mama still says goin' nowhere Gilbert!

1. Quoting you the Cox comparison is looney- Cox was the #1 rated FA CB and was paid a premium salary to come in here as a starter and lock down 1 side of the field- and failed miserably despite his history. Looney is paying someone 3 million and they are on the inactive list my friend

2. Last Year Brown end up backing up Oliver; when Mathews and Woodhead went down, so quoting you he was a rotaional guy he should of rotated his ass into the next guy up moving into the number 1 back, but NO he was replaced by an undrafted Free Agent Rookie Brandon Oliver.

3. The same crappy 2014 O-line you speak of Oliver (3.6) averaged more yards per carry than Brown (2.6) Philip Rivers had a better average (2.8) which is crazy. I forgot to add we brought in old man Ronnie Brown late in the season with the same crappy O-line and averaged 4.2 look up these 2014 Stats, and then feel free to justify Donald Brown, hell we should of kept Ronnie Brown he would of been a cheap inactive solution.

You & Gilbert see things with a total set of different eyes than the rest of us!

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                1. Quoting you the Cox comparison is looney- Cox was the #1 rated FA CB and was paid a premium salary to come in here as a starter and lock down 1 side of the field- and failed miserably despite his history. Looney is paying someone 3 million and they are on the inactive list my friend

2. Last Year Brown end up backing up Oliver; when Mathews and Woodhead went down, so quoting you he was a rotaional guy he should of rotated his ass into the next guy up moving into the number 1 back, but NO he was replaced by an undrafted Free Agent Rookie Brandon Oliver.

3. The same crappy 2014 O-line you speak of Oliver (3.6) averaged more yards per carry than Brown (2.6) Philip Rivers had a better average (2.8) which is crazy. I forgot to add we brought in old man Ronnie Brown late in the season with the same crappy O-line and averaged 4.2 look up these 2014 Stats, and then feel free to justify Donald Brown, hell we should of kept Ronnie Brown he would of been a cheap inactive solution.

You & Gilbert see things with a total set of different eyes than the rest of us!
                I'm sorry, did you think you were making a point here somehow? I must have missed it. Maybe bone up a little on what RB By Committee is about, along with roles of rotational players and try again.
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• OhioBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                  I'm sorry, did you think you were making a point here somehow? I must have missed it. Maybe bone up a little on what RB By Committee is about, along with roles of rotational players and try again.
                  Actually I am sorry I took your post and try to make sense out, RB by Committee and Rotational Players, but where exactly does an inactive player for two weeks in a row (Donald Brown) fit into any of the categories you mention RB by Committee or Rotational Player.

Last Two Sundays RB by Committee has been Gordon, Woodhead and Oliver

Rotational Player unless you mean his name is rotated with other players that have been inactive the last two weeks?

I am going to take it your joking right!
                  Last edited by OhioBolt; 09-21-2015, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 34 minutes ago

Chargers waived G Craig Watts today. His four-game suspension dating back to last December ended.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 34 minutes ago

Chargers waived G Craig Watts today. His four-game suspension dating back to last December ended.
                      Sweet. I'm tired of having backup guards - what are they good for?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Did Tyrel clear waivers?

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Yes he did clear waivers.

And speaking of backup guards:

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 49m49 minutes ago
                          Johnnie Troutman said it may still be a couple weeks before his return. Chargers guard suffered broken forearm on Aug. 13.

And

Marty Caswell ‏@MartyCaswell 28m28 minutes ago
                          No sign of walking boot for Jacoby Jones or DJ Fluker. Fluker was hopeful he could be 1-2 weeks away.

Comment

Working...
                          X